Nails inc nail varnish - does it need thinning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I applied a blue teal (Gosfield Street) Nails Inc varnish from an old TSV and it is going on thick. I shook it to mix it a couple of hours before app!ying it. It is hot here, 25c indoors. Do you think it is the temperature or do I need to thin it even though the bottle is virtually full? What thinner should I use? I have a bottle of Leighton Denny corrector f!uid, could I use that to thin it?

I applied a blue teal (Gosfield Street) Nails Inc varnish from an old TSV and it is going on thick. I shook it to mix it a couple of hours before app!ying it. It is hot here, 25c indoors. Do you think it is the temperature or do I need to thin it even though the bottle is virtually full? What thinner should I use? I have a bottle of Leighton Denny corrector f!uid, could I use that to thin it?

If its too thick to apply you've got nothing to lose by trying any old thinner you've got. I've found some nails inc polishes prone to thickening very quickly and becoming unusable. Sods law its the shades I liked best

I have an old small bottle of OPI nail lacquer thinner. You use about 2 - 3 drops per bottle. Worked on all sorts of polishes, cheap to expensive. Would imagine any thinner would do the same. I found it good stuff. But always make sure the top is on tight, as i didn't use it for almost a year and couldn't have tightened the top enough and found that it had evaporated quite a bit.

Try whacking it in the fridge for a bit and see if it thins down before you start adding anything to it.

I have an old small bottle of OPI nail lacquer thinner. You use about 2 - 3 drops per bottle. Worked on all sorts of polishes, cheap to expensive. Would imagine any thinner would do the same. I found it good stuff. But always make sure the top is on tight, as i didn't use it for almost a year and couldn't have tightened the top enough and found that it had evaporated quite a bit.

where did you get the OPI thinner?

A few years ago when I was in Malaysia, my friend could not get the nails inc to set outside, had to apply in room with air con.

I agree, try keeping it in the fridge for a while (24 hours) first to see if that solves it? Never had any probs with Nails Inc getting thick and it's been 32 degrees here last couple days but I think it like mad just before applying and pop in fridge when I remember!

Coughs, I keep all my polishes in the fridge door all year round.

I think if polish goes thick its because the lid was not put on properly or tight enough???

It always used to happen to OPI Nail Envy it went thick before you got to the bottle of a bottle. Also Nail Eat and Nail Drink same thing.

Latest posts

Back