Misinformation and lies!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_daze

Registered Shopper
I've just been watching Jackie Kabler and the so called expert from Bose selling the Bose music system.
The Man from Bose said that you can receive stations from all over the country on DAB. Jackie Kabler then says, "I can get stations from France and all over the World on my DAB"

Let me tell you now, this is simply untrue! To receive stations from all over the World, you would need either an internet radio, or short wave radio. The range of DAB, is no greater than that of FM. The Bose system is not internet capable.

So on one hand, you are being lied to by Jackie, and misinformed or lied to by the Man from Bose.

This is not the first time I've heard this nonsense on QVC, I've heard that Abbey Woman come out with the same rubbish!

I've just been watching Jackie Kabler and the so called expert from Bose selling the Bose music system.
The Man from Bose said that you can receive stations from all over the country on DAB. Jackie Kabler then says, "I can get stations from France and all over the World on my DAB"

Let me tell you now, this is simply untrue! To receive stations from all over the World, you would need either an internet radio, or short wave radio. The range of DAB, is no greater than that of FM. The Bose system is not internet capable.

So on one hand, you are being lied to by Jackie, and misinformed or lied to by the Man from Bose.

This is not the first time I've heard this nonsense on QVC, I've heard that Abbey Woman come out with the same rubbish!
I'm probably about to get blocked by the Q from twatter for posting the same on their Twitter feed and it's something they can't delete as if on my page and tagged to them. The only way they can get rid is by blocking me..

They're all on another planet though so maybe on Zog they do get interplanetary broadcasts.

Keep us posted, talisker.

I sometimes look on their FB page (am not on FB myself) and for the past few days I have not been able to open the comments below either their own or visitor,posts. I saw one post calling them Liars for showing Amex on a website page (too small to see but think may have been the shopping basket) and as that has been on here I wanted to see what was said, but I just get the buffering symbol. Most odd. Have they blocked access? Or is it just my iPad?

Keep us posted, talisker.

I sometimes look on their FB page (am not on FB myself) and for the past few days I have not been able to open the comments below either their own or visitor,posts. I saw one post calling them Liars for showing Amex on a website page (too small to see but think may have been the shopping basket) and as that has been on here I wanted to see what was said, but I just get the buffering symbol. Most odd. Have they blocked access? Or is it just my iPad?

Ooh, what was that about Amex (my pet subject at the moment!)?

Ooh, what was that about Amex (my pet subject at the moment!)?

It is by Pauline Duval, 23 hours ago on visitor,posts.

Screen shot with Amex logo circled and the word LIARS!!! as the message. I cannot open the 6 comments below though. Do let me know what they say if you can see them!

There was thread on here QVC are stopping or stopped accepting Amex.
the first few times we tried DAB, we took them back as could not get any signal in some rooms. Now signal better but not always as many stations as the website claim.

It bugs me when they say they're the only place you can get such and such, when anyone with the internet can check that they're lying, Alison Young is a bugger for doing that and she's always found out to be wrong. QVC rely on their "fan base" who either can't be arsed Googling to find it cheaper, or don't dont care that they're paying dearer, or more money than sense as I like to call it.

Jackie's probably got one of those combination radios that a few companies do (like Roberts) that are a DAB radio combined with an Internet radio - so you can get broadcasts from all over. Still no excuse for confusing the very limited capabilities of the BOSE product. The BOSE rep should know his stuff.

There was thread on here QVC are stopping or stopped accepting Amex.

That was me who started the thread on QVC stopping Amex. It's a bugbear of mine at the moment but (the good news!), I have really, really cut down on QVC purchases since they stopped taking Amex so QVC's loss and I'm quids in!

Screen shot with Amex logo circled and the word LIARS!!! as the message. I cannot open the 6 comments below though. Do let me know what they say if you can see them!

Thanks for that. This is the conversation on FB - hope it's legible. There are quite a few responses in defence of QVC, as usual.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 12.56.19.jpg

Sorry, my screenshot is not legible at all. Hope this makes sense (copied and pasted):

Pauline Duval
I have paid using American Express for years now and they no longer take it. On the ordering page is is listed as one of the major cards they take. This is simply not true. It is one of the major cards they DO NOT take. I think I have plenty reason to be annoyed!

Kim Williams
And being addressed!

Pauline Duval
By taking the picture of the card off but not by taking it as payment! I am annoyed they no longer accept the card.

QVC UK
Apologies for the disappointment caused, Pauline. We have passed on your feedback regarding American Express to the departments concerned. Joe x

Marc Bowyer
Its a stupid card that loads of places don't accept. Could you not get a normal credit or debit card.

Pauline Duval
I have but I don't get 1% cashbook on them!

Pauline Duval
Loads of places do accept it btw. Sainsburys, m&s, argos, asda, Superdrug etc etc

Marc Bowyer
I work for a huge company thats actually removing it as a payment method as the fees are ridiculous. Its great if it gives you cashback. Personally I do best out of my John Lewis Partnership card. Ended up with £200 of vouchers over the course of this year. M&S card is brilliant too and with good interest rates

Pauline Duval
I don't shop much in John Lewis. Amex gives me CASH to spend where I like about £300 a year.

Thanks for that! I only ever had a corporate Amex years ago, but even then some places didn't take them. I think that number has grown quite a lot over the years.

I wonder why my iPad won't open the comments.... still I shan't bother investigating, just save the time I would have spent on their FB page!!!!

My Bose Radio doesn't pick up foreign stations at least none that I can determine Theres a lot of crackle and static in between the UK stations which sound good.

There is so much misinformation given out and I think they rely on the fact many of us don't really get the intricacies of tech stuff.

I learned my lesson when purchasing a lap top from Q 6 months ago , meant to have all singing /dancing programmes etc,a really great deal, when in fact they did not mention you have to sign up and buy them all after a short trial period. Lies by omission so far as I'm concerned.

I would never buy anything like that from them in future. Gradually my purchasing is getting close to nil.

Lies by omission is right. They did the same with the Acer Switch - made claims about it having protection from McAfee but failed to mention that you had to pay for it after 30 or 60 days or so. Luckily, I don't like McAfee and use AVG, but I'd have been peeved if it was something I'd really needed with that machine. Like you, my spending is almost nil now.

I was able to see the comments yesterday. As you can imagine all the groupies wanted to run her out of town. At that time I didn't see anything from Q but sure it would be xx this smilie face that. (Gee that really really bugs me, totally unprofessional and I don't bl**dy care how it is the modern way, no it isn't, it is total rubbish)

The awful awful Techie Abbi has just said how wonderful the "cheap" electric bike is as she can cycle to the pub have Sunday lunch and wine and cycle home.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the drink driving laws apply to cyclists as motorists?

And don't you know it's "the cheapest way (battery) you will get to work". - I think Miss Abbi you will find that peddle power is completely free.

God I hate that woman!!

The awful awful Techie Abbi has just said how wonderful the "cheap" electric bike is as she can cycle to the pub have Sunday lunch and wine and cycle home.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the drink driving laws apply to cyclists as motorists?

And don't you know it's "the cheapest way (battery) you will get to work". - I think Miss Abbi you will find that peddle power is completely free.

God I hate that woman!!
Yes, if you are on the road you can be charged if you are drunk but not banned as not in a car. So I am not sure what you could be charged with.

What an absolutely appalling statement to make. Even the smallest amount of alcohol can affect your judgement whilst in charge of a road vehicle. Being on a bicycle already makes you a very vulnerable road user, let alone after drinking alcohol. This woman should be sacked for making such a irresponsible and downright dangerous suggestion.

Latest posts

Back