Magnified tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I received and returned today a diamoneeeeek pendant, because it was a lot smaller than it appeared on screen.

Has anyone else found this ? I know it cant be magnified on tv - or can it ? its common knowledge that tv can put 10lb on if you are in front of the camera, but would this be the case with jewellery in appearing larger than in the 'flesh'. I purposely bought the pendant because of its size (it came without a chain) and visualised it with one of my longer chains, so it would hang nicely; so I was disappointed to see that it was only half the size I expected, so its been returned.

On my 48 inch TV, a pendant would look like it was almost four feet in diameter, but I know it is not really, otherwise you'ld never be able to get through doorways.

I am glad that you have raised this. I have experienced the same problem with pendants and make up. I can't explain it but I'd love to understand why it happens. It can be so disappointing particularly with jewellery.

I always look at the carat sizes for diamonique. I know what a carat looks like so it is easy to work out most of the sizes.

I now watch jewellery shows on my tablet as it gives a much better idea of just how big or small something really is.
I have found that if they are showing rings then the models hand on screen is about the same size as my hand in real life so I can get a better idea of how it is going to look on me. This works for all jewellery sellers not only Q and I have had to send far less back since I started watching in this way.

Totally agree lots of the week jewellery looks much bigger and sparkler on screen. I too have sent a lot back recently. It's very annoying

I think they only employ presenters with tiny hands...Dale, Simon and Charlie slipped through the net but look at the wee men employed recently...Craig and Miceal.

I think they only employ presenters with tiny hands...Dale, Simon and Charlie slipped through the net but look at the wee men employed recently...Craig and Miceal.

Don't forget Debbie Flint - who has exceptionally large hands (on screen at least) and her famous Hobbit feet...

I returned a lola rose bracelet which looked like the stones were quite big nugget sizes on screen but when it arrived the stones were the size of a pea. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty bracelet and very well made and presented but it was just a disappointment as I thought I was getting something different to what arrived.

CC

Don't watch much jewellery on QVC prefer Gems TV, but at one time they always used the QVC ruler do they still do this?????? Gems TV usually put a pendant on the back of their hands and that gives a good idea of the size.

I had a similar experience with Lola rose, generally lovely jewellery! The bracelet beads were tiny and no way the size that I saw on screen, yes, it's very annoying!!!:mysmilie_10:

However, other jewellery I have ordered has been fab!! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back