New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndiK, not doing very well on the 'sitting on my hands' front - just succumbed to these bad boys

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-Set-of-3-Holiday-Party-Large-Jars.product.706566.html

I love the sound of the orange one and have smelled the other two and thought they were lovely...I'm so weak :(

I got these (surprise!!) and I rather like them although I know the winter UK ones weren't totally popular this year. I have and like the Macaron one as well. My faves were the red one and the star anise &Orange of the four. All upstairs, paired up and catalogued, LOL.

:mysmilie_59:

I got these (surprise!!) and I rather like them although I know the winter UK ones weren't totally popular this year. I have and like the Macaron one as well. My faves were the red one and the star anise &Orange of the four. All upstairs, paired up and catalogued, LOL.

Stop showing off! Here I am on the computer in my spare room where I have to walk out the door sideways because of all the boxes of candles piled by the "guest bed" which you can't get to! Guests are a thing of the past! Oh to be as organised as you.

Quick question about the Macaron Treats candle - I thought I would love it but I've not been able to smell it as I've not seen it in a shop. I do remember the negative comments, though. So what is the smell? Is it just sweet? Does the almond come through as I like almond-y smells.

Excellent, pleased I went for these cos I really wasn't impressed with the UK autumnal ones but I wanted some new spicy ones (ok well maybe not as spicy as the Christmas Thyme!)

AndiK, the almond isn't like say a loccitane strong smell, or as a just plain almond would be. It smells like a buttery, almond cake so part of the overall scent and not a solo scent. Quite mild I think and I shall burn it with spiced white cocoa.

Get yourself to Lakeland, I keep telling you, for those bags! I can't tell you the relief of chucking out those cardboard boxes.

AndiK, the almond isn't like say a loccitane strong smell, or as a just plain almond would be. It smells like a buttery, almond cake so part of the overall scent and not a solo scent. Quite mild I think and I shall burn it with spiced white cocoa.

Get yourself to Lakeland, I keep telling you, for those bags! I can't tell you the relief of chucking out those cardboard boxes.

Oh that sounds lovely, thank you. A good description.

the cardboard boxes is what my mum stores hers in & they stack amazingly

I've used several of those too, Ian. I assume you mean the long thinnish ones the trios come in? I just remove the insert with the holes in and can get 5 large jars in usually. It's still too many - never mind, I'm getting through them faster than I'm buying now ... finally!

Sorry, I missed the bit about the Lakeland bags. I have said so many times I must go and see them. I've been threatening a trip to Brent Cross for ages but I'd have to make sure I didn't just come out of the Lakeland shop and go into the Yankee one!

Stop showing off! Here I am on the computer in my spare room where I have to walk out the door sideways because of all the boxes of candles piled by the "guest bed" which you can't get to! Guests are a thing of the past! Oh to be as organised as you.

Quick question about the Macaron Treats candle - I thought I would love it but I've not been able to smell it as I've not seen it in a shop. I do remember the negative comments, though. So what is the smell? Is it just sweet? Does the almond come through as I like almond-y smells.

I thought I would like Macaron Treats... but it smells like sweaty socks to me, I'm afraid. I was rather disappointed. On the other hand, initially disliked Rhubarb Crumble, but now I'm tempted... so maybe if I revisit the Macaron Treats I would revise my opinion... In both cases I like the foodstuffs they're based on, so if they do an accurate job, I would expect to like them.

I love that you have a veritable Yankee Lonely Hearts Club going! :grin:

I thought I would like Macaron Treats... but it smells like sweaty socks to me, I'm afraid. I was rather disappointed. On the other hand, initially disliked Rhubarb Crumble, but now I'm tempted... so maybe if I revisit the Macaron Treats I would revise my opinion... In both cases I like the foodstuffs they're based on, so if they do an accurate job, I would expect to like them.

No, I really wasn't keen on Macaron Treats, either. Didn't like the liquorice smell of the Star Anise, but liked All Is Bright and Festive Cocktail. Think last years festive fragrances were nicer, though. I wouldn't have expected to like Rhubarb Crumble, as don't generally like the foodie scents, but we bought the votive of it and enjoyed it. I thought it was quite authentic. Been burning Balsam and Cedar tonight, as my husband's been dying to crack on with the festive fragrances. I'm defying it to tunnel, as my Verbena has been doing (why? I do everything by the book!!) :mysmilie_1:

Is it you who goes to the Brent Cross Yankee store? If so, do they have all the newer ranges in (unlike my local Clinton's)?

I think Clintons have a weird selection! Some new, some old, never a melt to be seen. Our local one is small though.

Is it you who goes to the Brent Cross Yankee store? If so, do they have all the newer ranges in (unlike my local Clinton's)?

andi k i go to the brent cross store. they have all the new releases and do 10 samplers for £10. they have moved from the ultra huge double sized shop near the kipling shop to the smaller shop next to john lewis on the ground floor. enjoy

I think Clintons have a weird selection! Some new, some old, never a melt to be seen. Our local one is small though.

Agreed! The Clintons near me is medium-sized and they do seem to keep changing their Yankee stock but it's 90% the votives and various sizes of jars in the "old favourites" like Black Cherry, Clean Cotton, Vanilla Cupcake and Black Coconut. At the moment they have All is Bright and one of the cocktail ones but hardly anything else that's new.

Yes!!!!! I can see the display now as you describe it. Loads of ****** Vanilla Cupcake, why??? All Is Bright was in the window when I went past yesterday. (Some tealights available as well as votives.)

andi k i go to the brent cross store. they have all the new releases and do 10 samplers for £10. they have moved from the ultra huge double sized shop near the kipling shop to the smaller shop next to john lewis on the ground floor. enjoy

Ah, thank you so much - and drections too so I won't waste time looking. Will definitely go soon, North Circular permitting!

Ah, thank you so much - and drections too so I won't waste time looking. Will definitely go soon, North Circular permitting!

One of these days our paths might cross in Brent cross... I can never resist popping in for a quick sniff :mysmilie_14: also, pop into Fenwick's at the opposite end to John Lewis top floor where they have their candle shop, as they often have fragrances substantially reduced. Not the latest ones, obviously.

just got back. bought 20 samplers a few melts a plug in and a pack of plugin oils . spent £35 ans got a free advent calender its huge. i never buy them but nice as a freebie

One of these days our paths might cross in Brent cross... I can never resist popping in for a quick sniff :mysmilie_14: also, pop into Fenwick's at the opposite end to John Lewis top floor where they have their candle shop, as they often have fragrances substantially reduced. Not the latest ones, obviously.

More tips, thanks! And yes, we should wear something to identify ourselves to each other when in Yankee shops or carry a rolled-up copy of The Lady or something! Not that many of us on here behave like "ladies" (ok, I speak for myself)! Then we could say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back