Mally TSV 24/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the last TSV on EZ pay a few weeks ago, the eye palette but i may send it back as i don't find the shadow bullet proof they have gone after a few hours.

I didn't go for the last TSV with the long eye shadow palette but this is more tempting to me - all the mascaras for me, probably ebay the eye liners because I have loads already (unless there's a "new" colour I don't already own, but I doubt it) Eye shadow palettes (possibly all for me or for DD), Lippies possibly keep possibly ebay depending on the colours.

But on the day I'll decide whether it's more sensible just to buy the parts I want on ebay or buy the TSV and offset the cost with bits sold on ebay.

OR

I might give it a miss and buy the Laura Geller TSV.

I got the last TSV on EZ pay a few weeks ago, the eye palette but i may send it back as i don't find the shadow bullet proof they have gone after a few hours.

I found they stay put a lot better with Laura Geller eye Spackle or Bare Minerals eye primer, the primer in the palette is completely useless. Also I use real techniques brushes as the brush provided in the palette just distribute the shadows all down my face!

I'm out. I hate palettes and I hate eyeshadow you have to apply with a brush! I love Mally's sticks and her Evercolour crayons; I was hoping for more of these. I have found some bargains on the high street though. MUA for Superdrug, eyeshadow crayons for £3 (also lips) which are really creamy and are as good as any of the Mally stuff I own. They also do a range of lipsticks for £1. I wore a bright pink today (ashamed to say, inspired by Alexis recently!) and it last all day. Very impressed.

Does anyone have some more news on this TSV yet? It's only a week away now. It would be nice to see a larger picture (if that little one was definitely it), I'm trying to decide whether or not i'm going to buy it, probably will because I love Mally ;-) x

I won't be buying if it's that as I have mascara and eyeliner a plenty and happy with they pallet from the last TSV. I was hoping for some eyeshadow sticks. Never mind :(

Not for me either, I got the last 2 tsvs and am very happy with them so really don't need this, would have loved some eyeshadow sticks as well. Really do like them, let's hope she has some new items we may fancy x

Last edited:
Think it is a no from me the colours look boring and i don't like plums. I got the last BE TSV and it is fab so don't really need anymore make-up.

$59 she said for the TSV in the US is roughly £36.60 hmmmmmn...we will see.

So, add 20% VAT for a start, and we're already at £43.92, then there's the 15% QAT rate (like VAT, but levied by QVC Inc instead of HMRC) and that brings us to £50!

So, add 20% VAT for a start, and we're already at £43.92, then there's the 15% QAT rate (like VAT, but levied by QVC Inc instead of HMRC) and that brings us to £50!

It all depends on what price QVCUK manage to negotiate with Mally in the first place, and this will not necessarily be the same price negotiated by QVC US. They are actually 2 distinct and separate companies, even though they are related to each other.

Some of the Mally products in my make up bag are made in the USA and then distributed in Amsterdam. Also in Salford! The Mally Mascara is actually made in Italy. Depending on the items in the TSV, QVCUK may be able to factor in the cheaper import costs of the mascara from Italy when finalising price. QVC will have to factor in all of the costs of importing the stock, including any import duties which of course QVCUS dont need to do, as well as VAT, the exchange rate with the dollar and their own profit so it is really anyone's guess.

Whilst they are two different companies, they're not seperate, one's the parent, the other a wholly owned subsidiary. I also believe that like many multi-national companies, they follow a group sourcing strategy with suppliers common between group companies. This TSV will have been manufactured as a QVC group production run, and then packed into sub-consignments for each country.

I agree with Weathergirl. It will also depend on how many each QVC are willing to buy, the US is so big they will order hundreds of thousands of units and get a much better deal. Also everyone seems to forget their VAT works by State so that is added on after depending where its going. So really the price you see is not actually the price they pay, NY state tax is one of the highest around 13%.

Yes, it is all to easy to forget that US prices are stated before the addition of their sales tax, whilst ours are always after VAT. Still, wouldn't it be lovely to be wrong and for this to be a £40 TSV. Can anyone remember what last year's Christmas TSV cost, I've noticed that the Christmas TSVs seem to follow a similar price point year-on-year.

Mally TSV 24/11/13

Another ott shouty boring sunday, dear gawd what a thought Ali and Mally together for hours on end .....for you....:screamingpumpkin:

And that is exactly why I will not be tuning in Kathy. I cannot cope with Mally and her OTT performances. She does my head in!!!

Latest posts

Back