Men's Clothing Range??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But changing it to "Itinerant Travellers, Tramps and Thieves" just doesn't scan! :sad:

Can't wait - not. I used to love cashmere but seem to have gone off it with advancing years. Lately, if it can't be thrown in the washing machine I won't buy it. I also find myself overheating and find that I'm much happier with light layers rather than heavy knits. I still feel the cold but need to be able to strip off if necessary. Is Karen from Wales one of Glen's relations then? Can't say I've ever heard any pearls worth hanging onto. As for poor Charlie, I almost feel sorry for him. He's got a defeated air about him, as if all the stuffing's been knocked out. I think it's time for a change of job for his sanity's sake. He'd make a great catalogue model if nothing else. Along with many others I'm not keen on him getting down with the girlies. The big 40 is looming and I think he needs to take action. Not sure what action - he should have a word with himself about that!
In fact some companies are doing machine washable cashmere - and not just the most expensive ones either. Cashmere IS very light and as a natural fibre will keep you warm or cool depending on the prevailing climate.

I'm with you on Charlie Thingummy - I don't like being lectured on beauty and fashion by a male presenter.

Last edited:
I don't mind who is presenting clothes and beauty shows, male or female as long as they know what they are talking about and aren't screechy or patronising. Lots of the guests on the beauty shows are male, ie Andrew , Gatineau and Paul, Bobbi brown. I don't see why it is ok for men to present cooking shows but not fashion or beauty.

Hooded Claw, thanks for changing your avatar. The prai woman looks much better than usual.

You're very welcome!

Just goes to show what "Mars dust" can do you you :smirk:

I have no problem with men presenting beauty on the whole. If they are experts then that's fine ( really like Tom from Alpha H). If they aren't, then they need to be careful. There is just something a bit creepy about Charlie's approach. Talking about 'our decollete' (as someone else pointed out) and 'our' this or that just doesn't strike the right note for me and isn't comfortable viewing. None of the presenters are experts (apart from You Know Who) and whilst the females can rub the lotions and potions on and coo and sniff in amazement, and talk about wonderful results, the men just need to tone it down a tad to carry it off - imo.

On the BE hour last week he said to SJ "how do we apply our lip gloss"? she snapped back "with the brush that comes with it"--she then apologised and said something about it being easy with the brush, but her face said it all.

Latest posts

Back