Need advice (bag arrived "used")...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anso

Registered Shopper
I need some advice please. I just received a Kipling bag from QVC. A "used" bag. Well I don't think it's been used as such but several things screams that it's been in someone else's house. The bag is not in the usual plastic clear bag, it's missing all the Kipling tags, smells a bit of women's perfume and has faint speckles of loose glitter on the outside. It looks new/unused but clearly isn't.

Now my problem, I really like this bag. I want to keep it. I was extremely lucky to get it after it sold out. I can not get it anywhere else (QVC only pattern I think) AND it's sold out.

If I'd paid "second hand prices" for it on EBay I would have been happy with my purchase. And I really don't want to return it as I love the bag. What troubles me is having paid full price for something that clearly isn't new :(

Just wondered if anyone else has been in this position please? I guess what I'm wondering is if QVC ever would give some sort of partial refund or something if I complain. Or is the only options to accept it "and be happy" or return for a refund and lose the bag...?

I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance!

yep they may well do so..depends who you ask but I do if I am not happy quite a few times even if its to get the postage back I always ask

I would have thought their response would be put up and shut up or send it back for a refund. I doubt they'd offer you a part refund or it'd be a bit too easy for people to send things back, say they weren't perfect and get something back. Not that I'm saying that's what you're doing of course but you know what I mean. Some people would.

Oh that is a difficult one, I suppose you have to decide how much you really want the bag and what the chances are of it coming back in stock or perhaps getting it from EBay or some similar site in the future. If you really want it I would be tempted to contact Q and explain the issues and see what they say, I would like to think they would offer you some sort of reduction but I would not put money on it! It will be interesting to see what they say, I have just had the Enora and am very please with it, missed it when it was a Tsv! Good luck!

What bag is it anso and what print?

I think my Reth was returned too but tags on looks new but no glitter! It came in plastic with the tell-tale double bar code.

You have your 30 days to keep an eye open on ebay...any stock that appears on Q are likely to be returns too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

You've nothing to lose if you ring CS and try to get some sort of goodwill gesture. If they only give you the choice of keeping it at full price or returning then only you can decide what to do, but if there's no wear and tear then it's only like buying an item that people have handled in a shop. I suppose it just depends how much you want it or how much you don't want to miss out.

Having worked at a big catalogue store in the high street, people returns were put straight back in the stock room for resale, often the item want even checked to see if it was acceptable for resale or even if everything was in the box. Qvc back there self in the corner by always stating that they dont send out returns by lets face it we would be daft to think they didnt. I would definitely call them and see what they say however aslong as the item looks new and is unused and has the tags still on it then i very much doubt they would offer u any kind of good will gesture as they no they can resell it to somebody else.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it! ("Autumn" - it's missing the tags!) I think I will write them a mail tomorrow, if nothing else just to make myself "feel better"/get rid of the frustration and point out that it's not really good enough LOL! If you know what I mean...

What bag is it anso and what print?

I think my Reth was returned too but tags on looks new but no glitter! It came in plastic with the tell-tale double bar code.

You have your 30 days to keep an eye open on ebay...any stock that appears on Q are likely to be returns too.

Double barcode, what does that mean please? My plastic bag has a double barcode!! It's the Ginowan in pink/leopard pattern.

(the other Kipling bag I ordered and also just got is in the usual clear bag, with single barcode, Kipling tags etc as usual - an Adomma in Monkey Mania)

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it! ("Autumn" - it's missing the tags!) I think I will write them a mail tomorrow, if nothing else just to make myself "feel better"/get rid of the frustration and point out that it's not really good enough LOL! If you know what I mean...

Double barcode, what does that mean please? My plastic bag has a double barcode!! It's the Ginowan in pink/leopard pattern.

(the other Kipling bag I ordered and also just got is in the usual clear bag, with single barcode, Kipling tags etc as usual - an Adomma in Monkey Mania)

Ok ask ask them why is it missing the tags then, as this clearly means its a return and be interesting to see what excuse they come up with

Anso I believe that returns that are resold arrive with white stickers on the packaging with 2 barcodes- one larger than the other. Brand new goods never have this and the paperwork is noticably different.

I have noticed this on a few items,especially when a handful of items "suddenly" appear back in stock a few days after selling out. I don't always mind if the item is in very good condition (unworn) But I drew the line at a pair of control knickers that arrived with a double barcode. I rang up and said that they were returns and had the tell tale double barcode. I did not even open the packet and told them this. No attempt was made to deny it, the guy apologised and said the underwear should never have been sent out. They sent me a prepaid label and I was refunded in full including my original postage.

This happened to me with an Altra Sun TSV last year. When I complained that it had been opened and that it was not a new item they told me that they would refund the full cost, p&p and I could keep the items.

As you can see it may be worth a moan. Also post your moans on Facebook as they monitor their page and are very quick to answer if there are moans about something especially if others are joining in.

Good luck

I'm sure that I read on a thread on here that a double barcode usually indicates that the item is a returned item. I may be wrong and I'm sure someone who is more 'in the know' will confirm/deny this.

From your description and the lack of tags it does sound as though it is a return so I'd phone CS and say that you want to keep the bag, as it's now sold out, and would like something credited to your account as a gesture of goodwill. Failing that, maybe an email to Kipling?.

And as, georgesmum suggests .......... post your complaint on Facebook.

I hope you get it resolved soon and to your satisfaction.

if the bag is now in stock,they'll just offer a postage label for your current one,and when they receive that back,they'll send you out another one.You'll have to go through the process of a *new* one being put on hold and them sending it out when they receive your back (which likely,they'll get it wrong and you'll end up with a refund).

Hope I'm wrong and you manage to get some money back and keep the one you've got (ideal solution) but they normally send out another,if its in stock.

Personally I don't think I could be bothered with it all.Nice bag though,one of my faves :up:

I must be missing something as I can't see what the issue is. If you want the item, like the item and don't think its been used what is the issue?buy from a high st store and chances are its been handled and tried on by loads of people before you, often in their home but youd still consider it new and pay full price.

Ooh, I know this one, having returned a ReturnedBrownie ThisVeryDay! Two stickers/barcode with HGRT on it - HardGoodsReTurn. Thanks to the ex-employee who posted here. hth CS will send prepaid label but I had one On'Fridge, so will replace that one when it arrives. x SnarlyListensSomeOfTheTime

I would ask for a pre-paid label & return.However much you like/want I would not pay the price for something & felt was 'used'
'Cutting off my nose to spite my face' but there is bound to be something else you can find to spend your money on which you will like just as much!

Latest posts

Back