Megadrops are back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the risk of butting my nose in and making things worse I think you are both saying the same thing. Sometimes they do a mega drop at the end of an evening off the cuff (although I am sure in reality planned) and other times they are advertised well in advance. If I am wrong you are both fab people so why not agree to disagree? Or I will be forced to get out the mud wrestling arena and make some mud and get you two to fight it out :p

PJ

HC, I'm not sure if you saw what I wrote;

"Official megadrops are when they promote it with adverts, and have the glittery £1 signs around the studio. I agree that the music and VT shouldn't be played when it isn't official."

But I'm sure you know what I mean by official.

If you tuned in, on the 4th March, and a presenter said he has a megadrop, you would expect it to be a low end item which would usually go for £1, as they haven't advertised the promotion anywhere else. However, if you saw one today, you could expect a higher end item, becuase of the advert. If they are all official, why dont they have the advert playing throughout the year? + Why do they say it's a 1 day only promotion?

HC, I'm not sure if you saw what I wrote;

"Official megadrops are when they promote it with adverts, and have the glittery £1 signs around the studio. I agree that the music and VT shouldn't be played when it isn't official."

But I'm sure you know what I mean by official.

If you tuned in, on the 4th March, and a presenter said he has a megadrop, you would expect it to be a low end item which would usually go for £1, as they haven't advertised the promotion anywhere else. However, if you saw one today, you could expect a higher end item, becuase of the advert. If they are all official, why dont they have the advert playing throughout the year? + Why do they say it's a 1 day only promotion?

Benny - you're expecting Bid to make sense.

Bid is the tv equivalent of a market stall, where the trader will say anything and everything to make a sale.

When the sit-up channels were first set up they had their own distinct patterns of behaviour; now, anything seems to go.

At the risk of butting my nose in and making things worse I think you are both saying the same thing. Sometimes they do a mega drop at the end of an evening off the cuff (although I am sure in reality planned) and other times they are advertised well in advance. If I am wrong you are both fab people so why not agree to disagree? Or I will be forced to get out the mud wrestling arena and make some mud and get you two to fight it out :p

PJ

PJ: Benny's only about 12 years old so that's pervy beyond belief!

Though I didn't realise you saw us in THAT way :wink: :smirk: :muscle: :tongue:

:tongue:

You're a LOT younger than me, anyway.

Though you seem more put out by my saying you're 12 than you are by the thought of mud wrestling :thinking:

Yes, correct. I am no where near 70 years old ;) Mud wrestling??? Only if the winner is able to get a Peter Simon statue.

I think Benny is right when there is an 'official' megadrop promotion. They get the stupid giant £1 signs cut-outs out and it's confusing when the signs appear with products that are not being sold for a pound.

But I agree with HC, because the number of promotions and gimmicky new games and concepts such as trolley dash, Jewellery Avalanches and Flash Bargain Drops just dilutes what are supposed to be the real promotions.

Considering it's supposed to be a discount channel, it really means bugger all when you add £7.99 p&p and £1.53 premium rate phonecalls to everything. It's not a discount channel!

Yes, correct. I am no where near 70 years old ;) Mud wrestling??? Only if the winner is able to get a Peter Simon statue.

That counts me out automatically. :puke:

I have to be careful with my hips, anyway. And Lord help me if I dropped my teeth...

Hc, you sound like Peter Simon xxx :giggle:

I don't have worms.

And I didn't have to prise deceased gay comedians' banter and material from their cold, dead fingers just to get a cheap laugh :tongue:

A proper megadrop how they used to be.

Yes the p&p was £15.99 but the quantity was already falling when they dropped it from £240 to a £1 so they could easily have left it and made a sizeable profit.

Wow, thats going back a few years, around 2005. Ive still got this one along with a similar one in Red, both still going strong!

Latest posts

Back