Made in ChinašŸ˜”

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I was right, my review was rejected, but I am going to post it elsewhere. I didn't meet their guidelines. Now, the thing is I don't know about everyone else on here, but I leave reviews all the time, and it seems to me that QVC are the only ones who vet them, and reject them. In fact, when I think about it, they are the only company who reject reviews. In my opinion, a customer should be given the opportunity to leave an honest review good or bad - that's all I did.

They make me so angry.

Not exactly on track but still animal-related.

Did you all know that there is snail slime in IT Cosmetics CC foundations? You may not like snails especially if a gardener but all the same poor things used in cosmetics. Oh, and be careful of the ingredient squalene now mainly from olives but still can be made from sharks as it was originally.

Shark squalane is very rare these days because it`s so expensive for suppliers to buy. I`ve used plant based squalane for years and it makes a great face treatment plus I buy an unperfumed face wash which also contains squalane. I buy mine from Naturally Thinking but The Ordinary brand use a lot of olive squalane in their products.

I cannot understand the Q review assessment proceedure.There are reviews on their site from people who have not even bought the product.I thought the idea was buy, try, feedback?

Well, I was right, my review was rejected, but I am going to post it elsewhere. I didn't meet their guidelines. Now, the thing is I don't know about everyone else on here, but I leave reviews all the time, and it seems to me that QVC are the only ones who vet them, and reject them. In fact, when I think about it, they are the only company who reject reviews. In my opinion, a customer should be given the opportunity to leave an honest review good or bad - that's all I did.

They make me so angry.
Put it on Trust Pilot.

I cannot understand the Q review assessment proceedure.There are reviews on their site from people who have not even bought the product.I thought the idea was buy, try, feedback?
Yes, those! I always click on the unhelpful tab if some Stanlid has gushed without buying. Why? Fecking eejits.

I hate it when there is the facility to leave a 'review' and when you do it honestly its either rejected or not liked.

I recently had cause to leave a 1 star review on a product I bought from the Etsy site, the 'shop' was in Spain, but when I received the item, the photograph on the website had been magnified many times, so I was more than a little disappointment, and with the price and hefty postage I got burned. I did the review and actually admitted I should have read the measurements, but also told the truth that I wasn't happy. Well, the abuse I received from the owner ! in her broken english I was a bad person and not to bother contacting her shop again. As if. But I wasn't prepared to give 5 stars for not telling the truth, otherwise whats the point.

I have an Etsy shop and yes, some sellers are appallingly rude, especially if you leave less than a 5 star review as it impacts on their shop and where they are found in the Etsy search. Not the best way to get customers IMO. I of course am not like that as all my reviews ARE 5 star :love::love::love:

CC

I have an Etsy shop and yes, some sellers are appallingly rude, especially if you leave less than a 5 star review as it impacts on their shop and where they are found in the Etsy search. Not the best way to get customers IMO. I of course am not like that as all my reviews ARE 5 star :love::love::love:

CC
I like Etsy when looking for something different, just received some patterned masks with filters very well made.šŸ˜Š

There was a post on the QVC Facebook earlier in the week. They said the presenter mentioned the 2 five star reviews for the product but they went and looked before buying and the rest of the reviews all 2 and few 3 stars.

So the presenters will always mention the 5 stars even if it is only one and the other 100 are lower.

The co.op have started to discontinue quite a few of their own brand products. I have gone looking for a product to be told sorry we have stopped selling that.

Emma Hardie has the leaping bunny.
Is that definite, I can't find Emma Hardie on the Cruelty Free international website.

Emma Hardie has the bunny logo on all their products. Its the same logo bunny that is on Liz Earle packaging.

Emma Hardie has the bunny logo on all their products. Its the same logo bunny that is on Liz Earle packaging.

Thanks for this, however nothing on that link mentions certified status, nor does Emma Hardie appear on Cruelty Free International (who certify with leaping bunny) website, so I'm not convinced. I do remember a nail polish company (can't remember which one but m&s stocked it) put the bunny logo on their bottles when they weren't entitled to as they weren't certified. So until it appears on Cruelty Free International website I'll steer clear.

If they had the symbol on their packaging illegally they would be fined Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£s.

L'Occitane lost their leaping bunny when they started selling in China.

Molton Brown has had it for years.

Okay, I have emailed EH and asked?

Last edited:
Many companies especially the smaller ones are cruelty free but they don`t have the leaping bunny. Businesses have to pay for it and the amount they pay is decided on their turnover. To a large brand the money might be a drop in the ocean but to much smaller companies, many of them run by just one or two people, it may be money they can`t afford to pay.
We all know of brands which say they are cruelty free and they may be in this Country but because they sell in China they have to allow animal testing there, hence no bunny. Or brands which don`t allow testing of their final product but know some of the ingredients they use have been animal tested.
The leaping bunny is a good place to start for finding cruelty free skincare, toiletries and makeup but I always like to take a look at smaller setups where products are hand made and with love for the planet and the animals.
Naturally Thinking is one website, Akamuti is another, Smol for laundry pods and dishwasher tabs, Angela Langford, Shop Holistic which do a handmade All The Roses cream which I love but sadly coronavirus had affected some of the smaller places during lockdown and it will take them a while to be properly up and running again.

I find it odd that if Emma Hardie brand had achieved certified cruelty free status, surely they would have declare that on their own website, but they don't. And it's not listed when you search on the Cruelty Free International website. I found the link to the questionable status of the nail polish I mentioned in my earlier post.

But they have the bunny logo on the packaging the same Molton Brown and Liz Earle?

Elemis say they are cruelty-free but cannot get the bunny because they can never guarantee than no ingredient has not been tested in the last 5 years.

My understanding about animal testing in China from what I've read always has me scratching my head.
If it's made in China solely for export, no animal testing is mandated.
If it's made in China for sale in China, no animal testing is mandated.
If it's NOT made in China but imported for sale in China, they must subject the products to animal testing.
It's more about trying to force big beauty companies to invest in China, rather than buying Chinese components, it seems to me; because the "logic" implied by their rules seems thin, to be kind to them!

Latest posts

Back