Misinformation and lies!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry, my screenshot is not legible at all. Hope this makes sense (copied and pasted):

Pauline Duval
I have paid using American Express for years now and they no longer take it. On the ordering page is is listed as one of the major cards they take. This is simply not true. It is one of the major cards they DO NOT take. I think I have plenty reason to be annoyed!

Kim Williams
And being addressed!

Pauline Duval
By taking the picture of the card off but not by taking it as payment! I am annoyed they no longer accept the card.

QVC UK
Apologies for the disappointment caused, Pauline. We have passed on your feedback regarding American Express to the departments concerned. Joe x

Marc Bowyer
Its a stupid card that loads of places don't accept. Could you not get a normal credit or debit card.

Pauline Duval
I have but I don't get 1% cashbook on them!

Pauline Duval
Loads of places do accept it btw. Sainsburys, m&s, argos, asda, Superdrug etc etc

Marc Bowyer
I work for a huge company thats actually removing it as a payment method as the fees are ridiculous. Its great if it gives you cashback. Personally I do best out of my John Lewis Partnership card. Ended up with £200 of vouchers over the course of this year. M&S card is brilliant too and with good interest rates

Pauline Duval
I don't shop much in John Lewis. Amex gives me CASH to spend where I like about £300 a year.

Kim and Marc obviously belong to the QVC "family", what a pair of chesticles. :mysmilie_17:

Kim and Marc obviously belong to the QVC "family", what a pair of chesticles. :mysmilie_17:

Their devotion is odd! And isn't it odd too how the QVC admin always seem to have names that end in x - Joex, Rachelx and Leex?

The awful awful Techie Abbi has just said how wonderful the "cheap" electric bike is as she can cycle to the pub have Sunday lunch and wine and cycle home.

Now please correct me if I'm wrong but don't the drink driving laws apply to cyclists as motorists?

And don't you know it's "the cheapest way (battery) you will get to work". - I think Miss Abbi you will find that peddle power is completely free.

God I hate that woman!!

I hope her little Daughter who she always refers to when flogging products was not riding pillion.

Their devotion is odd! And isn't it odd too how the QVC admin always seem to have names that end in x - Joex, Rachelx and Leex?

Must be a QVC job spec requirement :mysmilie_17: I see there's a Joex there, how appropriate that it's pronounced Jokes, if ever a name was more fitting, it's that one.

I posted well over a year ago about the lying Abby saying that the VQ radio she was flogging would pick up DAB radio stations from all over the world.

She has absolutely no idea what she is talking about, but I am surprised that BOSE are now telling the same lies.

I posted well over a year ago about the lying Abby saying that the VQ radio she was flogging would pick up DAB radio stations from all over the world.

She has absolutely no idea what she is talking about, but I am surprised that BOSE are now telling the same lies.

I don't know whether the 'experts'actually work for Bose.?Anyway it was a brand that I respected but now it has gone down a little bit in my estimation as they must know how their products are being represented on this tacky channel.

I am furious that they have items advertised as Black Friday bargains at the same price that I paid when I bought them a week or two ago.

I was looking at jewellery for ideas for presents so I am very well aware of all the prices Q were asking right up until last weekend (bought exactly the same brands elsewhere at much better prices). None of the BF prices are less than those I had noted they were asking up to last week.

Now to me that is downright lies.

I am furious that they have items advertised as Black Friday bargains at the same price that I paid when I bought them a week or two ago.

I was looking at jewellery for ideas for presents so I am very well aware of all the prices Q were asking right up until last weekend (bought exactly the same brands elsewhere at much better prices). None of the BF prices are less than those I had noted they were asking up to last week.

After Christmas, all the decs will go to "clearance" then "last clicks" till 25th of July when they become "Christmas In July" prices, QVC will never take a hit, they don't have to I suppose while the QVC faithful are still buying regardless of wether they're being ripped of or not.

What I like about Q on Christmas Day is that the show is recorded. No ipads, no twatting and no arsebook. You will still have those bin lids on arsebook posting questions to the onscreen presenters and getting really stressed and anxious that they are not getting replies. I reckon that arsebook will be fun on Christmas Day. Also, and this is just me being silly, do the arsebook bin lids form a queue like they do in the high street for the Boxing Day sales, will they all be queuing for the start of business for the Q sale....??

Black Friday is all hype, most of the prices on the dreaded high street and on line have been cheaper in the sales than they are on Black Friday and cyber Monday. It's that must have mentality that makes it what it is.. I never buy on those days as the deals will be better in the weeks to come as stores get desperate to shift unsold stock before Christmas.

I've just been watching Jackie Kabler and the so called expert from Bose selling the Bose music system.
The Man from Bose said that you can receive stations from all over the country on DAB. Jackie Kabler then says, "I can get stations from France and all over the World on my DAB"

Let me tell you now, this is simply untrue! To receive stations from all over the World, you would need either an internet radio, or short wave radio. The range of DAB, is no greater than that of FM. The Bose system is not internet capable.

So on one hand, you are being lied to by Jackie, and misinformed or lied to by the Man from Bose.

This is not the first time I've heard this nonsense on QVC, I've heard that Abbey Woman come out with the same rubbish!

I've had a DAB radio for years and can only get a few channels on it! Hard to get reception on DAB :mysmilie_10:

I've had a DAB radio for years and can only get a few channels on it! Hard to get reception on DAB :mysmilie_10:

I've had DAB for years too. Plenty of stations here in the West Midlands, but mainly all the same type of pop stations. The only thing I like on DAB is Radio 4 Extra for the old radio comedy shows.

DAB is over rated anyway, audio quality is better on FM, due to the low bit rates used on DAB in the UK.

Latest posts

Back