Michael Perry's Garden TSV 5/2/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Plants2Garden Colour Combinations 10 x 9 cm Collection

Attachments

• Plant.jpg
    Plant.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 61
Verbena, they come in lovely colours. I get some every year, (June - ish). Bet these are tiny spindly things you have to cosset for 6 weeks before you can plant up. (Had some Antirrhinums last year that arrived half dead, they sent me some more, but they were just as bad :(.) Our Morrys sell the verbena at a quid each, so I will get some there. They do tend to be £1.50 each at the garden centre and I have had some from there as well, bigger choice of colour than the supermarket. Wonder what price they will be.

Catz, the sets I got were 2 big planters with ready to plant plants. I put 5 in each pot and they were really lovely all through the summer. Think there was an option of pink or blue and I had the pink. You can of course get cheaper at the supermarkets but these were all chosen to flower together and you didn't have to grow them on. I'll be looking, I may not be buying as I'm cutting back on purchases of any sort.

CC

They always plonk lobelia in. You can get a 8/10 for a quid anywhere really. Not fond of petunias although last year got a red one with black stripes, it was very nice. I like million bells but i like the vibrant colours. Is that bidens at the bottom? I got an orangie/red with yellow one last year and it is still flowering now. That is good value, it should have died off about October.

2 of each plant is not great unless its a smallish planter/pot so you could put 5 in each. Mind you there is scope to buy at least three lots if you have like me a hanging basket, Large window box and two small cube containers on either side of a bay window. Don't usually buy bedding from QVC as its overpriced but this looks like a nice combination. will see what the price is like. I have some new neighbours and they are really getting on my nerves with their gorgeous expensive plants lol

Even buying from Thompson and Morgan you can get some deals. The plants can be fiddly but I manage as I have years of experience with gardening. Last year the lack of sun caused havoc to gardening suppliers and gardeners alike.

Local nursery (on the Wirral) usually sells a good selection of individual hanging basket plants to £13 for any 10. Hence me passing on QVCs offer! Did buy 5 dianthus from them last year, only 2 have survived. And they weren't cheap. I have learnt my lesson.

I think I'll save my money for perennials as although the bedding is lovely when in bloom, once summer's over they fade away. I've got some gorgeous acers from Plants2Gardens and a couple of fruit trees and they come back better every year so much more worth the money.

Saying that I'll probably see the show and be tempted to buy lol. Must not. The ones I had the last time included the pots and they were all colour co-ordinated, not lucky dips.

CC

Plants2Gardens are superb, but I’m not getting this TSV because I always buy perennials as it saves potting annuals and then faffing about at the end of their season.

Plants2Gardens are superb, but I’m not getting this TSV because I always buy perennials as it saves potting annuals and then faffing about at the end of their season.
Thats a good point. The summer stuff gets trashed by the end of th season then you have to buy the winter stuff.

Some P2G primulas just arrived (don't remember ordering those!) and they are all ready to go straight into my empty hanging basket. Really healthy plants but £20 delivered for primulas is a bit steep right enough, however, they are supposed to be a new colour so we'll see.

CC

Latest posts

Back