Ludicrous Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's about time the ASA suspended all of their channels for 24 hours.

This constant misleading is happening on a daily basis now, multiple times a day, and they're getting more and more brazen about it. They're completely undeterred.
I wouldn't worry. Paula Vennells seems to be at a loose end right now. I'm sure she'll be able to lend a hand with straightening things out.

If that's the case, then:

a) They've already had a warning for doing that from the ASA.
b) It's illegal.
Really? Illegal?

I bought a ring from a live show for £299. It was consistently £299 every time I saw it on air, then £279 so I rang up and got my £20 price pledge.

Saw it on the website last week at £199, no sign of any sale or clearance wording on the product page.

Who do I tell?

Really? Illegal?

I bought a ring from a live show for £299. It was consistently £299 every time I saw it on air, then £279 so I rang up and got my £20 price pledge.

Saw it on the website last week at £199, no sign of any sale or clearance wording on the product page.

Who do I tell?

Trading Standards. You can't go direct to Trading Standards these days though - you have to go through the Citizens Advice website.

Contact the ASA too because Gemporia have already had a warning for that this year after I reported them.

I had a look in and saw Angeline flogging a multi sapphire ring for £699 which I have seen previously for 425. Nice little profit. Maybe Angeline thinks she is so adored by her fans that they will pay ANYTHING. I hope she’s not right. If so I can only wonder why.
IMG_2068.png
IMG_2068.png

One of these is from Esty for under £20, one from Gem Collector at £149. Can you tell which is which? They are Queen Conch carvings, both pieces stating a size of 35mm by 35mm
1714843371086.png

1714843532143.png

Full disclosure - the Esty is from Hong Kong and so will take a few weeks to get here and the postage is just shy of £10. There were other shapes available on both GC and Etsy and my untrained eye doesn't see a difference.

One of these is from Esty for under £20, one from Gem Collector at £149. Can you tell which is which? They are Queen Conch carvings, both pieces stating a size of 35mm by 35mm
View attachment 28503
View attachment 28504

Full disclosure - the Esty is from Hong Kong and so will take a few weeks to get here and the postage is just shy of £10. There were other shapes available on both GC and Etsy and my untrained eye doesn't see a difference.
Do you think DT uses that Etsy store? Coz it's sooooooooooooo rare. If they can give it away for those prices, he'd rake it in. ;) Unless that's an Asian outlet of his jewelley house for the bits the westerners don't want.

Do you think DT uses that Etsy store? Coz it's sooooooooooooo rare. If they can give it away for those prices, he'd rake it in. ;) Unless that's an Asian outlet of his jewelley house for the bits the westerners don't want.
If he does no wonder he could afford to fund a trip to the Bahamas to do a few pieces to camera to promote the range

If he does no wonder he could afford to fund a trip to the Bahamas to do a few pieces to camera to promote the range
Oh yes, so rare he had to sell his shirt, and then plucked one out of the water just like it had been waiting for him. If I remember that ad correctly.

I'm amazed that he had to still sell his Jade and other overpriced s**t because after the VT told us that it was so rare, there was only a one in two million chance of finding one, he swam straight to the bottom of the sea and plucked one out.

If I was him, I'd have been heading straight to the shop to have a go on the Euromillions draw.

They'll be from exactly the same source in China.

The only difference is, Troth is a shyster that probably hikes up the prices to pay for the amount of time he spends chatting s**t (misleading viewers) on air and putting on endless 30 second clocks.
Thinking about it, he could put on a 50 minute clock and when the alarm goes off, you can turn the volume back on and actually watch what the hour is supposed to be about :p

Something that you will never be able to unsee.

At least it wasn't Jake!

The sea levels around the world would have risen by 1 metre.

Thinking about it, he could put on a 50 minute clock and when the alarm goes off, you can turn the volume back on and actually watch what the hour is supposed to be about :p

He'd still be chatting s**t after all that time!

Latest posts

Back