Need advice (bag arrived "used")...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received a jacket last year which had obviously been worn so I phoned CS. They apologised and said they'd send me a returns label and give me my P&P back but nothing else.

No harm in asking if you could have the postage back as a gesture of goodwill, I'd definitely ring them rather than write, it's easier to say no in writing lol!

Personally I would still keep the item but stuff like knickers and cosmetics, no way.

For those of you interested in what happened....

I sent a mail the other day and just had a reply. I was impressed as they just apologised and said it would be passed onto the Quality Control team + warehouse and no mention of that "I couldn't possibly have been sent a returned item" or anything like that. I was also offered a £15 refund. I never thought they would really do that so it was nice to see that they did "care" and it wasn't just a case of "return for refund" or "keep to full price". Since the p&p was only 9p on the day I am very happy with the outcome and pleasantly surprised with QVCs reply and handling of this. Of course the item shouldn't really have been sent out in the first place, but that's another matter.

Last edited:

I sent a mail the other day and just had a reply. I was impressed as they just apologised and said it would be passed onto the Quality Control team + warehouse and no mention of that "I couldn't possibly have been sent a returned item" or anything like that. I was also offered a £15 refund. I never thought they would really do that so it was nice to see that they did "care" and it wasn't just a case of "return for refund" or "keep to full price". Since the p&p was only 9p on the day I am very happy with the outcome and pleasantly surprised with QVCs reply and handling of this. Of course the item shouldn't really have been sent out in the first place, but that's another matter.

Great result!! just shows dont ask you dont get lol

told ya! qvc are not that bad when things go bad

I know this is kind up resolved but I'm up late packing for a short visit to family...realised the Mally mascara I just received (first order in ages but I do like it and nowhere else has it!) has two stickers on the outer package (which it was posted in, the mascaras were lose inside). One sticker has a bar code with what looks like an item number. The other has T09 and a bar code on it, plus the QVC return address in small print. Does that all sound normal? The stuff looks ok, I'm just super paranoid over things that go in/near your eyes! If anyone can reassure me I'd be really grateful then I can enjoy wearing the mascara on the trip :wink:

If the rim of the tube appears clean when you first open it I'd say it's probably brand new. Even the first use deposits mascara around the rim. I bought the ionic hair brush for DD and I to share and it also had those sort of stickers on the outer box so I had a similar thought about it being used but the product packaging was still sealed and obviously new. There was also a sticker saying "opened by QVC for quality control" (or words to that effect) so hopefully yours is the same.

It's a shame the mascaras aren't sealed then you'd be reassured that it's never been used.

You could phone QVC CS and query it and ask specifically what the bar-code stickers mean, but I suspect you'll be told they never resell cosmetics.

I hope it doesn't take the edge off your trip.

Jude xx

Thanks Jude, I think you're right because it is pretty hard to use mascara without it being obvious. I agree though sealing them would be good.

Latest posts

Back