Loose crepey necks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The thing with neck creams, you need to start using them in your 30s before the damage is already done. Or at least be bringing your face cream down over the neck area. After the sagging starts, only a neck lift with work. Also, too much sun as in Ali K will damage your neck.

Considering how many different neck firming creams QVC sell l am surprised at how many of the presenters have really saggy crepey necks, ( ie: Ali K and Pierriot ) obviously they do not work. Not being nasty just surprised at the state of their necks.
Mmmmm look at the sun beaten leathered skin of Ali K and Pierriot.

I switch between EG and JW. Not a line on my neck. One of my best points. Can't say I have found any face cream that stops lines. Got a fair few of them. 😫

Seeing all the rave reviews for Revolution Miracle cream at £8 a pop on Look Fantastic I am going to give that a go. I don't expect it to get rid of my lines but the reviews are very fair. As long as it's nice on the skin, it'll do.

Nothing really works. The difference is that the face can be tweaked with fillers and Botox but only a face lift can help the neck. The beauty industry is largely a big con that we merrily support. Cleanser, sunscreen and a simple moisturiser are probably all we need.
Pieirio's (terrible spelling) neck and face look as though don't belong together. Face is plump and young but neck is saggy and old. She must have had a face lift at some point. Can you have just a neck lift? I can’t find info on the Web.

The advent of the mobile phone hasn't helped either. Constantly looking down for hours everyday - instead of looking up and forward, only helps to create creases and wrinkles. I have used Elemis Throat & Décolleté which is good (probably discontinued now), and my regular Caci treatments have helped too.

I am another who hasn't a line on my neck. It was a friend who muttered at me a few years back about not having a ****** line on my neck. Not something I noticed or paid attention to, I will say. Seems I don't have jowls either?

I started using the Body Shop neck cream back in the 80s, then as many on here Gatineau one then moved to M&S own brand and stayed with it. Any time they changed packaging, the older one went on sale, and I stockpiled them up.

I keep saying when I die people will say oh she had a good neck 😂

I am another who hasn't a line on my neck. It was a friend who muttered at me a few years back about not having a ****** line on my neck. Not something I noticed or paid attention to, I will say. Seems I don't have jowls either?

I started using the Body Shop neck cream back in the 80s, then as many on here Gatineau one then moved to M&S own brand and stayed with it. Any time they changed packaging, the older one went on sale, and I stockpiled them up.

Genetics play a part, also sun exposure and age. If your neck hasn't gone south, then another body part has. There's no good deal you can make with Father Time. (This comment is not intended for you, Donna. You're fortunate to have a good neck.)

Of course these creams don't help! If you're skinny you'll get those two stringy looking bones and a lot of creping, if you're a bit chubbier you may have those rings going around. I reckon if you're a bit chubbier, your skin looks less wrinkled and crepey and that includes the neck and decollate areas. Nowt wrong in using a moisturiser to keep the skin feeling nice but products that claim to have anti aging properties are a total waste of money imo. As Grizelda said, it's genetic, sun exposure doesn't help and of course, your age.

I agree, Grizelda.

Genetics have a lot to do with the speed of the ageing process, as well as not sunbathing etc. I don’t bother forking out for pricey skin care because I’ve found it doesn’t make any difference to my skin so I stick to cheap products. I’ve never sunbathed and dart between the shadows in the summer, despite wearing SPF. I actually use SPF all year round.

I guess I’m lucky that the genes in my family seem to be fairly good. The other day someone knocked over 15 years off my age because she thought I was in my early 50s. My son was asked for proof that he was over 18 when he went to buy a bottle of wine as a present. He was 32 at the time. 😳 He was not amused, but I was when my age was guessed incorrectly. 🙂

I was never a sun bather, I fry in the sun. As a child, I was made to wear a t shirt over my swimsuit when on holiday at the beach.

When I was 16 my mum and I went to Canada to visit my big brother. I came home and confused people when I said I had been in Canada for the month of July because I had no sun tan.

Donna is that Formula- have they recently changed the packaging? Our store seems to have very little and it’s all changed. When I went to buy last week I had no idea what was what. I use it because I have very sensitive skin and it was one brand that didn’t irritate but scared to buy incase they have changed the ingredients.

I've aged reasonably well, despite major health issues and a lot of trauma through the years. I have the fairest of fair skin, so have never been a sun worshipper, and have always worn sunscreen year round. I don't have wrinkles on my face, but since menopause, I have a small amount of sagging and a definite hollowing under the eyes, and over the last 18 months or so, I've developed 2 deep lines on my neck. Creams and serums won't do anything, they are not active enough, nor can they go deep enough to have a lasting effect. Skincare is classed under the heading cosmetics; it can only be truly effective if it's a prescription strength of actives, hence the widespread use of tretinoin and other retinoic acid formulations. I now use tretinoin on face and neck, moisturiser to combat the dryness tretinoin can cause, and factor 50 SPF. I can honestly say that no skincare, even the most high end serums etc., have had the effect that tretinoin has, simple reason because they can't.
You can get a necklift if surgery is your choice, also a lower facelift can improve the neck, but I have neither the money or inclination to go that route.

Donna is that Formula- have they recently changed the packaging? Our store seems to have very little and it’s all changed. When I went to buy last week I had no idea what was what. I use it because I have very sensitive skin and it was one brand that didn’t irritate but scared to buy incase they have changed the ingredients.
I used to use that and then they changed the ingredients, and as I was allergic to one of them, that was that. But I thought it was a great neck cream, and I am still annoyed now even though it was years ago.

Actually, I've just looked at the ingredients again, and I think I may be able to use it once more. Will double check tomorrow when I can look at my list of things I have the joy of being allergic to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back