Lock & Lock TSV 12/4/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've already ordered it this morning as I'm in desperate need of containers. Just rang customer services and explained that I felt it was unfair that their loyal customers aren't being offered the same. She said that existing customers get exclusive easy pay and money off offers through the post but I've never had any of those so that doesn't apply to me! She was very nice anyway and she's refunding me the postage on this occasion.
This sound like Q don't feel the loyal customers are worth anything to them. Let's hope a few shop with their feet and tell Q to stuff it.

IW done something similar a few months back, giving customers their p&p back, but it was for ALL customers old and new. Any promotions they have running go on their website for everyone to take advantage of, there's no favouritism with IW.

If the promo is only for new members they can keep their lock&lock......

If the promo is only for new members they can keep their lock&lock......

I wouldn't mind so much if they had a (reasonable!) total per order p&p charge but when they have been fleecing us for years with their inflated p&p on every item it kinda grates a bit.....or a lot actually!

:mysmilie_10:

Its kicking off over the free postage on their facebook page. I do not blame regular customers anger.

Its like the Sky deal at the moment for new customers only of course. Free 32" LG tv, free broadband for so many months for taking just the basic package.

QVC customers will rage and be angry............then calm down and continue to order and QVC know it, they'll just sit back and ride out the storm knowing their sales won't suffer, so to be honest the people who are ranting and raving should really save their breath unless they're willing to do something about it and stick to it.

Having said that, QVCs sales are suffering now for them to offer this promotion for the first time in twenty three years, so if the people who are angry about this mistreatment shop elsewhere, then they'll realise that it's cheaper to shop elsewhere for 99% of what QVC sell, so QVC will have actually have done their loyal customers a favour after all.

QVC customers will rage and be angry............then calm down and continue to order and QVC know it, they'll just sit back and ride out the storm knowing their sales won't suffer, so to be honest the people who are ranting and raving should really save their breath unless they're willing to do something about it and stick to it.

Totally agree and when you see some people who perhaps had beans on toast for their Christmas lunch because their meat hampers didn`t arrive but still chomping at the bit to buy from QVC , it makes you realise just how many of these complaints are simply just noise.

Its kicking off over the free postage on their facebook page. I do not blame regular customers anger.

Its like the Sky deal at the moment for new customers only of course. Free 32" LG tv, free broadband for so many months for taking just the basic package.

That's quite different though isn't it. Sky is a different type of business and even existing customers can call up and get discounts if they really want it. But the way I see it is I got a discount or promotion when I joined sky 15 years ago, and it's my choice to continue with it, I don't see the need of calling up to complain that new customers get this and that when I don't... With QVC they're effectively a shop like John Lewis or marks and spencer... To my knowledge they don't offer discounts to people who have never shopped with them before...

I don't see what Q has done the same as Sky, Virgin, BT etc.....offering incentives to get new customers, totally different business.

Q are advertising this offer on Facebook and on certain newspaper website, could be others, that is the two I have seen so far.

If a company chooses to send out offers to existing customers then they do, we don't all know what offers they send, for example, myself and my mum often get different offers from L'Occitane and a friend gets a different one again, however if you go on their website and they have an offer on then it is available to all, it doesn't say "only if.........." so for Q to have it stated on their website that new customers will have postage refunded is an ill thought out idea!!!!

A quick Google of '10% off first order' will show pages of UK online retailers offering discounts on first orders.... It's like drug dealers: they lure you in with a cheap bit of weed and hope you stay for the hard stuff!

I just posted a question on the item details page that I understood the P&P charges would be refunded to new customers and would the offer be made to existing loyal customers, and if not why not? :giggle:

I'm sure it will be answered soon :mysmilie_15:

Same with my TalkTalk. I just missed out on free fibre for a year, instead I have to pay almost £20 per month, and I am locked into an 18 month contract. Phoned them, talked to the loyalty dept, but they wouldn't budge, not even a discount. PS and I was a new customer for fibre too.

With Sky, every twelve months I ring up and threaten to cancel and surprise! surprise, they always come up with an even better deal than the one before to get me to stay, I'm locked in for twelves months with this better deal, but who cares? I wasn't really going to cancel anyway. :mysmilie_17:

I would probably have been tempted if the free p&p had been open to all customers.
I don't actually need the Lock & Lock - I've got plenty already, so QVC have done me a favour. I won't buy it so won't have to deal with yet more plastic container clutter :mysmilie_59:

With Sky, every twelve months I ring up and threaten to cancel and surprise! surprise, they always come up with an even better deal than the one before to get me to stay, I'm locked in for twelves months with this better deal, but who cares? I wasn't really going to cancel anyway. :mysmilie_17:

I can't be bothered with that, I know what I pay for and its my choice to have it, so I budget around it...

I can't be bothered with that, I know what I pay for and its my choice to have it, so I budget around it...

Of course it's your choice, it was obviously mine too, but they knocked over £50 off for me (I have the whole package, broadband and phone with them) I did originally plan to cancel the first time I rang a few years back, but they said because I've been a Sky customer since they began they didn't want to lose me) anyway it brought my bill down from £120 a month to £67, the adviser told me to ring up each year and ask and I'll get roughly the same deal, so for a saving of £600 a year, I can be bothered with one phone call.

Latest posts

Back