Liz Earle is now owned by Boots!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes LE are now owned by the American owner of Boots, Walgreen something I think. LE have responded on FB that their principles and integrity will remain the same and that they will continue to source their ingredients from around the world. No word on the usual 'we continue to be a stand alone company' as there was when people used to ask about the Avon takeover.

No Avon bought Liz Earle and then the crash hit and their business has not been doing well for quite some time. I put links up here a few times over a few years about this, Coty wanted to buy Avon and they said no. I think they thought they were worth more. The sale of LE sounds like them getting money. Now its not actually Boots UK if you read the article, but Walgreens/Boots who now own, there are no Boots stores in the US their products are in Walgreens. For Walgreens think Woolworths chain stores. Not sure but what they paid is a lot less than Avon paid for LE.

i have nothing against avon. but walgraves aka woolworths sounds worse. i suppose it will be still made in uk etc

But Walgreen's is practically the same in the US as Boots is in the UK, a drugstore chain. I don' t understand the point made with Woolworth. I think Woolworth is a different story.

But Walgreen's is practically the same in the US as Boots is in the UK, a drugstore chain. I don' t understand the point made with Woolworth. I think Woolworth is a different story.

ok its all a muddle funny how the us likes british companies

Going off on a 'tangent', seeing LE on Q promos, I think she looked much younger with shorter hair ! The long swishy style ages her.

Well I've expressed my own opinion already on the Liz Earl TSV discussion, but one thing occurs to my simple mind. As in the past, why can't Liz Earle be owned by Liz Earle?

Well I've expressed my own opinion already on the Liz Earl TSV discussion, but one thing occurs to my simple mind. As in the past, why can't Liz Earle be owned by Liz Earle?

The skills and energy that are needed for a start-up business to a multi-million pound concern and then taking it into global expansion are completely different and you can't blame Liz Earle for wanting an easier life and cashing in her chips but still retaining some interest in the business.

I always thought that the Liz Earle/Avon fit didn't really work. Avon added their makeup expertise to the beauty side and that has failed. Liz Earle seem to be withdrawing most of the makeup from their range as, in my opinion, it was nothing special.

As to products, we've got every flavour/smell of Cleanse and Polish coming out but in the past few years there haven't really been any new exciting products on the beauty side only re-jigged formulations.

Let's hope the Boots/Walgreens alliance is more successful!

You can't blame her, it would've taken a lot of effort and energy to bring a new brand to the skincare market and no-one can deny it was a massive success. The takeover money would've set her up for life and allowed her to pursue other interests. I'd certainly do the same. I don't understand why she attracts so much venom for making millions and then selling the business on, men seem to be able to do it without a mention, but women who do it get viewed differently. I don't understand this. Well done her, I say.

I love her toner and I use it all,the time ...but money is the motivator of course ....good luck to her ..but people behind sweet smiles in business are ruthless ...that's how they get there in the first place I would imagine anyway ...I items are great and against cruelty so I say good luck to her again

The reason I used Woolworth as an example is because it was a chain very well known and inexpensive. We don't have Walgreens, they prescriptions etc and sell drug store cosmetics etc. Perhaps I should have said Superdrug?

Latest posts

Back