New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back. bought 20 samplers a few melts a plug in and a pack of plugin oils . spent £35 ans got a free advent calender its huge. i never buy them but nice as a freebie

I had a Yankee Advent Calendar last year, and really enjoyed it. Am thinking I might "need" to give Brent Cross a go, as have done Bluewater a lot lately, so would be nice to have a change. Still have never been to Westfield, either.

PS So far so good with the Balsam & Cedar, a beautiful even burn!! :muscle:

Last edited:
I had a Yankee Advent Calendar last year, and really enjoyed it. Am thinking I might "need" to give Brent Cross a go, as have done Bluewater a lot lately, so would be nice to have a change. Still have never been to Westfield, either.

PS So far so good with the Balsam & Cedar, a beautiful even burn!! :muscle:

balsam and cedar is a classic love it

The second version includes a ginger martini. They have gone mad on martinis/cocktails this year. We have had about three different peppermint ones, a festive one, bubbly pomegranate. There may be even more before Xmas, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

The second version includes a ginger martini. They have gone mad on martinis/cocktails this year. We have had about three different peppermint ones, a festive one, bubbly pomegranate. There may be even more before Xmas, LOL.

these are another range sold for only one store in america & yankee US website

Brent Cross has free parking, which may be an inducement...

I don't need much inducing! :grin: Yes, Bluewater is free, too. Have any of you been to Westfield?

The jars look lovely and fragrances sound wonderful, but I daren't be tempted...

They do, the packaging is a vast improvement. Talking of which, I noticed that there are now three different types of packaging for the reed diffusers, too, for the Signature, Classic and Decor ranges.

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?...2&catalogId=10152&sc=SRCH&keyword=yankee+reed

The Decor range look lovely. Always thought the original Signature packaging was hideous!

I don't need much inducing! :grin: Yes, Bluewater is free, too. Have any of you been to Westfield?

They do, the packaging is a vast improvement. Talking of which, I noticed that there are now three different types of packaging for the reed diffusers, too, for the Signature, Classic and Decor ranges.

http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?...2&catalogId=10152&sc=SRCH&keyword=yankee+reed

The Decor range look lovely. Always thought the original Signature packaging was hideous!

Yes, it's very local for me. Parking is very expensive but it's well-served by public transport. Lots of high end shops but plenty of mainstream shops as well. Masses of choice of eatery - but no YC shop the last time I went, though.

Yes, it's very local for me. Parking is very expensive but it's well-served by public transport. Lots of high end shops but plenty of mainstream shops as well. Masses of choice of eatery - but no YC shop the last time I went, though.

I went to Westfield in Stratford during the Olympics but didn't spend long and hadn't really discovered Yankee then so wasn't hunting them down. I have yet to go to the one in Westfield in Shepherds Bush - not sure I could face it this time of year but then again, Brent Cross ain't gonna be no picnic now either.

I've went to Westfield in Stratford during the Olympics but didn't spend long and hadn't really discovered Yankee then so wasn't hunting them down. I have yet to go to the one in Westfield in Shepherds Bush - not sure I could face it this time of year but then again, Brent Cross ain't gonna be no picnic now either.

So true! They open at 9am on Saturday. I tend to go then and get out within an hour.

I've not bought any of this range before, but I am incredibly tempted by the Lavender and Sunrise ones as the latter sounds like the sadly retired Early Sunrise

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ct.705677.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-705677

Has anyone bought these and if so, what are they like? Thanks!

P.S. Mazza/AndiK - I burned Christmas Thyme at the weekend (had a sudden fancy it would smell nice with Cranberry Chutney and I was not wrong) and it's very soft when it burns, so sort of like a citrusy bayberry smell, not a very strong throw either

It will come as quite a surprise, I am sure, to learn that I bought this set! Cold sniff result....l thought they were very nice. BUT Sunrise is not like Early Sunrise. It has a vanilla note, rather than a light citrus tang. Rosa said this as well on a presentation so it's not just me!!

Glad you like Christmas Thyme.... how quick are you to burn new candles!!?? I am saving it to go with Sage from the Portrait range.

It will come as quite a surprise, I am sure, to learn that I bought this set! Cold sniff result....l thought they were very nice. BUT Sunrise is not like Early Sunrise. It has a vanilla note, rather than a light citrus tang. Rosa said this as well on a presentation so it's not just me!!

Glad you like Christmas Thyme.... how quick are you to burn new candles!!?? I am saving it to go with Sage from the Portrait range.

Ooh marvellous, thanks so much for that - I'm definitely going to have to plump for these, they sound beautiful and the other reviews are good too :)

I'm normally really strict with burning stuff seasonally/in order of when they were bought, but some madness seized me at the weekend and I simply had to try it! Now I've smelled it, I think it will go beautifully with sage, will smell like that other gorgeous retired fragrance, Sage & Citrus - lush!

I've not bought any of this range before, but I am incredibly tempted by the Lavender and Sunrise ones as the latter sounds like the sadly retired Early Sunrise

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ct.705677.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-705677

P.S. Mazza/AndiK - I burned Christmas Thyme at the weekend (had a sudden fancy it would smell nice with Cranberry Chutney and I was not wrong) and it's very soft when it burns, so sort of like a citrusy bayberry smell, not a very strong throw either

Yes, I bought that Sunrise, Lavender and Cotton set a few months ago, too. I have lit the Lavender - not bad but not outstanding. I don't know Early Sunrise but I quite like the Sunrise in this set - it has a slight furniture polish smell to it for me (original Pledge!), which appeals to me for some reason. I don't mean chemical - Mazza's suggestion of vanilla is right. The throws aren't fantastic but ok.

Christmas Thyme sounds rather nice. Thanks for that, Tarketta.

I seem to recall getting very excited about Sunrise for exactly the same reason... I think the reviews here said it was not a dupe or particularly close to Early Sunrise - more's the pity. I'm sure it's very nice in its own way though...

I seem to recall getting very excited about Sunrise for exactly the same reason... I think the reviews here said it was not a dupe or particularly close to Early Sunrise - more's the pity. I'm sure it's very nice in its own way though...

Maymorganlondon, glad it's not just me and I think the reason why I assumed it would be the same (and from what Mazza said earlier, Rosa from YC obviously wanted to ensure people knew it wasn't) is from the descriptions of the candles:

Early Sunrise
"new day dawns crisp and fresh in this clean lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea"

Sunrise
"a lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea"

I mean that would rather lead you to believe it was a dupe, eh!

Maymorganlondon, glad it's not just me and I think the reason why I assumed it would be the same (and from what Mazza said earlier, Rosa from YC obviously wanted to ensure people knew it wasn't) is from the descriptions of the candles:

Early Sunrise
"new day dawns crisp and fresh in this clean lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea"

Sunrise
"a lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea"

I mean that would rather lead you to believe it was a dupe, eh!

Not sure I can smell any of those things in Sunrise - well, maybe a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back