Laura Geller vs bare minerals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kiwi

Registered Shopper
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking to buy the Laura Geller tsv but don't have a clue what shade I'll need! I've always used bare minerals ready foundation in shade 230 and this is practically perfect for my skin tone. Would i need fair or medium in the B&B does anyone know? I actually tried one on my hand at the beauty bash but stupidly didn't write down the shade and now I've forgot!
Ps. What are the chances of me liking LG as a BM addict?
Thanks!

I use both equally, they are my two favourite foundations.
I don't know what shade 230 in the ready is, I suspect not one of the lightest ones, but I use Fair in the loose BM & even the lightest ready, which Q don't sell, is a bit dark & yellow for me, though I do have it.
I use Porcelain in LG but can get away with Fair especially in summer or if there isn't too much of the beige in the swirl so that may be a bit too pale for you?
I actually prefer LG to the Ready for finish which I think looks more natural & just to use in general as I find the ready can be messier somehow, more dusty in the compact.

I think you need to go to this website and input yr BE shade and then you should be able to find the LG shade
http://findation.com/

Thank you. I've just tried this but all my ready foundation says is R230 and when I buy I ask for 230. The website is asking for a named shade, fairly light etc and I have no idea which it would be!

I use both equally, they are my two favourite foundations.
I don't know what shade 230 in the ready is, I suspect not one of the lightest ones, but I use Fair in the loose BM & even the lightest ready, which Q don't sell, is a bit dark & yellow for me, though I do have it.
I use Porcelain in LG but can get away with Fair especially in summer or if there isn't too much of the beige in the swirl so that may be a bit too pale for you?
I actually prefer LG to the Ready for finish which I think looks more natural & just to use in general as I find the ready can be messier somehow, more dusty in the compact.

Thanks for this. I was stuck between fair and medium and I feel like from what you described my skin is darker and more yellow toned than yours so I think I'll go for medium!

Hi Kiwi, is there a reason why you are changing from BM to LG? I used to use LG in light yet I am R250 in BM ready or Medium Beige in the loose formula, however I changed from LG to BM because LG is loaded with TALC.... that being said BM have Bismuth Oxy in their foundation too which can trigger itchiness etc. I am now using REN BB Satin as I wanted a silicon, talc and Bismuth Oxy free product. I also wanted one that I do not have to change in the summer as this one is self adjusting to skin tone.

No reason really, I don't intend to fully swap unless I fall in love with it. I'm happy with my bare minerals but I'd like to try LG after seeing it at the beauty bash and trying out a few of the products. I do have quite sensitive skin in that it breaks out with change so I'm probably punishing myself by doing it really. Bare minerals is the only foundation I've found that 1. Matches my skin tone correctly and 2. Doesn't break me out or clog up my skin. Was it 'fair' that you used in LG? I think r250 is a shade darker than me so maybe I will need fair, it's so difficult to decide!

I say... stay with what you know your skin suits, especially if it is sensitive. It is hard to get a foundation to match correctly. In BM although I am R250 or Medium Beige, when I tried their Bare Skin which I should be Bare Natural, I found it too dark.

Thank you. I've just tried this but all my ready foundation says is R230 and when I buy I ask for 230. The website is asking for a named shade, fairly light etc and I have no idea which it would be!

According to this, BareMinerals R230 is Light.

http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/on/de...centuals-Site/en_US/mProduct-Show?pid=US65973

Sorry I can't tell you which Laura Geller would be closest but I'd probably say go for Fair. I have the Balance n Brighten in both Fair and Medium and can wear both. I am quite fair-skinned but the Medium doesn't make me look like I've put an unnatural colour on - it just warms me up and is good for summer, I think. Photo of them side by side below - not much in it, as you see, but they do vary depending on how much of each swirl they end up with in manufacture.

1 (1).jpg

According to this, BareMinerals R230 is Light.

http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/on/de...centuals-Site/en_US/mProduct-Show?pid=US65973

Sorry I can't tell you which Laura Geller would be closest but I'd probably say go for Fair. I have the Balance n Brighten in both Fair and Medium and can wear both. I am quite fair-skinned but the Medium doesn't make me look like I've put an unnatural colour on - it just warms me up and is good for summer, I think. Photo of them side by side below - not much in it, as you see, but they do vary depending on how much of each swirl they end up with in manufacture.

View attachment 11207

Thanks that's really helpful. I'm going to get fair. I'd rather it be slightly light than too dark and I can just build colour a little with bronzer if needed.

Thanks that's really helpful. I'm going to get fair. I'd rather it be slightly light than too dark and I can just build colour a little with bronzer if needed.

I think that's the right choice. I do wear Fair more than Medium and it's really not all that pale as Marina says.

Fair is definitely darker than it used to be before they introduced Porcelain. The Fair ones that I have left are from the old stock.
Checked & the Ready I have is 110, the lightest they do but still dark on me. In a compact I actually prefer the Touch Up Veil as it comes in a lighter shade but the girl in Boots told me last week that that shade is being discontinued. Shall be fed up if this is true
I have very sensitive skin & have no problem at all with LG.

Hi Kiwi, is there a reason why you are changing from BM to LG? I used to use LG in light yet I am R250 in BM ready or Medium Beige in the loose formula, however I changed from LG to BM because LG is loaded with TALC.... that being said BM have Bismuth Oxy in their foundation too which can trigger itchiness etc. I am now using REN BB Satin as I wanted a silicon, talc and Bismuth Oxy free product. I also wanted one that I do not have to change in the summer as this one is self adjusting to skin tone.

I've looked at the reviews for REN BB Satin, and almost all are 5-star. Next time I'm in M&S I'm going to test it. Last time I was in M&S I tried Stila BB and I loved it, but there are three options as opposed to just one in REN BB Satin.

I've looked at the reviews for REN BB Satin, and almost all are 5-star. Next time I'm in M&S I'm going to test it. Last time I was in M&S I tried Stila BB and I loved it, but there are three options as opposed to just one in REN BB Satin.

i got some of the REN BB Satin to try also hen i was in M&S
i brought a little pot with me and asked for permission to take some home from the tester
i find colour matching on a hand/arm is not very accurate
and no natural light in the shop doesn't help
and it is hard to tell the proper texture without wearing it on your face
and also what it looks like after a few hours of wear ...

i have a draw full of bb creams and foundations which are not quite right
so i am not buying another one until i have tried and tested it a couple of times on my face
hence i come armed with little tester pots when out shopping
and explain the above ..and not have had anyone be less than happy for me to try some that way

currentlly quite impressed with the new L'Oreal Sculpt base
but as a natural nearly invisable foundation colour adjusting foundation
(i don't go in for all that contouring lark)
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/make-up/face/sculpting/infallible-sculpt-base
cheap as chips too

the other one i keep hearing really good things about is the Bourjois Healthy mix serum foundation
also one that looks really natural

and for that draw full of bb, cc or foundation creams that are just not quite right
a drop of facial oil or serum mixed in seems to improve them until i find 'the one'

Great idea about the tester pot. How are you getting on with the new deciem one lilith?

Great idea about the tester pot. How are you getting on with the new deciem one lilith?

it definitely does blur alright
i have tried it a few times but not sure yet
as i am still looking for a good light natural looking foundation or bb cream
and then i can see the combination of both together
i have not used a primer before, and i am not used to the silicone thing either
so i am still on the fence if it is something i will regularly use

btw, on the topic of foundation
the new thing seems to be liquid cushion foundation
another trend, like so many beauty trends these days,
started in Korea
and now coming over here
with many mid range and high street brands launching foundation/bb or cc creams
some with SPF

I got one of the Korean cushion ones off ebay, spf 50. Not bad, but it doesn’t last long as this is essentially a small sponge saturated in liquid foundation, I think 7 ml which is not much if you think a foundation is normally a 30 ml bottle. I have to say I prefer LG B&B and Doll 10 Hydragel.

Latest posts

Back