Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Duo OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like this make also. I bought a set from Boots following a recommendation on here a couple of years ago (was it you?). Which brush though, a biggish fluffy one?

I use the large powder brush, mainly for my bare minerals but the next one down in size is excellent for bnb.

I use the large powder brush, mainly for my bare minerals but the next one down in size is excellent for bnb.

Thanks, juliewilb and Mazza, for your suggestions. I am sure I have something suitable so will give it a go tomorrow.

I have stumbled upon this video earlier this week and having not been happy with the bnb coverage in the latest tsv I thought that I would try it (the blending sponge).

I'm very impressed so far, as it:
1 gave me the best finish ever and bnb actually looks like foundation (over moisturiser)
2 very quick application
3 picks up bnb without making dust so is economical
4 gives very good coverage so conceals blemishes (using the flat end)
5 I used the pointed tip for concealing dark spots on the bridge of the nose - worked a treat
6 used the flat side on the upper lids to even out the tone - excellent
7 used the round side for the tsv blush - much better look than when I used a brush
8 used the lightest highlighter on the upper lids - very good
9 used the darker highlighter on the top of the cheeks -very good
10 gave it the final blending bnb + blush - excellent finish

I used it dry for powder, blusher and highlighters, but for liquid foundation I heard people wet it and squeeze almost dry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX8pdaT2HfY

I remember a forum member praised it highly in the past (was it Donna?), it really is an excellent beauty tool.
All you will need with it are the eye make up brushes so it's great on the go as it replacing some of the brushes.

ps I got mine in Superdrug £5.99

I have stumbled upon this video earlier this week and having not been happy with the bnb coverage in the latest tsv I thought that I would try it (the blending sponge).

I'm very impressed so far, as it:
1 gave me the best finish ever and bnb actually looks like foundation (over moisturiser)
2 very quick application
3 picks up bnb without making dust so is economical
4 gives very good coverage so conceals blemishes (using the flat end)
5 I used the pointed tip for concealing dark spots on the bridge of the nose - worked a treat
6 used the flat side on the upper lids to even out the tone - excellent
7 used the round side for the tsv blush - much better look than when I used a brush
8 used the lightest highlighter on the upper lids - very good
9 used the darker highlighter on the top of the cheeks -very good
10 gave it the final blending bnb + blush - excellent finish

I used it dry for powder, blusher and highlighters, but for liquid foundation I heard people wet it and squeeze almost dry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX8pdaT2HfY

I remember a forum member praised it highly in the past (was it Donna?), it really is an excellent beauty tool.
All you will need with it are the eye make up brushes so it's great on the go as it replacing some of the brushes.

ps I got mine in Superdrug £5.99

I LOVE that! I am off to Superdrug this afternoon for one. I always used to use a sponge but thought they were not the in thing any more, or were wasteful or something.

I like the woman in the video too - great demo. She's got lovely skin to begin with but still.

Thanks, Marina. You should stumble more often!

Well I have tried and tried to like my latest bnb but there is no doubt that the colour has changed. I use medium and, looking back over the years, I think the shade has got progressively darker. I have lived with that until now. My new one has a pinky/orange hue which aint blending in with anything. Anything more than the lightest dusting turns a muddy orange. I've used the stuff for years and feel distressed. The only foundation that came very close was urban decay surreal skin but they don't make that any more.

I notice that lately Laura has started describing the medium as suitable for people with cool undertones, i.e. pink tones. I am cool to neutral but look much better with a neutral beige base which my old mediums were.

I might give the fair a whirl before giving up altogether. Has anyone tried the fair recently? Is it very pale and what are the base tones?

Otherwise, I'd be grateful for any recommendations. I look dreadful in liquid foundations and am after a light to medium coverage with the natural satin/matte finish of bnb.

I hope you are not disappointed AndiK as we all have different expectations. Let us know how it goes for you.

here it is and I think its also available in Boots
http://www.superdrug.com/Real-Techn...racle-Complexion-Sponge/p/742258#.VqOGMiqLTIU

Ah, don't worry. I was recommended Real Techniques on here and liked it so can't see me being disappointed. I tried the Balance & Brighten for the first time this week using a powder brush and it was ok but I was pleased I did it over the bathroom sink because a lot of powder fell - glad that didn't go all over my clothes or bedroom carpet. I think the sponge will be better in that respect. I'll let you know how I get on.

I would say that Fair doesn't have pink undertones but I don't have the latest one, this one I think would be over a year old from one of the TSVs

fair.jpg

Well I have tried and tried to like my latest bnb but there is no doubt that the colour has changed. I use medium and, looking back over the years, I think the shade has got progressively darker. I have lived with that until now. My new one has a pinky/orange hue which aint blending in with anything. Anything more than the lightest dusting turns a muddy orange. I've used the stuff for years and feel distressed. The only foundation that came very close was urban decay surreal skin but they don't make that any more.

I notice that lately Laura has started describing the medium as suitable for people with cool undertones, i.e. pink tones. I am cool to neutral but look much better with a neutral beige base which my old mediums were.

I might give the fair a whirl before giving up altogether. Has anyone tried the fair recently? Is it very pale and what are the base tones?

Otherwise, I'd be grateful for any recommendations. I look dreadful in liquid foundations and am after a light to medium coverage with the natural satin/matte finish of bnb.

I use B&B Fair. I'm Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals original... so I would say I'm a pinky medium skinton. I prefer the B&B Fair - and when I apply it it just looks like my skin, not obviously wearing any foundation. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the pic Marina. May, I was told that I could wear medium in bm but would look better in medium beige although I suspect that both are are a tad dark for me. The girls on makeup counters seem to love dark colours liberally trowelled on. I think you are a couple of shades fairer than I am but I will try the fair and hope it's more forgiving. Question is, do I chance qvc or do I trek 70 miles to debenhams to choose the compact with the most promising swirls! I know Laura has lost a lot of control of her baby but she really should stamp her foot where bnb is concerned. Reordering something basic like foundation should not be an ordeal.

I'm new to BnB and only received my first purchase, the duo, this week - got the Fair as I would get the Light in Bare Minerals, which I assumed is similar? No idea if I'm warm or cool toned as I can't work it out! Anyway, this is a pic of my Light BnB. It's quite a nice, soft golden colour which works well for me and is definitely not too dark.

4.jpg

I hope you are not disappointed AndiK as we all have different expectations. Let us know how it goes for you.

here it is and I think it's also available in Boots
http://www.superdrug.com/Real-Techn...racle-Complexion-Sponge/p/742258#.VqOGMiqLTIU

The Superdrug near me (quite big) were completely out of the sponges, Marina. They have a 'get second item half price' offer on beauty tools and although there were loads of brushes, including Real Techniques, the four hangers with a label on the end for the sponges were empty! Must have been a rush on them, ha ha. Boots and TK Maxx, which both have quite a decent selection of RT brushes and sets, didn't have any either. Apparently, Superdrug have a general delivery tomorrow so will check back then and if not, I'll go online.

What a shame, I didn't know they were so popular as didn't give them a second though until this week.

I'm new to BnB and only received my first purchase, the duo, this week - got the Fair as I would get the Light in Bare Minerals, which I assumed is similar? No idea if I'm warm or cool toned as I can't work it out! Anyway, this is a pic of my Light BnB. It's quite a nice, soft golden colour which works well for me and is definitely not too dark.

View attachment 11074

This one looks very much like my bnb spf15 Fair that featured only once a few years ago.

The regular and spf15 in Fair.

Nude packaging - regular
Black packaging - spf15

fair.jpg

Superdrug do free delivery on orders over £10 so if you order a couple of sponges ( buy 1 get 1 half price ) which comes to around £9 and just stick a tube of toothpaste or something on your order to make it up to a tenner.

Oh yes, I forgot about it, and I think it's a free delivery to a store no minimum spend.

What a shame, I didn't know they were so popular as didn't give them a second though until this week.

It's no hardship - actually in TK Maxx I bought this sculpted sponge on a handle thing by ecotools. It'll do to keep me going and was inexpensive. The RT one will be much more manageable and versatile so I will still get one.

Thanks AndiK. Very interesting to compare your new one with Marina's older one. I can see more depth and pink in yours, looks like a lighter version of mine. All very annoying. I've started staring at people and admiring their matching faces and necks. That's what I want!

Latest posts

Back