Misinformation and lies!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had a DAB radio for years and can only get a few channels on it! Hard to get reception on DAB :mysmilie_10:

I agree. I love digital radio, but there are only certain places in my home that get reception, and I can never get all the channels. Work needs to be done on digital coverage and reception before "they" switch the analogue signal off.

My other half has said for years that there are better systems out there. He is an electronics engineer that has worked in the military communications for years.

Do many of these reps. know their stuff? I've often thought that the company must have plucked someone off the street to be a guest, as they dither and faff about. And don't get me started on the clothing reps. who can't even recognise the colour description of the items they're flogging.

Jackie's probably got one of those combination radios that a few companies do (like Roberts) that are a DAB radio combined with an Internet radio - so you can get broadcasts from all over. Still no excuse for confusing the very limited capabilities of the BOSE product. The BOSE rep should know his stuff.

In the demo, he said it would work straight out of the box, you just had to plug it in.

"THERE WAS NO SETUP REQUIRED"

He then turned it on, the clock time said zero, then 1, then 2 etc during the demo.

In other words, out of the box and turned on for the first time, the clock reads midnight. That is unlike every other DAB radio I have (about 6) where the clock automatically sets itself to the correct ACCURATE time.

On the Bose, it is quite a palaver to set the time, you are lucky if you can set it within a minute of the actual time, and then it gradually drifts (gains or loses) because the clock chip in it does not seem very accurate.

It is like going back to the dark ages, I think even cassette recorders from 30 years ago set their own time.

AND NOT ONLY THAT, there is a battery to keep the time going if you turn off the radio at the mains, which will only keep it going for 3 days according to the manual. Then you have to pay out ££££s for another 9V alkaline battery.

And I suppose if you leave the radio switched on, the battery may eventually start leaking as they usually do after a few years.

Latest posts

Back