Money Not Taken Happen To Anyone Else????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Okay I bought the duo Honora Pearls floating necklaces last Thursday afternoon used 3 easy pay code. QVC did the usual authorization thing so the money had not offically left my bank account but was floating. So they finally post the necklaces on Sunday and I checked my bank account today expecting to see it had finally come out. But no, the authorization had gone back into my account and QVC have not actually taken any money at all. So they took money and it has dropped back into the bank account without any money at all coming out for the necklaces!

Now I phoned CS to find out what was happening? Not sure if I explained it properly as the girl just said,"Oh it can take 7 days for it to come out of your account." Well it never has before. Usually the authorization money is taken and then offically leaves my account when they ship. Not this time. Full amount still stilling there.:wonder:

So has anyone else had a item shipped out and no money at all taken for it?

I had an Elemis something or other where they only took the first easy pay but they didn't take the second and third until about six months later. I hadn't realised it at the time so when suddenly £60 hit my card I was a bit stunned. But they were correct and I hadn't paid. Wasn't very convenient but I owed the money so that was that. That about two years ago though and it was on a credit card.

Now the last two final easy pays over this year I had to phone up and pay. CS had no idea why on each occasion the final easy pay had not been requested. I write on my calender when the money should come out each time, wait for a week and when no money showed any signs of coming out phoned up.

Yes I am paranoid incase they think I am trying to pull a fast one by not paying.

I now keep a note of my easy pays and tick them off so it wouldn't go unnoticed again. And funny enough it hadn't happened since I've been checking.

I had something similar with a Peony order. My available balance was reduced immediately but then it went back on and then went out straightaway when the flowers were dispatched direct from Peony, not the warehouse on Merseyside.

I find in general that QVC commitments tend to take longer to come from my debit card than when I use it in shops or with other on-line retailers. It also annoys me that the payments are never 30 days apart - I keep a spreadsheet now because I got fed up of chasing them about unexpected debits on my account or expected debits not showing. I've told them it would be much more 'convenient' if their confirmation order listed the easy payments and the dates on which they would fall.

I find them slow to take payments after authorisation and I also think it would be really helpful if the online account facility showed when you have bought an item on easy pay and approx when the payments will be taken. I do write mine down on the calendar but in this technologically advanced age I too should maybe start doing spreadsheets if I can recall how!

I have had an item on the usual QVC return sheet the purchase cost is marked as £0.00
However The transaction appeared confirmed on my Mastercard statement, at date of dispatch. I really dont know why the total amount shows up as £0.00 sometimes.. its very confusing, anyone else had '£0.00' ??

Latest posts

Back