Looks like an omaze lottery house ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've noticed with these whopping great houses, that there is more space than furniture ! (Royal Homes aside). Those with no carpets must sound really echoie because there is nothing to muffle the sound. I'm not a lover of clutter as much as the next person, but I do like a place to be 'lived in', with at least some life that its inhabited instead of the artfully placed sofa, mega pouffe doubling as a coffee table with a tray on it, and a couple of lamps, making it all look ghostly.

Sometimes magazines have a peek inside the homes of Hollywood stars, and its all glass windows and 3 sticks of furniture. Perhaps they can't afford furniture. Not for me.

Weybridge, Esher, Surbiton, Virginia Water - all terribly naice places to live with terribly naice hise prices especially those backing onto the terribly naice golf courses.
Well if you've got the money and it's where you want to live then why not. It wouldn't be me, far too much upkeep (even if I did have the money).

CC

Don’t you think it’s very impersonal though, like a show home. There is probably one room lived in and the rest for show.

Id rather see a home which has developed over a lifetime rather than bought by the yard by some low grade interior designer.
I agree, cold noisy floors,no cosy here.If I had there cash I'd buy a coastal home,small,minimalist just with great views!

I agree, cold noisy floors,no cosy here.If I had there cash I'd buy a coastal home,small,minimalist just with great views!
It's probably not their home, maybe they just get paid to promote it and the lifestyle (that probably isn't theirs). I agree about the coastal home. Buy me a shack on Luskentyre beach and I'm all set for ever more.

CC

1656097615802.png

Isle of Harris in case you don't know where it is :D

It's probably not their home, maybe they just get paid to promote it and the lifestyle (that probably isn't theirs). I agree about the coastal home. Buy me a shack on Luskentyre beach and I'm all set for ever more.

CC
My kinda gal❤ even a cosy little caravan,no mod cons,watching the sunrise & sunset,walking on the beach. Been to Skye & Mull but Harris looks stunning👌🌅

My kinda gal❤ even a cosy little caravan,no mod cons,watching the sunrise & sunset,walking on the beach. Been to Skye & Mull but Harris looks stunning👌🌅
Harris is outstanding and is attached to Lewis by a causeway road. You must go sometime. Luskentyre is a must as is Huishnish. If you could afford to hire a campervan and just "go" it would be total freedom. We hired a cottage but I just loved it. I'll go back one day. I had forgotten I had these photos of my long deceased Border Terrier on that holiday. I'm just going for a wee cry. Miss that boy.

Attachments

• IM000692.jpg
    IM000692.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IM000764.jpg
    IM000764.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 57
Harris is outstanding and is attached to Lewis by a causeway road. You must go sometime. Luskentyre is a must as is Huishnish. If you could afford to hire a campervan and just "go" it would be total freedom. We hired a cottage but I just loved it. I'll go back one day. I had forgotten I had these photos of my long deceased Border Terrier on that holiday. I'm just going for a wee cry. Miss that boy.
Awww! Beautiful photos. Losing a beloved pet is a hurt like no other but, that is a happy boy right there. Whst a place, who needs Mauritius Julia...'just sayin'' Roberts!

I feel your pain CC. I saw the photo before I read your post and my immediate thought was "wot is my girl doing on the beach ???" I also lost my first Border a few years ago and was inconsolable, and I loathed living in an empty house, so a year later I bought my second Border. She's now 8 and I cherish every hour I spend with her. She's my heartbeat.

Due to a family move back in the late 60's we moved from the South coast, and I always hankered to go back as I missed the sea. In those days nobody wanted to live on the coast as there was no work and property was dirt cheap. Now everyone wants to live by the sea which means crazy prices are being asked.

Latest posts

Back