Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd say it is - I wore it yesterday and it's very subtle but absolutely gorgeous! It gave a very fresh look to my cheeks and made me look not quite as dead as I felt (may or may not have had a hangover...) :0

I spotted a LG stand in my local Debenhams this week. They had a kit for £45 with BnB,Blush,Eyeshadow palette and Spackle. Also individual items and testers. Actually got the chance to feel BnB in real life. To me it was a powder compact and don't shoot me, felt exactly the same as the old Max Factor Creme Puff. A def not for me.

I’m going to look at this Donna, much cheaper than LG. I bought in once ages ago, probably over ten years now. I remember it was a soft consistency and I liked it, but the shade was way off.

I spotted a LG stand in my local Debenhams this week. They had a kit for £45 with BnB,Blush,Eyeshadow palette and Spackle. Also individual items and testers. Actually got the chance to feel BnB in real life. To me it was a powder compact and don't shoot me, felt exactly the same as the old Max Factor Creme Puff. A def not for me.

Yes, I was thinking I'd have to get along to Debenhams and have a look. I love Balance n Brighten. It's quick and easily portable, two very important properties in a product for someone who's always running late! Also builds to surprisingly good coverage. Better than, say, Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea foundation (to me, anyway). I like my Tarte foundations, but very rarely have time to faff with them, so BnB is a bit of a lifesaver! As far as I'm concerned, though, it is definitely a powder, irrespective of the number of artisans involved in it's production. Not really old enough for fine lines / wrinkles yet, but could imagine it sitting in them a treat when I do reach that stage! It's still the only Laura Geller product I've ever used, so would like to try some more (because I could really do with some more make-up).

Yes, I was thinking I'd have to get along to Debenhams and have a look. I love Balance n Brighten. It's quick and easily portable, two very important properties in a product for someone who's always running late! Also builds to surprisingly good coverage. Better than, say, Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea foundation (to me, anyway). I like my Tarte foundations, but very rarely have time to faff with them, so BnB is a bit of a lifesaver! As far as I'm concerned, though, it is definitely a powder, irrespective of the number of artisans involved in it's production. Not really old enough for fine lines / wrinkles yet, but could imagine it sitting in them a treat when I do reach that stage! It's still the only Laura Geller product I've ever used, so would like to try some more (because I could really do with some more make-up).

I read the QVC US forum, the number of women who suddenly realized that Bare Minerals at a certain age goes into every line and wrinkle and makes them look older. Seems this is what happens when they go out in day light and catch sight of themselves.

I read the QVC US forum, the number of women who suddenly realized that Bare Minerals at a certain age goes into every line and wrinkle and makes them look older. Seems this is what happens when they go out in day light and catch sight of themselves.

So true re BM, I have to be careful with how much I put on as it highlights every damn pore if I'm a tad heavyhanded, grrrr. As for LG B&B, I love the product especially as it's so easy to apply, but can't get to grips with the shade choices. Fair is too pink for my skin and Medium is just that little bit too dark, depending on the nature of the swirls of pigment you get. Given the popularity of the range on Q, I wish they'd bring over more of the shades.

On the Laura Geller website, there are new foundation shades, which haven't yet made it to QVC.

Personally I'm very happy with Fair, but then my skin is a cooler tone.

Below is the list of shades on the LG site, with the new shades in bold.

Porcelain
Fair
Light
Medium
Golden Medium
Sand

Tan
Deep
Toffee

Check out the pictures of the palette here: http://www.laurageller.com/baked-balance-n-brighten-color-correcting-foundation.html

NB: listed shades for the version with SPF15 are still just the original shades... and no sign of the Balance & Glow version.

Oh how exciting! Shame there's still no shade between Porcelain and Fair. I wonder if Debenhams has all the shades.
I never found it as colour intuitive as they said it was.
I liked Toffee, very pretty colour.

On the Laura Geller website, there are new foundation shades, which haven't yet made it to QVC.

Personally I'm very happy with Fair, but then my skin is a cooler tone.

Below is the list of shades on the LG site, with the new shades in bold.

Porcelain
Fair
Light
Medium
Golden Medium
Sand

Tan
Deep
Toffee

Check out the pictures of the palette here: http://www.laurageller.com/baked-balance-n-brighten-color-correcting-foundation.html

NB: listed shades for the version with SPF15 are still just the original shades... and no sign of the Balance & Glow version.

Thanks maymorganlondon, it's the Light I really want to try as that looks perfect for my skin tone - hopefully the UK will get them soon

How very interesting! I wouldn't mind trying Light as I think Fair is a bit too pale for me even in winter so once I have finished my last one I was planning on sticking with Medium. Golden medium looks gorgeous, but I think it is more the colour I would like to be rather than what I actually am!

I have now tried LG in Porcelain, Fair and Medium, and I don’t really agree with Laura, that Fair is a shade darker than Porcelain, and Medium is a shade darker than Fair per se.
The there are all different undertones!
Porcelain – pink
Fair – yellow
Medium – neutral
And I found that even I’m Fair - Medium suits me better, as Fair is just not my undertone. Love Porcelain in the winter.
Never thought I could wear medium, but I got some tan this summer and it suited me better than Fair.

Agreed! Porcelain in very pink, too pink for me even though i'm quite fair. Fair is a weenie bit dark for me but as i'm slightly tanned since I've been living here I can just about get away with it's yellow tones.

I don't agree that Fair is yellow. It could be that the pans I have are not dominated by yellow. My skintone is cool, not warm, so more pinky-beige... and Fair is perfect for me.

Mine is deffo yellow based, B&B consistency has never been its strongest point.

I don't agree that Fair is yellow. It could be that the pans I have are not dominated by yellow. My skintone is cool, not warm, so more pinky-beige... and Fair is perfect for me.

I agree, I've got neutral to warm tones in my skin and Fair is always way too pink for me - makes me looked like I'm boozed up and trying to cover it up!!! I wish I could get the more yellow-toned pans but as Marina say, consistency ain't never great :(

Ideally I would like Porcelain with warmer undertones but I need my pink as well.

My fair has more peachy undertones I would say. I have cool/neutral undertones and the fair works fine in winter. In summer I swirl a bit of balance and glow in medium over the top. The one I have is not as orange as the new medium balance and brightens. I would like to see a light-medium shade with neutral undertones to slot in between fair and medium. There are about 9 shades on the Geller website now but don't suppose we'll ever see them on q.

I though that Laura would jump at the opportunity (if allowed by QVC of course) to introduce new shades to QVC customers and boost her sales.
When Porcelain came out it was introduced in the UK pretty quickly if I remember correctly, and the darker shades. And they couldn't keep Porcelain in stock, all sold out in a couple of hours.
I think that Deep was introduced the last?

I thought that I'd take a photo as the colours are inconsistent.
The larger one is Fair and the smaller one is Medium.

IMG_4086.jpgIMG_4087.jpg

Latest posts

Back