Ludicrous Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just done a reread and thought of something. Don't forget they run on very tight profit margins so 'the customer' gets the best deal. Granted, I haven't heard them mention that of late, but still ;)

Oh they still say it. They must think people are stupid.

They still say they're "cutting out the middleman" too - despite buying most of their stuff from trade shows rather than mines.

Oh they still say it. They must think people are stupid.

They still say they're "cutting out the middleman" too - despite buying most of their stuff from trade shows rather than mines.
The current crop of presentwrs, especially Ellis, are fond of screeching "I don't know how we're doing this!" at the camera whenever they are flogging an especially overpriced piece of tat.

Which always bemuses me, since the company is supposedly owned by the staff, and you would think a professional sales person would totally understand how their pricing system works. Another piece of waffle presenters like to share with viewers (admittedly quite rarely these days), is that Gemporia supposedly gets good deals because they buy massively in bulk, and allegedly pass on savings to customers.

But one thing you can never accuse Gempiria of is consistency. Unless it's their consistently omitting appropriate information on their stock, waffle and obfuscation, lying to their viewers and doing tbeir utmost to scam viewers left, right and centre.

The current crop of presentwrs, especially Ellis, are fond of screeching "I don't know how we're doing this!" at the camera whenever they are flogging an especially overpriced piece of tat.

Which always bemuses me, since the company is supposedly owned by the staff, and you would think a professional sales person would totally understand how their pricing system works. Another piece of waffle presenters like to share with viewers (admittedly quite rarely these days), is that Gemporia supposedly gets good deals because they buy massively in bulk, and allegedly pass on savings to customers.

But one thing you can never accuse Gempiria of is consistency. Unless it's their consistently omitting appropriate information on their stock, waffle and obfuscation, lying to their viewers and doing tbeir utmost to scam viewers left, right and centre.
Apologies for the awful typos. I shouldn't really post stuff when I can't sleep

The presenters always say that Gemporia "work on tiny profit margins" too - yet yesterday, they sold a Grandidierite Sterling Silver Pendant for £49.99p that they admitted had previously sold for £99.99p.

It wasn't 'sale' or 'clearance' show. It was a normal show.

So that alone is a £50 profit from it's previous selling price - and they're clearly still making a profit on that because it wasn't a 'sale' price.

I wouldn't call a minimum of a £50 mark up on a product they originally valued at £100 to be a 'tiny margin'.

They're full of s**t.

The presenters always say that Gemporia "work on tiny profit margins" too - yet yesterday, they sold a Grandidierite Sterling Silver Pendant for £49.99p that they admitted had previously sold for £99.99p.

It wasn't 'sale' or 'clearance' show. It was a normal show.

So that alone is a £50 profit from it's previous selling price - and they're clearly still making a profit on that because it wasn't a 'sale' price.

I wouldn't call a minimum of a £50 mark up on a product they originally valued at £100 to be a 'tiny margin'.

They're full of s**t.
Troth was trying to flog a one-row jadeite elasticated stretch bracelet today for £499! It was a very pale green colour, didn't even look like jadeite. Are people actually buying these things?

Latest posts

Back