Best Nail Brand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

xstamper

Registered Shopper
I wondered what nail polish brand most people preferred because they have a few on QVC. I bought Leight Denny a while ago and was not very impressed; it was a TSV with lots of little bottles and they were very thick and there were a lot of reviews complaining about the same problem also I found using his brand my nails got into terrible condition; lots of splitting etc which I have never had before. I tried a full sized bottle and it looked very worn and tatty after just one day. Got some Nails Inc the other day and very impressed at the moment, they seem to have a lovely finish without top coats etc and very hard wearing.

I just wondered what others thought of the QVC brands?

I only use OPI Nail Envy but think I am in a rut really. Don't do colour 'cos my nails aren't nice enough to flaunt 'cos of health issues but NE hasn't really done much regardless. Having said that anything is better than Sally Hansen, I have found this brand to be far too harsh.

Well first choice is one QVC no longer sell. Essie, fabulous colour choices no nasties in theirs, next would be OPI. I only use colour on my toes nails, Leighton Denny chipped like mad very quickly. Never actually bought Nails Inc but was treated to a mani long ago instore and was not impressed so never bought any of their stuff.

I use Opi, Nail Inc and Leighton and would rate them (IMHO) as follows:

1) Nail Inc dries the fastest but small brush so harder to apply neatly (if you are me!) and tends to chip more. I find it is best for my toe nails - seems to last longer than on my finger nails. Colours aren't as rich/have the depth to them that the other two brands have.
2) Leighton - takes longer to dry but brush is the best and I get a very shiny, glossy look. Great colours and love the cocktailing effect (I prefer this type of 'special effect' on my nails to the crackle etc from Nails Inc/OPI).
3) OPI - great selection of colours, find it lasts the longest without chipping. Good brush. Highly rate their Nail Envy for keeping my nails from breaking.

Bottom line - if I like the colour of the polish I will buy from any of them as they all have good/bad points :sun:

I love OPI for their colours and their brushes & formula. Those pro-wide brushes means I can paint a nail in 2 strokes rather than 4-5 which means the polish goes on smoothly and without streaks. However, I find their sheers still difficult and am waiting for an order of some Essies who have a great reputation for sheer formulas.

Never tried Nails Inc because unless you're buying a TSV they are so expensive - they're in the same price range as Chanel for heaven's sake but IMO the colours don't justify it. And to add insult to injury they're launching in the US at about half the price !

Now i have tried nails inc, opi and leighton denny and my comments would be
Nails inc-just doesnt stay on my nails nomatter how i apply or or which top coat i use but love some of the colours so i wish it would
Opi- again doesnt stay on my nails very few colurs i really want so not to bothered nail envy did absolutly nothing for my nails
Leighton denny- best staying power lasts at least a week and love his renovate cream has made the ridges on my thumb dissapear some of his colours i love but some are just not suitable for me
Pro strong- total waste of money!

So overall i tend to favour leighton denny but if only i could get nails inc to stay on my nails would probably use it as i love the colours, but no matter what it just wont :(

Best nail treatment - OPI's Nail Envy.

For everything else (except handcream) I use Leighton Denny. I'll still wear OPI polishes but I prefer Leighton's. IMO, his range is the best.

I got the Perfect Formula try me a few weeks ago and find using the gelcoat (pink or clear) give extra longevity to polishes worn over the top, regardless of the brand. It's quite thick and gloopy so helps to camoflage uneven nails. It's expensive for what it is though, I'd only repurchase at an offer price because I quite like to repaint my nails every day or so.
My all time fav polishes are the OPI designer series which grew from a beach collection they had many years ago (I still have a bottle of Sanderella, Crimsun etc) and the added shimmeriness seems to make them long-lasting.

My main bit of advice is to take time over painting your nails. For a special occasion I might do the base coat the day before and leave an hour between 2 coats of colour (I know that sounds excessive but it soon passes watching a couple of Soaps on TV) and Nails Inc top coat after that.

Jude xx

My two pennies worth:

Love OPI - the nail envy is the only treatment that works. The colours are good.
Nails Inc - ok, but nothing special and not the best coverage.
Leighton Denny - Love the colours and they go on really easily
Pro-strong - Absolutely crap!

The thing is with them all I use the Seche Vite top coat over them and they will then all last a week on my fingers and toes last about a month - although I am usually fed up of the colour and taken it off by then. You can paint this on immediately even when nails still wet and it will dry the lot touch dry in about 5 mins and has a lovely glossy finish. If I want to pep them up in the middle of the week I just add another top coat.

With this top coat you can paint the base, two coats of colour and then the top coat and be done in about 10 mins.

I use Opi, Nail Inc and Leighton and would rate them (IMHO) as follows:

1) Nail Inc dries the fastest but small brush so harder to apply neatly (if you are me!) and tends to chip more. I find it is best for my toe nails - seems to last longer than on my finger nails. Colours aren't as rich/have the depth to them that the other two brands have.
2) Leighton - takes longer to dry but brush is the best and I get a very shiny, glossy look. Great colours and love the cocktailing effect (I prefer this type of 'special effect' on my nails to the crackle etc from Nails Inc/OPI).
3) OPI - great selection of colours, find it lasts the longest without chipping. Good brush. Highly rate their Nail Envy for keeping my nails from breaking.

Bottom line - if I like the colour of the polish I will buy from any of them as they all have good/bad points :sun:

I think Pollybelle has summed it up really well and I would agree with her comments, except I wont buy Nails Inc at all now as I dont like their brushes and they just dont last!

I would have to say I would pick OPI every time although I have got LD on my toes at the moment.

Nails Inc best for me. Leighton Denny.... Bought a TSV last year an unimpressed . Very streaky finish on my nails. A previous poster said nails Inc and Chanel same price. I beg to differ. Single nails Inc polishes are about £12 but I always buy sets of 4 at about £25. I succumbed to a Chanel graphite polish at £17.50 but was SO gorgeous I couldn't resist!

Leighton Denny all the way for me (no sh** Sherlock!). Fab colours, the darker ones have such a gloss and last on me for about a week or more providing I don't do too much washing up! Superb treatment range, even the remover smells lovely. Nails Inc do very nice colours but not necessarily ones I'd want on my fingertips? Never used OPI other than a free bottle yonks ago.

I've tried them all, and I think the longevity / streakiness etc. is down to the particular colour and its formulation. I've experimented with putting top coat one one hand and not on the other, and it made not a jot of difference. If you find one that works, that's no guarantee that everything else in the range will perform to the same standard.

I must say, though, that I recently splashed out on a Chanel varnish (Black Pearl), and it was super-easy to apply, and lasted for days, longer than any other varnish I've used. Worth the £17.50, I think. And I do miss Anna Sui varnishes, which were scented and a pleasure to apply.

I have quite oily nails and no nail varnish lasts for more than three days on me. Even the two or three week manicures offered in salons only last ten days max.

I prefer OPI because to my mind they're the easiest to get right every te. I love some of the LD colours and do use them but some of his colours are easier to apply than others. Having said that though if you get LD polish right it looks amazing. I have a few Nails Inc colours but they're the most difficult to apply I think.

I am currently wearing OPI Dulce de Leche on my fingers (my absolute favourite colour and has been for about 18 months - a creamy latte colour with a hint of pink) and NI Brompton Place on my toes. It's a bugger to apply but it's a true bubblegum pink.

I think Pollybelle has summed it up really well and I would agree with her comments, except I wont buy Nails Inc at all now as I dont like their brushes and they just dont last!

I would have to say I would pick OPI every time although I have got LD on my toes at the moment.

I was about to post similarly but found you have saved me from typing that all out! :nod:

I also like Supernail but QVC (and later Ideal World) stopped stocking it many moons ago.

OPI every time for me mainly because of the foolproof (almost) pro-wide brush, which makes application really easy even for a klutz like me. Always use Princesses Rule ( a pale frosted pink) on my fingers and at the moment Pamplona purple on my toes.
I quite liked Leighton Denny's shades but not the thinner brush and I did not get on at all with Nails Inc. I found their colours flat and application fiddly.

I'm a Nailc Inc girl I'm afraid. I just can't get on with Leighton Denny polishes at all and I don't really like his colours either.

I love OPI the best.I like the colours that Nail Inc do,but they don't last either in the bottle or on the nail,as well as OPI IMO.I don't like LD's colours (or his attitude!) so I don't buy from him and can't really give you a view,on his stuff.

I did think I had a marvellous find of Mavala in my local chemist-but it chips within 2 dats,so I have to stick to OPI.I buy lots of mine on ebay.

Latest posts

Back