New Delivery Times - 5 to 10 Days or 5 to 10 Working Days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

personally i cant watch her. i always feel like she is talking to me like i am a deaf old lady at a bus stop. she always seems to be shouting too. im sure she is very compliant and has great knowledge. but she is like finger nails on a chalk board for me

What about when mikey talks to us like we are 5.... And don't know what ice is.

What about when mikey talks to us like we are 5.... And don't know what ice is.

no no no mr tom, it was steam that we didn't understand about so we got a presentation that even a reception class pupil would have found it a bit simplistic!

no no no mr tom, it was steam that we didn't understand about so we got a presentation that even a reception class pupil would have found it a bit simplistic!

He explained what frost is the other night.

He's wasted on shopping telly.

He explained what frost is the other night.

He's wasted on shopping telly.

perhaps they could bring back something like playschool with Mike and Peter Simon as presenters
'and today through the round window......'

perhaps they could bring back something like playschool with Mike and Peter Simon as presenters
'and today through the round window......'

Hey deedee, they might be looking for other opportunities soon enough!

I think TV offers might be thin on the ground though. There's no dodgy Quiz Channels for Mason to ply his trade anymore and as for Dirty Peter....................:mysmilie_19:

Hey deedee, they might be looking for other opportunities soon enough!
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=727643
I think TV offers might be thin on the ground though. There's no dodgy Quiz Channels for Mason to ply his trade anymore and as for Dirty Peter....................:mysmilie_19:

the trouble is Mason and DP are anachronisms, they have no qualities whatsoever that make them employable outside of Situp within the workforce of today

the trouble is Mason and DP are anachronisms, they have no qualities whatsoever that make them employable outside of Situp within the workforce of today

I have no doubt they have a following but the pair of them are dinosaurs who will only ever appeal to a certain demographic and unfortunately for them it's a dwindling demographic.

And the new bosses clearly know that, their style is more 1984 than 2014. Think Bobby Davro and Cannon & Ball. Or Butlin's and Pontin's!

I wish them no ill but they are so out of date in every respect, there is nothing contemporary about them whatsoever. The strange thing is that Mason is quite young really, he sounds like something you might have seen on ITV in the 70's or 80's.

Really, really old fashioned.

I have no doubt they have a following but the pair of them are dinosaurs who will only ever appeal to a certain demographic and unfortunately for them it's a dwindling demographic.

And the new bosses clearly know that, their style is more 1984 than 2014. Think Bobby Davro and Cannon & Ball. Or Butlin's and Pontin's!

I wish them no ill but they are so out of date in every respect, there is nothing contemporary about them whatsoever.

I get what you're saying
I think Mike sees himself as a bad boy like Freddie Starr but harder - sort of a cross between Freddie Starr and Ross Kemp! sorry Mike you're a weedy, bald, middle aged chauvinist (oh, and Mike, that's not a compliment)
and Peter Simon directly rips off Larry Grayson which is an insult to Larry Grayson - LG had a style an dignity IMO, his act wasn't vile, execrable so called comedy

I get what you're saying
I think Mike sees himself as a bad boy like Freddie Starr but harder - sort of a cross between Freddie Starr and Ross Kemp! sorry Mike you're a weedy, bald, middle aged chauvinist (oh, and Mike, that's not a compliment)
and Peter Simon directly rips off Larry Grayson which is an insult to Larry Grayson - LG had a style an dignity IMO, his act wasn't vile, execrable so called comedy

That's exactly what he reminds me of, like a Freddie Starr 1980's character but do you see him on TV anymore? I'm glad the 'Cat Food' joke has hopefully been laid to rest, it wasn't funny the first time let alone the hundredth. He was the only one that laughed which speaks volumes. In fact he was the only one that ever laughed!

Hopefully Dirty Peter won't be doing any of his totally unfunny, stilted monologues now. Is it just me but did you find them increasingly desperate and pathetic? There was absolutely nothing to them most of the time, they rarely made any sense and you could wait and wait for a punchline but even when there was one it was invariably flat.

All they seemed to do was waste valuable selling time, and of course massage his ego.

They should ask Dr Who to take them back to the 80's in his Tardis, they might be in vogue then :mysmilie_59:

That's exactly what he reminds me of, like a Freddie Starr 1980's character but do you see him on TV anymore? I'm glad the 'Cat Food' joke has hopefully been laid to rest, it wasn't funny the first time let alone the hundredth. He was the only one that laughed which speaks volumes. In fact he was the only one that ever laughed!

Hopefully Dirty Peter won't be doing any of his totally unfunny, stilted monologues now. Is it just me but did you find them increasingly desperate and pathetic? There was absolutely nothing to them most of the time, they rarely made any sense and you could wait and wait for a punchline but even when there was one it was invariably flat.

All they seemed to do was waste valuable selling time, and of course massage his ego.

They should ask Dr Who to take them back to the 80's in his Tardis, they might be in vogue then

exactly
I often used to wonder how DP got away with those excruciating monologues, he must have wasted so much selling time which must equal money for the company
I think he probably had such an evil diva strop if he couldn't have his own way - maybe he's not getting away with it any more and is being disempowered
He needs to sharpen up, become a professional and understand that nobody is fooled by the bumbling uncle Peter routine
back to the monologues - I don't know about increasingly desperate and pathetic, I always found them so - in fact, I found them cringeworthy
it galls me when I think he gets paid for this!

They should ask Dr Who to take them back to the 80's in his Tardis, they might be in vogue then

exactly
I often used to wonder how DP got away with those excruciating monologues, he must have wasted so much selling time which must equal money for the company
I think he probably had such an evil diva strop if he couldn't have his own way - maybe he's not getting away with it any more and is being disempowered
He needs to sharpen up, become a professional and understand that nobody is fooled by the bumbling uncle Peter routine
back to the monologues - I don't know about increasingly desperate and pathetic, I always found them so - in fact, I found them cringeworthy
it galls me when I think he gets paid for this!

Self indulgence springs to mind where Peter and Mike are concerned.

Hopefully it's over!

it's almost more than self indulgence, it's a pathological need to be seen and adored and hold perceived power - it's arrogance!

Poor Mike, he may as well get his Goddess to close his Facebook fan page down. It's probably no use for ego massaging purposes anymore although she can still tell all his legions (663) of fans what he had for breakfast, what he had for dinner, interesting things like that.

The time must just fly by on there :mysmilie_59:

Poor Mike, he may as well get his Goddess to close his Facebook fan page down. It's probably no use for ego massaging purposes anymore although she can still tell all his legions (663) of fans what he had for breakfast, what he had for dinner, interesting things like that.

The time must just fly by on there :mysmilie_59:

aww bless, my heart bleeds for them both (and his little boy of course) this is going to hit them hard as a family unit
it must be devastating to have one's adulation dwindle because of some nasty, unfair corporate rules - very hard to swallow indeed when you have an ego that can be seen when standing on another planet!

aww bless, my heart bleeds for them both (and his little boy of course) this is going to hit them hard as a family unit
it must be devastating to have one's adulation dwindle because of some nasty, unfair corporate rules - very hard to swallow indeed when you have an ego that can be seen when standing on another planet!

I believe the current series of 'Dancing on Ice' is to be the last so there'll be a gap in ITV's schedules next year.

I wonder if Mike might get a comedy/variety series to replace it? This is only a rumour and I don't know if it's fact or not but it's said he was recently spotted on the South Bank outside the ITV Studios using his Star Trek phone, he was supposedly heard to say very loudly 'larrrrrvley, get in!'.

Exciting times indeed.

I believe the current series of 'Dancing on Ice' is to be the last so there'll be a gap in ITV's schedules next year.

I wonder if Mike might get a comedy/variety series to replace it? This is only a rumour and I don't know if it's fact or not but it's said he was recently spotted on the South Bank outside the ITV Studios using his Star Trek phone, he was supposedly heard to say very loudly 'larrrrrvley, get in!'.

Exciting times indeed.

oooh *sits up straight and pays attention*
actually *slumps back in armchair again*
I think it'd be more fun to see Mike in DOI
in fact, I think a Situp reality show would be absolute pure gold
I'm thinking a mash up of Made in Chelsea/TOWIE/celebrity jungle with skills thrown in like DOI/Strictly - oh yes! :mysmilie_8:

Mason is STILL saying '5-10 Days' for delivery.

I think it's time he was given a reminder that it's actually working days!

Mason is STILL saying '5-10 Days' for delivery.

I think it's time he was given a reminder that it's actually working days!

yes, I've just turned on and noticed that he is saying '5 to 10 days' so maybe it's time for a little reminder of the delivery times
as you said recently, they've all had time to adjust
I've already said that people deserve chances and time for performance improvement but it comes to a point where not complying equals sub standard practice

yes, I've just turned on and noticed that he is saying '5 to 10 days' so maybe it's time for a little reminder of the delivery times
as you said recently, they've all had time to adjust
I've already said that people deserve chances and time for performance improvement but it comes to a point where not complying equals sub standard practice

I politely suggest he's being deliberately disingenuous and I fancy 'Slippery Ben' will still be saying '5-10 days or so' when he returns tomorrow.

Mind you, at least they mention delivery. Dirty Peter has completely dispensed with it.

Nice lads aren't they?

Latest posts

Back