Loose crepey necks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

10 days ago I bought in TKMaxx a hand cream called Hand Chemistry (Canadian) - wasn't cheap, but thought I'd give it a go - old hands are tragic. All sorts of claims - as per usual, but reading the Reviews bar a few, everyone raved about the stuff. The makers recommend giving it 11 days before seeing results, but in all honesty I've seen less wrinkles and crinkles within a couple of days. Some Reviewers have tried it on their neck with good results - well if its good enough for hands ...............

1661465062047.png

I used to use that and then they changed the ingredients, and as I was allergic to one of them, that was that. But I thought it was a great neck cream, and I am still annoyed now even though it was years ago.

Actually, I've just looked at the ingredients again, and I think I may be able to use it once more. Will double check tomorrow when I can look at my list of things I have the joy of being allergic to.
I never noticed the ingredients changed? As I just continued to use it without problem. Some years back they did a different one in a glass jar which was in the Formula range aimed at mature skin, I remember buying it when they discontinued it went on sale and had no problem.

Personal I have never noticed any difference using any specific neck creams, but use my face cream on my neck.

10 days ago I bought in TKMaxx a hand cream called Hand Chemistry (Canadian) - wasn't cheap, but thought I'd give it a go - old hands are tragic. All sorts of claims - as per usual, but reading the Reviews bar a few, everyone raved about the stuff. The makers recommend giving it 11 days before seeing results, but in all honesty I've seen less wrinkles and crinkles within a couple of days. Some Reviewers have tried it on their neck with good results - well if its good enough for hands ...............

View attachment 24346
It used to be available from QVC, I got it as part of a set, it's by the Ordinary which is part of the Deciem group. I really like it too, although I haven't tried it on my neck ...... yet!

If it does any lifting, it's temporary. The woman who sells it is selling a dream. I find her particularly obnoxious.
Oh, so her charity helping dogs by donating proceeding of Prai makes her obnoxious?

Prai is raved about by loads on the Caroline Hirons Facebook group, first product recommended when people ask for neck cream.

Every beauty brand is selling a dream, that is why they make millions.

I liked her serum but found the neck cream too sticky and greasy so didn’t continue but perhaps I should have as maybe it might have been the miracle I’m looking for!

Don’t like the neck cream and serum. Never bought it, but a few years ago a Prai rep in M&S collared me and put the serum and then the cream on my neck. It was awful, sticky, and rolled off when I tried to touch my neck. Couldn’t wait to get back to the car and remove it. Saying that, I received a jar of the Prai face cream in the Tili TSV, and am liking it very much, it seems to suit me.

Thanks to Brissles‘ post, I’m going to order the hand cream from Amazon. At the moment there’s an “internal error” which means the order can’t be placed. Although my neck’s alright I’ll try it on there as well, assuming I can actually place my order. 🙄

Edit: The order’s gone through. 👍

Last edited:
I switch between EG and JW. Not a line on my neck. One of my best points. Can't say I have found any face cream that stops lines. Got a fair few of them. 😫

Seeing all the rave reviews for Revolution Miracle cream at £8 a pop on Look Fantastic I am going to give that a go. I don't expect it to get rid of my lines but the reviews are very fair. As long as it's nice on the skin, it'll do.
@catzrcool

assume JW is Judith Williams what’s EG? Thanks

Oh, so her charity helping dogs by donating proceeding of Prai makes her obnoxious?

Prai is raved about by loads on the Caroline Hirons Facebook group, first product recommended when people ask for neck cream.

Every beauty brand is selling a dream, that is why they make millions.
No, Donna. My comment about the owner of Prai Cosmetics had nothing to do with her love for dogs. It's her sugary sweet attitude that I find obnoxious and her ridiculous claims.

I think EG might be Elizabeth Grant.
I'm using a EG set I got from IW but to be honest I can't say it's any better or worse than most other things. It doesn't roll off though (Gatineau and Prai) and feels nice on the skin. I'll probably know better once I've used it for some weeks.

Elemis is the best I've used for neck and face, the PCMC and the Night Matrix. Typically though it's a bit unaffordable.

CC

The EG seems to suit my skin. I usually use cheaper products which also work but thought I’d treat myself to a well known brand for a change. I’ve tried Elemis in the past and didn’t get on with it.

I never noticed the ingredients changed? As I just continued to use it without problem. Some years back they did a different one in a glass jar which was in the Formula range aimed at mature skin, I remember buying it when they discontinued it went on sale and had no

I never noticed the ingredients changed? As I just continued to use it without problem. Some years back they did a different one in a glass jar which was in the Formula range aimed at mature skin, I remember buying it when they discontinued it went on sale and had no problem.
It was in a tube not a glass jar, but to be honest it might have just been discontinued and a new one brought out. I couldn't use the new version due to an ingredient. Must admit it all hazy due to it being a good while ago. :ROFLMAO:

Well I've started using my Estee Lauder set, night repair serum/moisturiser and eye cream. So far so good, it doesn't seem to irritate my skin, my skin feels nice obviously haven't noticed a difference with any of the wrinkles on my face (and I'm pretty sure that I won't, but one can hope) The eye cream though - yes! Already the skin on my eyelids seem to have lost the bagginess that has started to appear recently and has got rid of the the puffiness underneath, so even if I find just one hero product out of this set I'll be happy!

Well I've started using my Estee Lauder set, night repair serum/moisturiser and eye cream. So far so good, it doesn't seem to irritate my skin, my skin feels nice obviously haven't noticed a difference with any of the wrinkles on my face (and I'm pretty sure that I won't, but one can hope) The eye cream though - yes! Already the skin on my eyelids seem to have lost the bagginess that has started to appear recently and has got rid of the the puffiness underneath, so even if I find just one hero product out of this set I'll be happy!

I'm a big fan of Estee Lauder M - thanks to QVCs great tsv last year. I use the eye, serum and moisturiser and have found a big difference in my skin. I stuck with Elemis and Gatineau for years and needed a shame up. I now buy my Estee Lauder from eBay. Agree the eye gel is very moisturizing!

Latest posts

Back