New selling technique?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
Last week, I had an email from QVC saying I’d left something in my basket and to click the link to check out. The item the email said was in my basket was something I’d never seen before (Slatkin candles), never mind considered buying. When I opened the Q website and looked, there was nothing in my basket at all. Anyone else had an email like that? I assumed it was just another QVC messaging glitch. Their webkids had had too much sugar or something.

Today, I had another email. Once again, never looked at the item (a Liz Earle set) before, much less thought about buying! What are they playing at? Trying to suggest I had looked at these things (and forgotten!) or just draw my attention to something by a different method, in the hope of a sale? I find it very odd, especially as when I clicked on their “take me to checkout” link, there’s still nothing waiting to be checked out so it’s not even an effective way of prompting me to make an impulse purchase or anything.

7C1C0567-9CFE-478B-BC15-8DFA81F61C2A.jpeg

976B1A3A-F597-4166-B43F-2DD47470418D.jpeg

I have also received the email albeit in my case it did pick up items I had put in my basket then decided not to purchase and just left them there.

I have also received the email albeit in my case it did pick up items I had put in my basket then decided not to purchase and just left them there.
Was that from QVC? I have had emails from other retailers when I have left items in the basket but I don’t think I have from Q. I thought their “30 minute rule” (after which the item drops out and goes back on sale) would make it pointless and of course Q would never offer you money off to encourage you to buy the item you left, as other retailers occasionally do.

I must say, the number of emails I’m receiving from QVC has gone up a lot in recent weeks. M&S have increased their email traffic massively as well, I’m finding, as have Liz Earle, Holland & Barrett and TK Maxx. If they used to be weekly or two a week, it’s now daily or, in Q’s case, a few a day.

I’ve had a couple of emails like that after buying something. I get an email asking me if I want to check out my basket when I know full well that the order’s already “in process.” 🙄

It makes one wonder why they’re always banging on about baskets emptying out after 30 minutes because both my emails came the following day.

(Maybe it’s down to their superb technical department. 😉)

Was that from QVC? I have had emails from other retailers when I have left items in the basket but I don’t think I have from Q. I thought their “30 minute rule” (after which the item drops out and goes back on sale) would make it pointless and of course Q would never offer you money off to encourage you to buy the item you left, as other retailers occasionally do.

I must say, the number of emails I’m receiving from QVC has gone up a lot in recent weeks. M&S have increased their email traffic massively as well, I’m finding, as have Liz Earle, Holland & Barrett and TK Maxx. If they used to be weekly or two a week, it’s now daily or, in Q’s case, a few a day.
Yes it was from QVC. I had been dithering over a couple of Helene Berman jackets and ended up deciding I didnt need yet another jacket.

Still better than Ideal World who called me after I placed an order the other week. They tried to sell me some random package. I was like I haven’t even received the items and you are trying to sell me some phantom deal😂.

Still better than Ideal World who called me after I placed an order the other week. They tried to sell me some random package. I was like I haven’t even received the items and you are trying to sell me some phantom deal😂.

Did you ring them to place an order? Customers often find they get a phone call afterwards trying to sell them a “gift pack.” I never ring them because the calls aren’t free and I always order online and, in all the years that I’ve been a customer, they’ve never rung me. They’d get short shrift if they did.

Did you ring them to place an order? Customers often find they get a phone call afterwards trying to sell them a “gift pack.” I never ring them because the calls aren’t free and I always order online and, in all the years that I’ve been a customer, they’ve never rung me. They’d get short shrift if they did.
No I ordered online.

I’ve got a thread about this on the IW section- I also ordered online and still got the phone call trying to trick me into accepting a worthless offer that could have cost me a fortune- thankfully I twigged and told them no! Q have sent me a fiver off but I have to spend over £20 excluding postage, better than nothing I suppose, but there’s nothing I want. The morons from Oodie have sent me another ridiculous email complete with the sobbing emoji with something along the lines of “don’t you want me anymore?” Cause I’d failed to check out my order. The reason being is that they sent me an unusable voucher and the stuff would still be too expensive even if I could actually use it - any I’ve manage to unsubscribe. These companies will try anything to make you part with your money. When I start feeling sorry for inanimate objects I think I’ll check into a clinic, it would probably be a lot cheaper than falling for all the baloney!

I’ve never had one of these emails from QVC - probably because rarely ever purchase from them - but often get them from others....
“Oh dear you seem to have forgotten” etc!

But the others will often send a discount code or other to use to encourage you. In fact with some shops, it’s worth abandoning the basket just to get something off it!

I've had emails like this from other companies but it was stuff I had been looking at online. Email would be lighthearted and say "did you forget something". But nothing like check out your basket when there's nothing there!
Yes, I have had those emails from other online stores. These ones from QVC are just random and odd!

I’ve had a couple of emails like that after buying something. I get an email asking me if I want to check out my basket when I know full well that the order’s already “in process.” 🙄

It makes one wonder why they’re always banging on about baskets emptying out after 30 minutes because both my emails came the following day.

(Maybe it’s down to their superb technical department. 😉)
Same here - already ordered the product and they say it's still in my basket

Latest posts

Back