Lola Rose TSV 6/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really liked the jewellery box & the matching scarf, but I was too late for the box as it's on wait list now.

even the scarves are getting lesser in quality. firstly merino wool .....high end. viscose ok ....now polyester not so. like nicky love lola rose but its losing its way!

I agree about the 'quality'.

Lola Rose used to have a unique look and ethos - quality, hand finished semi precious beaded jewellery.

Ok, fashion changes but... gold coloured earrings with dangly tassels? Polyester scarves? All the base metal 'enhancements' and fillers on the bead jewellery and the tacky dangly name tag is just so far removed from the brand I loved that I couldn't see much this time that I recognised as being Lola Rose.

my old lola rose pieces will last forever as they dont have cheap metal beads running through them. when the beads discolour it will ruin an otherwise beautiful piece

Two QVC brands have peaked for me in terms of design: Lola Rose and Kipling. I still wear items from both, bought donkey's years ago, and the LR stones are stunning and the Kipling prints are fabulous. Around the time Lorraine left as the Kipling guest it was announced that the design team had taken a new direction and it all went downhill from then on. Equally for Lola Rose's early pieces the focus was the stunning stones in big enough chunks to allow the wearer to really appreciate their natural beauty. Now the "design element" seems to be trying too hard, plus Nicky is desperate to diversify in case the big colourful stone bubble bursts, with dodgy hand-creams and soaps not even selling at TKMaxx prices.

when you look at lola rose's origional styles it seems that nicky has lost her way. i think it went downhill when she stopped using silver. its not tooo expensive to use for this luxury designer brand. luckily the old stuff will last forever

I heard Nikki says during the launch of the TSV that the 'Amazonite' doesn't appear in their collections because it's too expensive, and was only done because of the TSV. So your posts about quality etc. seem to ring true to this.

My bracelet has arrived today. I love it, it's very pretty.

I am however really annoyed with the p&p charge again - this item was posted through Royal Mail. It came in a jiffy bag, which I have checked fits through the large letter scales, therefore it cost QVC 61p (of franked, a couple of pence more if not) to post this item out. We were charged £2.95 postage. I think £2.34 (or there or there abouts) is a lot of money for 'packaging'. I know there is labour involved in getting this item out, but a jiffy bag is not that much money.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Anna and hope you get a well matched bracelet. I do think when it is a plain coloured stone that they should match them a consistant colour because you are always going to to notice it if one or two are different to the rest. Lola Rose is not a cheap brand so I expect it to be right. I'm afraid that they seem to cover themselves for returns by saying that you should expect variations as the stones are natural, but I'm afraid that doesn't cut it for me and if not happy I would still ask for a free return label.
Still can't decide what colour to go for, so I am off to look through my jewellery to help me decide!

My bracelet too has arrived today - love it. I am happy to report Pandora that the stones are all a good match. I really like the slider - and I only wish now that I had bought the amazonite one as well.

my old lola rose pieces will last forever as they dont have cheap metal beads running through them. when the beads discolour it will ruin an otherwise beautiful piece

The first piece I ordered, containing base metal, made it's way back PDQ!

I'm still waiting for my bracelets and am not impressed. When I order from other companies who charge p and p I have received the items the day after ordering. QVC need to up their game - I realise we are subsidising the 30 day mbg but I rarely return items. I expect orders to be delivered promptly when I pay these excessive p and p charges.

My bracelet has arrived today. I love it, it's very pretty.

I am however really annoyed with the p&p charge again - this item was posted through Royal Mail. It came in a jiffy bag, which I have checked fits through the large letter scales, therefore it cost QVC 61p (of franked, a couple of pence more if not) to post this item out. We were charged £2.95 postage. I think £2.34 (or there or there abouts) is a lot of money for 'packaging'. I know there is labour involved in getting this item out, but a jiffy bag is not that much money.

QVC send via TNT post not RM so no idea what TNT prices are.

Mine arrived today. I got the white sea shell and I'm very pleased with it.

Looking forward to wearing it.

I got the white too, love it, love the new slider, moves so easily to open bracelet but not too easily so still feels secure. Mum got the pink, it is gorgeous too!

I have just got mine through the post! I am delighted with it. I went for the pink Persian agate and its gorgeous. I actually like the metal that Nikki is using in her new designs. I have a few pieces now which have the metal elements and l think they add an interesting dimension but l wouldn't like all her designs to go down this route.

Mine arrived today and I agree, the new slider is great! I ordered the amazonite, which I love, and the grey which is also a good colour and match with the metal beads but just not for me. I like these smaller, daintier beads as they suit me better. Horses for courses!
Just waiting for the infinity scarves now which looked good on screen and I am happy with polyester for the summer. I do love Lola woollen scarves but have had to ditch one as they pull very easily.

[QUOTE=Sazza;782708]QVC send via TNT post not RM so no idea what TNT prices are.

I got the white too, love it, love the new slider, moves so easily to open bracelet but not too easily so still feels secure. Mum got the pink, it is gorgeous too![/QUOTE]

Er, not all the time they don't. I have received lots of packages recently that arrived with the postman, courtesy of RM.

Er, not all the time they don't. I have received lots of packages recently that arrived with the postman, courtesy of RM.

Yes QVC send it via TNT but then TNT put it in the hands of Royal Mail for delivery, as TNT only deliver post in a few places, so for majority it still arrives with RM!

Your invoice (the old style one) will state TNT if it has been sent with them and often it is on the envelope too!

Nothing today either.:down:

That is not good Loveheart - I hope it turns up tomorrow - I hate the disappointment when you expect something to arrive and it doesn't, and you know it will be another day before it possibly does come.

Latest posts

Back