Laura Geller Ethereal Rose

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The one thing I really liked about my LG blusher was that you got whopping 9g, that's practically unheard of in the blusher world! So, I knew it wouldn't last.

£20 for 1.8g of blusher is absolutely ridiculous. It's practically a sample size.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed with the LG stuff I bought recently ( the TSV and the 31 days eye shadow palette). I can see that prices have gone up as quality has gone down. Companies like Kiko and Sleek do lovely make up. And I wouldn't spend approximately £100 on it as I did last weekend!!

To be honest I am a bit disappointed with the LG stuff I bought recently ( the TSV and the 31 days eye shadow palette). I can see that prices have gone up as quality has gone down. Companies like Kiko and Sleek do lovely make up. And I wouldn't spend approximately £100 on it as I did last weekend!!
I'm underwhelmed with the TSV too, I didn't get much pay off the shadows and my eyes itch all day (too powdery as the B&G)
I'm not keen on the lip products so not tried and the only item I like so far is the brow pencil but it is tiny 1.2 g and people on qvc.com started leaving reviews that they've run out after a month. I may be returning it in January (still persevering) and wish I went for the last Tarte TSV as it had a foundation in it but my shade has now sold out.

You usually find once the company is sold, the original owner is just a figure head and the quality goes down hill.

Sadly very true. It seems to be all about driving down costs. In the process they lose sight of why the brand was desirable in the process.

Wow that is expensive for a gram and half of blusher even more so when you factor in the p&p. That's got to be more the say Chanel.

I'm underwhelmed with the TSV too, I didn't get much pay off the shadows and my eyes itch all day (too powdery as the B&G)
I'm not keen on the lip products so not tried and the only item I like so far is the brow pencil but it is tiny 1.2 g and people on qvc.com started leaving reviews that they've run out after a month. I may be returning it in January (still persevering) and wish I went for the last Tarte TSV as it had a foundation in it but my shade has now sold out.

That's funny Marina, it sounds like we like the opposite in this kit! The eyebrow pencil is the only thing I haven't got on with. I love the foundation as it seems more creamy, like the original BnB. I didn't get much coverage on its own but used over my usual liquid foundation, I found it gave a really nice finish. I don't mind the two darker shades in the eyeshadow trio but it'll be one of those I use a few times then forget about. I'm going to use the set for the next two months then will decide if I love the foundation enough to keep the whole thing.

When I applied the brow pencil first I didn't think much of it when looking close up in the mirror, but later on, when looking in a larger mirror from far, my brows looked natural and enhanced my features in a different and good way, best I've seen possible with a brow product so far, more like an illusion of a natural brow. I like the B&G too but it is whiter than I need for my skin and I look washed out a bit,not a perfect match, I probably should have gone for Fair this time as I have since read that Fair B&G is a lighter shade that Fair B&B which was too dark for me. I found that B&G gave me enough coverage despite its light texture and I had some blemishes last week, it didn't give the complete coverage but rather reflected the light away from the blemishes so they were not so obvious.

I like the B&G and could use it on its own, as long as I avoid my T-zone (makes the nose look shiny and highlights fine line son my forehead) and could also mix it with BnB. However, I also like the brow pencil but hate sharpening anything as I feel it wastes too much product - much better to twist up. Haven't tried the lip products yet. I think I will give it a good go, bit will probably return it and the 31 days palette in January. Probably the first things I have returned in years, and would never have thought it would be Laura Geller make-up. So glad I have a stash of items pre take over.

Latest posts

Back