Lewis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yes that is good news FP! Roll on - is it Foyle's War or Foyle's Peace?! Like you Min I liked Trev better in Shoestring, sorry Dis!

Trev as Shoestring was good too but I have a penchant for grey haired men....

They're over there, the other side of the pond though not that I've got any chance with any of the aforementioned this side of the pond lol

They're over there, the other side of the pond though not that I've got any chance with any of the aforementioned this side of the pond lol

We can dream min, we can dream - but no matter how close we swam over there none of us would stand a chance with Clooney anyway. Don't his interests lie in another direction?

We can dream min, we can dream - but no matter how close we swam over there none of us would stand a chance with Clooney anyway. Don't his interests lie in another direction?

Ooh - do you think so? I did wonder myself. He currenntly has Stacey Kiebler on his arm. My two boys think she is a babe - they used to watch her wrestling.

I thought he retired in the last series. It was the end of the war and his female driver was looking for civilian employment?

Apparently it IS the last series and there are only three episodes...you're a bit late to get into it now Barbs! We've loved it over the years and there was a public outcry in 2007 (?) when they were going to axe it, so we did get a few extra years of it at least.

to veer off at a tangent, did anyone watch last weeks WPC56, on every afternoon at 2.15? This was set in the 50s and I recorded it and we watched it in the evening - we enjoyed it - but why stick it out of the way there, I'm sure it would be popular - shades of Heartbeat tho judging by the accents they were based in or near to Brum. Hope they bring that back too, preferably about 7 or 7.30pm!

It was in the same slot as the excellent 'Father Brown' , which had 10 episodes. I missed the Monday episode of WPC 56 but caught up with it on iPlayer and like you BM recorded and watched the others. I think both series were probably considered too old fashioned for prime slots but I really enjoyed both. The ending on WPC56 leads it open for another series though.

It was in the same slot as the excellent 'Father Brown' , which had 10 episodes. I missed the Monday episode of WPC 56 but caught up with it on iPlayer and like you BM recorded and watched the others. I think both series were probably considered too old fashioned for prime slots but I really enjoyed both. The ending on WPC56 leads it open for another series though.

I'm glad someone else saw & enjoyed it FP! Yes we thought the ending made way for a possible second series if the feedback was good. Maybe should write to the Radio Times to say we enjoyed it..!

Latest posts

Back