Michelle Mone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flogging cheap jewellery on Q , but what about her tax payer funded House of Lords gravy train expenses which appear to be out of all proportion to what ordinary people have to live by.

Good luck to anyone who gets wealth by their own means but it sticks in my craw that as a tax payer I am subsidising people like her .What she brings to the HoL s I do not know. What do any of them bring for that matter.

I am sure that it is just a coincidence that she, a member of the House of Lords is now domiciled on the Isle of Man with it's very favourable tax rates.

From Google...There is no capital gains tax, there is no inheritance tax, there is no corporation tax, there is no stamp duty, and income tax comes in very low indeed: the top rate is 20%. It is also capped at £120,000. No one pays more.

Like I said I am sure it is just a coincidence....

I am sure that it is just a coincidence that she, a member of the House of Lords is now domiciled on the Isle of Man with it's very favourable tax rates.

From Google...There is no capital gains tax, there is no inheritance tax, there is no corporation tax, there is no stamp duty, and income tax comes in very low indeed: the top rate is 20%. It is also capped at £120,000. No one pays more.

And she's a uk law maker - that's disgusting.

......or could it be a case of having good financial sense to look after every penny (save tax on the money we tax payers pay her and the other H of L wasters)

Last edited:
Mmmmm---very sumptuous & money no object.Even If I had this wealth & had earned it through my own efforts I don't think I would flaunt it.I only have to watch the News each night to see the horrors and those in great need I would feel I could do more than surround myself with such opulence & put it out there for all to see.Of course they are not the only ones who do this.

Good of her dad to get in on the pictures.........what?!.......that's her latest rich lover you say?!........ooops! :mysmilie_17:

I get the impression from that article that it all belongs to the boyfriend. All a bit too ostentatious for me, as if it were designed for a Saudi prince with more oil wells than taste.

I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the woman I don't like.

I see she's also starting a range of home interiors - what's the betting she will have range on Q of mugs, garden furniture and busts (statues not bosoms) ?

ERIC'S MUM, could it be the flying home from her luxury holiday to make sure the bill to cut working tax credits(for working people whose employers do not pay them enough to live on) went through the lord's? Then the bill was shelved after the outcry.

ERIC'S MUM, could it be the flying home from her luxury holiday to make sure the bill to cut working tax credits(for working people whose employers do not pay them enough to live on) went through the lord's? Then the bill was shelved after the outcry.

It shows her contempt and lack of compassion for the less well off, I could never in a million years begrudge, no matter what the circumstances, help to the less fortunate and I'd hate to live my life as that kind of person. As far as the house goes, that's what it is a house, it's certainly not a home, you'd be scared to move in it or let the dog come in after a good muddy play in the park, now to me that's a home were we can all snuggle up and not need an email or txt message to talk to someone else in it. :mysmilie_17:

That will do for starters !

That will do for starters !

I don't thinkit was the Lords ,I think it was the commons that sunk that.

Well maybe she could campaign for higher wages so that people aren't reliant on tax credits.It just makes everyone reliant on the state and subsidises buisnesses that ought to be paying decent wages .The taxpayer merry go round.Big business is the winner all round.

I haven't heard her campaigning for anything except herself.

I don't thinkit was the Lords ,I think it was the commons that sunk that.

Well maybe she could campaign for higher wages so that people aren't reliant on tax credits.It just makes everyone reliant on the state and subsidises buisnesses that ought to be paying decent wages .The taxpayer merry go round.Big business is the winner all round.

I haven't heard her campaigning for anything except herself.

She is supposed to have come from a normal working class background and 'made good' as the saying goes.I don't begrudge or envy her for that as I have also done so in a small way.ie myself and family are comfortable and want no more.I find however, that many people in her position soon forget their humble roots.The 'little people'that those in government so easily pass by could be them one day.Things can and do change.

It shows her contempt and lack of compassion for the less well off, I could never in a million years begrudge, no matter what the circumstances, help to the less fortunate and I'd hate to live my life as that kind of person. As far as the house goes, that's what it is a house, it's certainly not a home, you'd be scared to move in it or let the dog come in after a good muddy play in the park, now to me that's a home were we can all snuggle up and not need an email or txt message to talk to someone else in it. :mysmilie_17:

I would love to walk a herd of cows though that show home.It is not a cosy place to feel secure and warm in at all.

I would love to walk a herd of cows though that show home.It is not a cosy place to feel secure and warm in at all.

Yeah me too, although by the time they got the other side she'd have no doubt made them in to rugs. Money can't buy class.

Latest posts

Back