MeMike Mason has time to finish his book now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He won't be able to afford those expensive suits either. Or monogrammed shirts. I think we should start a charity fund for him, I can afford to contribute 2p.

Oh no please Muttley, i'm afraid I can't possibly contribute to any fund for Gollum but I can help him achieve a similar result to his tasteful initialled cuffed shirts but on his new depleted budget.

embroidery.jpg

Actually I did needlework at school in the 1980s, I'm sure I could initial his shirt cuffs, but my spelling is not good and I would probably accidentally embroider the word twat on his cuffs.

Its absolutely incredible that one guy on a low rate .....ok very low rate shopping channel can have so much negative comments against him and unlike what he spouted for long and weary not one of the negative comments about said guy are untrue, really I haven't known anything like it in the past.

If he has any shred of decency he should never put himself through it again and go back to being a spark or work for free in a old folks home and give something back for free rather than fleecing so many pensioners that he conned for years.

Mike "Ey gov am down £12k did ya know?" Mason please step forward for your reward...............or even come on and let us know how you feel about the whole sorry shambles now that me old mucker would take proper balls....really I would respect you for that!

Its absolutely incredible that one guy on a low rate .....ok very low rate shopping channel can have so much negative comments against him and unlike what he spouted for long and weary not one of the negative comments about said guy are untrue, really I haven't known anything like it in the past.

If he has any shred of decency he should never put himself through it again and go back to being a spark or work for free in a old folks home and give something back for free rather than fleecing so many pensioners that he conned for years.

Mike "Ey gov am down £12k did ya know?" Mason please step forward for your reward...............or even come on and let us know how you feel about the whole sorry shambles now that me old mucker would take proper balls....really I would respect you for that!

I have no idea what happened with him because during his first stint he was fun and pretty easy going. Sure he always said a few things that could be considered somewhat sexist but because he was likeable and not so aggressive he got away with it.

But then another Mike returned, he was like a different person. The fun had gone, he style was very aggressive, incredibly dislikeable, boastful, patronising and boy the whoppers rolled thick and fast. Jeez, he even looked like a different person.

But the criticism is well warranted if you ask me. JPD/Debenhams (although I think he suggested that story originally came from Schlock), suggesting you 'might' get a discount on your house insurance if you tell them you have self installed a battery operated alarm, the gut wrenching Worry Angel sales, the Dongle crap, the Bass Reflex Sheet, Laurelle on Regent Street, the appalling scare stories (notably how he couldn't live with himself if he knocked a kid over knowing he could have invested in a Poundland type Rear View Mirror), patronising people about how they should look which is utterly laughable, the atrocious sexist comments (Kiri and the 'droop'). I genuinely could go on and on but you get the picture, a quick search of the forum will reveal all.

That's why he went from being a popular presenter first time around to quite possibly the most unpopular on this forum. And it makes it worse that he has a fantasy 'fanpage' that just perpetuates fib after fib, stating that we never praise anyone on, or anything about Bid which is quite simply a lie. I accept we rarely if ever said anything positive about him in the run up to Bid's demise but he wasn't Bid, despite what some people who run that facebook page seem to appear to think. And if they think that there was much praise to be lavished on Sit-Up as a whole this last few years then that just tells you how detached from reality they are. It would be easy to think that they take themselves very, very seriously, something which the old Mike rarely appeared to do as I recall. He is mercilessly ribbed on here, of course he is, but he does exactly the same thing on air which makes his bodyguard's defensiveness all the more bizarre, and just makes them seem very precious.

I'd just love to know what happened with him because a major transformation took place with that lad. And sadly it didn't ultimately get him very far did it? I hope he does well in future but as far as i'm concerned he's a busted flush as far as TV goes now, the old Mike would probably have walked into a job.

I used to love Mike first time round. I loved his shows. When he left and came back he had totally changed into this dodgy market trader type. Dreadful and such a shame really.

I used to love Mike first time round. I loved his shows. When he left and came back he had totally changed into this dodgy market trader type. Dreadful and such a shame really.

Indeed, but what a transformation.

Something, or someone, changed him.

Wirral, you read my mind. I was reading the recent comments about how he has "changed" and I wondered how long he has been wirh the Goddess.

I wasn't suggesting that personally but something must have happened. To be fair to him a lot of the presenters changed, drastically.

The fun was sucked out the channels and the cynical scamming set in and if anyone does not acknowledge that then honestly, they are completely and utterly deluded. They really are.

All those complaints (and trust me there were many more unpublished complaints they were let off with because they immediately admitted their 'mistakes' and agreed to fix the problem) were not a figment of the imagination. But I want it on public record that despite me being highly critical of Mike I never once complained about him to the ASA, not a single time.

He didn't tell lies about the actual products and i've said this many times on here (another detail lost of his fanpage) but what he did do, time and time again, is support his sales with the most disingenuous stories, skilfully worded in a way that would avoid sanction. This is why I think he was probably the most cynical of all of them and that is the main reason why I took such a dislike to him.

But I really do hope he does well in future but hopefully not in a TV environment that involves selling. But i'd be surprised if he does get that kind of gig though.

'Look good, smell good and smile' :happy:

I wonder if it'll still work for him?

Let's recall the sheer arrogance of him when selling a £40 Suit, can anyone tell me the logic in somebody saying that they spend £400+ on theirs?

And why feel the need to tell everyone he spends £80-£90 on fragrance when he's selling a cheap stink?

Maybe i'm hyper sensitive but that kind of thing made him come across as an arrogant, boastful man who is basically saying 'don't do as I do, do as I say' and let's face it, he was in no position to do that. But what baffles me is that as far as I recall the old Mike never carried on like that so what on earth happened?

It's like his natural personality was replaced by that of a total arse. I'd suggest he tries to go back to the old Mike though as the newer version wouldn't seem very employable to my mind.

Let's recall the sheer arrogance of him when selling a £40 Suit, can anyone tell me the logic in somebody saying that they spend £400+ on theirs?

And why feel the need to tell everyone he spends £80-£90 on fragrance when he's selling a cheap stink?

Maybe i'm hyper sensitive but that kind of thing made him come across as an arrogant, boastful man who is basically saying 'don't do as I do, do as I say' and let's face it, he was in no position to do that. But what baffles me is that as far as I recall the old Mike never carried on like that so what on earth happened?

It's like his natural personality was replaced by that of a total arse.

It was for all those geezers who wanted to be him, the great Gollum, but hadn't got 12K a quarter coming in

I wasn't suggesting that personally but something must have happened. To be fair to him a lot of the presenters changed, drastically.

The fun was sucked out the channels and the cynical scamming set in and if anyone does not acknowledge that then honestly, they are completely and utterly deluded. They really are.

All those complaints (and trust me there were many more unpublished complaints they were let off with because they immediately. admitted their 'mistakes' and agreed to fix the problem) were not a figment of the imagination. But I want it on public record that despite me being highly critical of Mike I never once complained about him to the ASA, not a single time.

He didn't tell lies about the actual products and i've said this many times on here (another detail lost of his fanpage) but what he did do, time and time again, is support his sales with the most disingenuous stories, skilfully worded in a way that would avoid sanction. This is why I think he was probably the most cynical of all of them and that is the main reason why I took such a dislike to him.

But I really do hope he does well in future but hopefully not in a TV environment that involves selling. But i'd be surprised if he does get that kind of gig though.

I agree. My only complaint to the ASA was not about him but I objected to sales tactics like the rear view mirror. Orher presenters were just as bad. Selling crockery and cutlery by telling us to replace all the chipped cups and mismatched knives and forks (that was James. Showing stained pillows (Mike on his last shift before they closed). I don't live in Buckinghan Palace but we certainly don't live like that.

I agree. My only complaint to the ASA was not about him but I objected to sales tactics like the rear view mirror. Orher presenters were just as bad. Selling crockery and cutlery by telling us to replace all the chipped cups and mismatched knives and forks (that was James. Showing stained pillows (Mike on his last shift before they closed). I don't live in Buckinghan Palace but we certainly don't live like that.

I saw Ben with that stained pillow, yuk! He said 'how did that get there?'

I thought it was a mistake but by the sound of it, they used it in every demo :mysmilie_460:

I saw Ben with that stained pillow, yuk! He said 'how did that get there?'

I thought it was a mistake but by the sound of it, they used it in every demo :mysmilie_460:

I wonder what Ben will do now? He had quite a nice voice and he always looked good.

I'm thinking we could see him falling off a ladder and pulling one of his trademark 'cat in the headlights' faces on the latest 'Gladstone Brookes' ad :mysmilie_59:

I wonder what Ben will do now? He had quite a nice voice and he always looked good.

I'm thinking we could see him falling off a ladder and pulling one of his trademark 'cat in the headlights' faces on the latest 'Gladstone Brookes' ad :mysmilie_59:

He always looks like he's just seen a ghost. Are they going to bring back Yvie and Karl's Most Haunted? He'd be perfect

He always looks like he's just seen a ghost. Are they going to bring back Yvie and Karl's Most Haunted? He'd be perfect

He had a most startled look didn't he? He would be good for a ghosty show.

Gollum could play the ghoul :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back