Mally TSV 24/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I usually love Mally stuff but this TSV is just not doing anything for me. Also if she is such a fantastic make-up anrtist why are the models fully made up and Mally just lightly goes over the already applied products.
Bare Minerals make a point of showing models with bare faces from start to finish.

I'd more or less decided not to go for it but, after watching the presentation, decided to after all. I like Mally stuff & it seems great value. The only thing I won't use is the darkest lipgloss. I was very sceptical about the purple shadows but thought AY looked good in them & she's almost as fair as I am.

Did anyone notice on the TSV launch, Mally was trying and trying to get some product out of a lip gloss to put on the models hand to show the different colours? It obviously wasn't working so the camera cut away and a few seconds later she had one that did work. Makes you wonder how many will be like this IMO.

not a great fan of mally stuff ok but over hyped and over priced when not in a tsv a primer for £60 just proves my point

I`ve given this tsv a miss. Yep I could give some of the items as Christmas gifts but I prefer a tsv which I would use. The purple pallette would be a no go for me and one of the lip glosses too and also the black eye liner. I`ll wait for the next tsv.

I just can't watch Mally, she is so like a hyena/performing seal... so ott...her children must be nervous wrecks having to listen to that 24/7.:giggle: The good thing is my money is safe today.....

Did anyone notice on the TSV launch, Mally was trying and trying to get some product out of a lip gloss to put on the models hand to show the different colours? It obviously wasn't working so the camera cut away and a few seconds later she had one that did work. Makes you wonder how many will be like this IMO.

You do have to turn the end of those pens many times to get the gloss all the way to the end of the brush. Once you've done that the first time it only takes half a click to use the product from then on.

I just went for the eyeshadow sticks oto in the end. Don't like the plums, makes my eyes look punched.

It's a no from me- I normally hate mally stuff although must admit I got her eye tsv last time (the one that was a blatant copy of urban decay naked palette). It's the only thing I liked from her and felt worth the price

What gets me is todays prices for the stuff- it's not that good! They are saying that the pore less face defender is £35... I got a face powder for less than that from chanel. Even the eyeliners in the tsv are allegedly worth over £40.... Perhaps if they were from mac!!!!

They cannot justify the inflated 'high end' prices which she is trying to fit in. Not every prestige brand product is fantastic but at least you know the inflated prices pay for r&d, packaging and expensive advertising to assist the brand identity. What does mally spend on? (The mally tsv is a blatant copy of Michael Korrs packaging at present)

To me a lot of the stuff is on a par with brands like Rimmel priced like ysl or chanel

I see they are not being entirely honest about quantities AGAIN!. I thought the TSV might be good value with 3 eye shadow bases. Mally herself stressed they are 3 full size bases but the amounts on the web site don't add up. The shadow palettes have three colours and a base of equal size and weight of 7.7g the shadow base by itself weighs 7.4g albeit two kinds. 1.9g is not the same as 3.7. It's significantly less Mally and makes a big difference to me when trying to suss the value for the items I'd want to keep.
I noticed they were demonstrating a set of MINI lipshine and calling them fullsize also. Give me strength!

You do have to turn the end of those pens many times to get the gloss all the way to the end of the brush. Once you've done that the first time it only takes half a click to use the product from then on.

I have a Superdrug B undereye concealer like that. Took forever to get it going the first time, but once there it's just a little click each time I use it.

It's a no from me- I normally hate mally stuff although must admit I got her eye tsv last time (the one that was a blatant copy of urban decay naked palette). It's the only thing I liked from her and felt worth the price

What gets me is todays prices for the stuff- it's not that good! They are saying that the pore less face defender is £35... I got a face powder for less than that from chanel. Even the eyeliners in the tsv are allegedly worth over £40.... Perhaps if they were from mac!!!!

They cannot justify the inflated 'high end' prices which she is trying to fit in. Not every prestige brand product is fantastic but at least you know the inflated prices pay for r&d, packaging and expensive advertising to assist the brand identity. What does mally spend on? (The mally tsv is a blatant copy of Michael Korrs packaging at present)

To me a lot of the stuff is on a par with brands like Rimmel priced like ysl or chanel

exactly. £35 for an eye gel that garnier do with the metal spoon thing. primer for £65 a pot. face defender et all ...all in the super league of make-up pricewise but imo very basic avon/rimmel/ boots stuff. tried most of the range loathed most of it. i prefer to buy good stuff bit by bit and pay a premium but its quality and lasts and applies well. her face products are drying and thick and cakey and i have oilier skin. eye colours boring and glittery in a cheap way and the lipgloss thick and cheap. those make-up artisits dont show you putting on the make-up i wonder why

After almost a week of should I, shouldn't I, I have gone for it. I have to say that Weathergirl's comment on this being just shy of £50 hit a nerve, and I definitely won't be spending £50 on myself this close to Christmas, but I will not keep all this kit for myself. Even factoring in P&P, each full set is £17 and generally my budget for a gift for friends is £20, so I'm going to keep the Taupe for me, and give the other 2 sets as gifts, and I can give myself a little treat for £17.

AK has just said 10,000 sold, I was a little surprised, I thought that was low. I have decided not to bother as I have a little stash already and although I do quite like Mally make up, I keep telling myself they'll be another in a few months that I may like more. I have treated myself a little too much recently and buying on ez pay is becoming a problem I think I'll be paying for other stuff for months to come.

About time we had some new QUALITY ranges on Q. They must make huge profits on this for her to be on so often, and the screeching and screaming between her and AY is farcical.

I think its a fairly disappointing TSV for those who bought her last TSV. Spectacularly similar shadows and eyeliners. Love Mally but my money is safe this time.

I think its a fairly disappointing TSV for those who bought her last TSV. Spectacularly similar shadows and eyeliners. Love Mally but my money is safe this time.

I agree, I think that there is a 100% replication if you look at both palettes, and I guess the difference on whether it's of interest or not, is whether you bought it or not last time. I didn't go for it last time, as I liked some colours but not all in both options. If I had bought the last TSV, I wouldn't be buying this for myself at all.

I've gone for it. It can always go back if it's a total fail, but I doubt it will be. Some bits for me, some for gifts.

I think it was a brand new one, when they are new you have to twist them for a while before any gloss comes out of them, and the product moves up the tube. It does make it look like there is less in there but there is still a lot of product.

Latest posts

Back