My make up stockpile

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:star: Thanks Love A'Kin ( and so do I), and RedT for your advice.

LA'K: unfortunately I don't have a digital camera. :sad: My mobile is an old Siemens A60 purchased years before the introduction of 'photo/internet/tea-making' mobiles. Makes me sound so old fashioned! :dull:

If I'm accepted into the FARTS, I should save enough (in return postage alone) to enter into the C21 and buy a digital camera or upgrade my mobile :nod:

Bless you LAK, I like you very much!!!!:flower:

Don't thank me honey - Them's the rules! :D

Planned purchase of stuff you love - YES

Impulse buy because of hype and sales techniques - NO. (Well not until we've thought hard about the pros and cons for a good long while anyway!)

:fart2:

:star: Thanks Love A'Kin ( and so do I), and RedT for your advice.

LA'K: unfortunately I don't have a digital camera. :sad: My mobile is an old Siemens A60 purchased years before the introduction of 'photo/internet/tea-making' mobiles. Makes me sound so old fashioned! :dull:

If I'm accepted into the FARTS, I should save enough (in return postage alone) to enter into the C21 and buy a digital camera or upgrade my mobile :nod:

I don't even have a mobile my lovely! I used to but gave mine to my daughter and the found I didn't miss it at all. (and actually enjoyed the peace and quite without that thing chuntering away in my bag all the time!)

You don't need an especially good camera, either - I started with a Barbie one! Then I borrowed a good one and got spoiled by how much better my pics were so hubby bought me a half decent one for my birthday - but it wasn't all that expensive.

I love my canon powershot A430 cos it's so easy - and they go on "The Bay" :D for peanuts sometimes look:

http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/Di...ksid=p3286.c0.m14&_udhi=&_udlo=&_sop=15&_sc=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-PowerSh...s_JN?hash=item4a9a1baaba&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I went to a beauty convention in Vegas in 2003 and had a make-over with a top LM MA. I looked so awful that when I passed a Trish counter and saw the gorgeously made up MA there, I asked her to sort me. When I got back to the room DH was so impressed that he sneaked off to see the MA, bought loads of stuff and arranged for her to do my m/u again for our wedding. She was wonderful - she arranged a freebie massage with Jo Malone and my hair done for free at their in-store salon.

I have to say, though, that although the m/u is lovely, I did get some flash bounce from the powder. I should have used my ERA (another convention freebie) for the pics. Now that stuff really is the DBs for special occasions!

Sounds fabulous.

Oh ERA. Well I bought 6 of them from SpaceNK when they sold them off at £11.25 each. Sold one to someone I know. The thing was it seemed to make me very shiney for a mineral makeup which was water based. I preferred to spray it on my hand and work with the puff rather than spraying the bathroom.

The Drop is one of the extra boards you gain access to when you become a VIP Member, and selling on "The Bay" (loving that!) is ever so easy if you have a digital camera or can take pics on your phone.

The site basically takes you through how to do step by step.

PS I'm OK with keeping things that I have always applied with a brush - or even clean fingers, But anything that was directly applied to my mouth must be teeming with bacteria after a few years, surely?

I would throw lip gloss that has the doe foot applicator away, but lipsticks can be dipped into (over 90%) surgical spirit and disenfected, that is what people who swap used lippies do. I wouldn't personally but would think it would be fine to disenfect your own lipstick.

Latest posts

Back