Model Behaviour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
I've noticed a few things relating to our moggles lately.

Firstly, the newcomers. Lots of them. Mainly terrible too. There was a dark haired one on the Gabby Skye frock show Saturday evening who couldn't walk in heels. And every time she turned to show the back of the dress she smoothed the dress down across her bum with both hands as if she were checking her booty in her mirror at home. Totally wrong. I imagined Sharon and Goody texting eachother about it
"Shar ave u seen state of this 1 with the hair? cant walk.. hilaire luv Goodyx"
"Hi Hun I no! i cant take eyes off! old too! u still on for pizza xpress tomoz? love Shazza"

I mean I'm all for new faces but a basic requirement is that a model can walk in heels in a dress. Someone have a word with casting.

Secondly, the smiling and looking into the camera. I know they ALWAYS smile and look at the camera but I reckon there's been some edict that they weren't smiling enough because now they all smile and look at the camera like maniacs ALL the time even when the natural thing to do would be NOT to smile and look into the camera. Like when a make up artist is stood to your side, and asks you to turn to face him so he can apply lipstick, the model is still trying to look at the camera and smile while he's doing it. Whats that about? it looks ridic.

Thirdly, and this is bugging the bejeezus out of me at the moment, the Gatineu promo. It's the one where the old bag and two younger types are "acting" doing girly chat on the sofa with various G products. It's possible that we're being asked to believe its three generations of women of something cringey like that. Anyway the old girl waves a tube of something, laughing, as if to say "I wouldn't be without this one kids!" and the camera cuts to a shot of the younger one giving the oldie a right dirty look up and down as if to say "get away from me you stinking old biddy". Then at the end of the ad they all come out the front door arm in arm, trying and failing to look like they know each other, and for a split second the old girl commits the cardinal acting sin and looks into the camera. It's only for a split second but she completely pulls focus. I wait for it as soon as I hear the music start just so I can shake my fist at the telly.

Sounds like someone has FAR too much time on his hands this weekend.

BB: turn the telly off and go for a walk or summat love. You're liable to burst a blood vessel at this rate :nod:

You mean you're not up on your roof making lurve or removing asbestos or summat? If it's raining watch out for shrinkage: Mr Akimbo and I were on our garage roof in the rather chilly rain last night wiv Mr Shu and the neighbours were larffing at his embarrassent.

Oh back on the moggles topic...yes yes and thrice yes to all your observations!

J xx

In the Gabby show Beth was driving me mad, every thing she wore she was stretching over and over again. Yes dear we get the message, it stretches. She is like the teachers pet in class, you know the one who always answered questions first. What ever the presenter mentioned Beth pointed to it with that god awful smirk on her face. I had to turn off it was so annoying, why doesn't someone tell her to stop stretching the clothes over and over again.

In the Gabby show Beth was driving me mad, every thing she wore she was stretching over and over again. Yes dear we get the message, it stretches. She is like the teachers pet in class, you know the one who always answered questions first. What ever the presenter mentioned Beth pointed to it with that god awful smirk on her face. I had to turn off it was so annoying, why doesn't someone tell her to stop stretching the clothes over and over again.

Not only that but I noticed that she always lifted one shoulder up as well. What with that and JF I too switched it off.

Missed him this time round so haven't seen the stubble. Seems a sweet guy, even if his milky/slinky clothes are dire, but I have to say he does normally look as if he's escaped from Mme Tussauds.

The model that's irritating me the most is thenewplussizemodelthatisntJoy who has one pose and that's arm akimbo with left hand superglued to hip. It really isn't rational, but it drives me mad! Thank God she's not on often.

The only models I don't like are Beth and Rene,very irritating. Good to see older model Jane back,I remember she used to do a lot of beauty shows in the past,they probably wouldn't have her on those now because of her cosmetic surgery--alledgedly.

One of the models on IW said that qvc told her she was too fat to model, take a look on utube at the model getting wrapped up in a curtain its a howler and theres loads more to laugh at

only one i can't stand is beth. i've never seen anyone look more unnatural and self-concious in front of the camera. she doesn't have one natural expression - she just pulls a series of stupid faces. totally beyond me how she got a job on television.

One of the models on IW said that qvc told her she was too fat to model, take a look on utube at the model getting wrapped up in a curtain its a howler and theres loads more to laugh at

That was Joe with cropped hair. Q didn't tell her she was fat, they said she was too big for the channel, i.e. gobby. She runs a modelling agency.

Jo Skinner was a great model on QVC. They could do with a few more like her, but she did speak her mind so maybe that didn't suit the' powers that be'.

Latest posts

Back