Lulu Guinness TSV 12/12/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Its the Franka Bag theres a photo on the newsletter.

021213_novNews_14.jpg

My money is safe...... well it was until this afternoon, when I ordered the Jenny with 20% off today only on Lulu Guinness website :mysmilie_14:

Well at least it is likely to come in proper packaging so it gets to you undamaged! I have been spreading the word about the packaging issue noted on another thread and warned friends NOT to buy from QVC however good a bargain it may seem. I have never bought her stuff but I am told her (shop/website) January sale is fantastic.

Well at least it is likely to come in proper packaging so it gets to you undamaged! I have been spreading the word about the packaging issue noted on another thread and warned friends NOT to buy from QVC however good a bargain it may seem. I have never bought her stuff but I am told her (shop/website) January sale is fantastic.

I've heard some really awful stories about how the bags where both packaged and delievered. You're right too, Mazza the winter sale at Lulu Guinness is fab you usually get 50 or 70% off. The Jenny I ordered today was a birthday present from hubby for one of those 'significant' birthdays, where you just want to hide under the duvet! lol

Ooh I love the Franka! Wonder what colours?

It wouldn't put me off ordering if it's a bag I really want, but I would inspect it closely for any damage however minute because I know I won't be out of pocket if it has to go back*. I'd probably send a couple of photos to Mr Boyd (he's still the CEO I think) along with the next mascara or similar that arrived in a stupid box!

I'll have to check out the LG website to see whether there are bags I'd rather buy (subject to a good reduction in the sale), but the Franka is just a design that suits me.

*teabag will be inside the zipped inner pocket!:mysmilie_17:

Ooh thanks for this Autumn, I love the style of the Franka and it looks like the mock croc one, I wonder what other colours it will be in, it will have to look good on the day if i am going to be tempted and risk getting a damaged one from Q, I could wait for her sale but there is not much on her website that appeals, :whew:

I like the look of the mock croc, and it would be less prone to marking in transit, so they may just stick the delivery note straight on to it, and not bother with the mail sack!

Hmm....I am not overly impressed - phew! I have had 3 Franka bags in the past and it is indeed a beautiful bag, such a classic shape. However, I found the handles too long to use it as a 'handbag' and resorted to using it on the shoulder. I don't really fancy anything on her website at the moment either. For those who have never experienced the LG sale - you are in for a treat!! I had a £600 bag once for £200! But that was in my frivolous days, I am turning into a miser in my dotage!! That's not to say I won't be taking a peek at the TSV though....I can't resist!

Last year I dithered about over the peeping doll Zoe bag, it was reduced to £35 and I still never got it!! Gutted I never, especially as QVC still had it listed on there for the full £225!! I'm hoping the doll wanda will come down in the sale.

The doll Wanda is very old stock now - you'd think they would reduce it wouldn't you? They are so stubborn, ha ha!

Well my raspberry Amelia went back today, cost me £11 :-( I also signed up to My Hermes and paid for a return but I realised after it didn't mention compensation, so I thought I'd go with Royal Mail as I can trust them (although they are not completely trustworthy!) That bag has cost me £14.95 just to realise it had sticky yellow stuff on! I have contacted them and hope for my postage to be refunded, but I hope I have learnt my lesson with Lulu Guinness and QVC now.

Don't Q send out a pre paid label anymore if you contact them with something thats faulty ? Been a while since I returned something this way but at least I didn't have to pay and try and get it back !

Hope you get your postage refunded.

The doll Wanda is very old stock now - you'd think they would reduce it wouldn't you? They are so stubborn, ha ha!

Well my raspberry Amelia went back today, cost me £11 :-( I also signed up to My Hermes and paid for a return but I realised after it didn't mention compensation, so I thought I'd go with Royal Mail as I can trust them (although they are not completely trustworthy!) That bag has cost me £14.95 just to realise it had sticky yellow stuff on! I have contacted them and hope for my postage to be refunded, but I hope I have learnt my lesson with Lulu Guinness and QVC now.

Minxy they should accept the PO proof of posting and refund but if there's a "next time", ring them and they'll send Hermes or DX to collect it. Chase them if they "forget" to refund your original p&p. You should not be out of pocket for being sent a sticky (faulty) bag!

Thanks both. To be honest, I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for the pre-paid label, so am doing it retrospectively! Just glad to have been proved right in the knowledge that Q don't give a monkey's uncle about how they send out expensive bags. Have seriously lost all faith in them of late. May save me a few bob though eh?!! Hehe!

I bought a Jenny bag from QVC a year ago, and it was well packaged - the outer packaging was a sturdy box - and delivered by courier.

If I wanted to buy an LG bag then I wouldn`t buy it from Q. I`d wait for the LG sale and have the knowledge its the real McCoy, not some specially mass created version done for Q. It would also arrive quicker, better packaged and probably cheaper at sale time. Time and time again you read on here and on FB about very expensive Q bags arriving scratched, damaged, poorly packaged and simply not living up to expectations. I have serious doubts that LG herself has any, if very little input into the bags made for Q so it would have to be a bag from her own website for me. I actually don`t buy them but if I did then my hard earned money wouldn`t be spent with Q.

I agree pricewise LG sales are the way to go! The one time I bought from QVC last year was because I wanted a paricular bag that never features in LG sales (or at least if it does isn't very well discounted and gets snapped up early). My one experience of buying an LG bag from QVC was good so I wouldn't rule out buying from them again if it was a particular bag that I knew I couldn't get (or at least at a decent price) direct from LG.

Hiya,

one word of warning.

I bought a dice purse in the LG sale from her website earlier this year - and when it arrived it had a different number of spots than I was expecting.

I wasnt worried enough to send it back, but investigated, and it turned out to be a "made for QVC only" version.

Cheers,
Karen

Oh! I'm a bit underwhelmed. Thank you for posting the details but maybe it's a bag that (to me) looks best in patent leather and I suspect it'll be quite heavy. Hmmm...it's not calling to me "buy me, buy me!"

I may have to wait for the sale.

Hiya,

one word of warning.

I bought a dice purse in the LG sale from her website earlier this year - and when it arrived it had a different number of spots than I was expecting.

I wasnt worried enough to send it back, but investigated, and it turned out to be a "made for QVC only" version.

Cheers,
Karen

I've noticed a few "QVC Specials" in the LG sale...when I read your post Karen I had an image of 7 spots on the dice and QVC buyers saying "It's fine, no one will notice" and Jill Franks looking at it for 3 hours without seeing the problem!

Latest posts

Back