New Year New You (2015)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Went for a walk today with hubby ....the best excersie I think ....it's doable .....it's practical .....it's fresh air ...it's free....it's mood enhancing .....I highly recommend it ....safely with a friend or safe route of course ......if we can put one foot in front of the other .....then we should...x

Went for a walk today with hubby ....the best excersie I think ....it's doable .....it's practical .....it's fresh air ...it's free....it's mood enhancing .....I highly recommend it ....safely with a friend or safe route of course ......if we can put one foot in front of the other .....then we should...x

I totally agree! I have just ordered myself a fitness activity thing that records your steps, calories burnt, sleep pattern etc. I am active anyway (and will be even more going forward) but I am setting myself the 10,000 steps a day challenge from when it arrives! It will motivate me to get out for more walks. It also makes me appreciate the beautiful parks and countryside around me that I don't get to see whilst driving around. I don't use many steps lifting weights :-( so am really looking forward to lots more walking. Katie Hopkins would be proud, ha ha!!

I totally agree! I have just ordered myself a fitness activity thing that records your steps, calories burnt, sleep pattern etc. I am active anyway (and will be even more going forward) but I am setting myself the 10,000 steps a day challenge from when it arrives! It will motivate me to get out for more walks. It also makes me appreciate the beautiful parks and countryside around me that I don't get to see whilst driving around. I don't use many steps lifting weights :-( so am really looking forward to lots more walking. Katie Hopkins would be proud, ha ha!!
What did you get Minx I got a fitbit charge for xmas and it is really helping to organise and motivate me.

What did you get Minx I got a fitbit charge for xmas and it is really helping to organise and motivate me.

Oh wow, glad to hear it's helping! I looked at the fitbit, and the Jawbone and almost every one on the market trying to decide! In the end I decided that I wanted one that didn't have to be only worn around the wrist, so I went for the Misfit Shine. It has a clip, a wrist band (like a watch) and can also be inserted into a pendant on a necklace. I will wear mine as a clip during the day and as a watch during exercise and sleep. I may ask for the pendant for my birthday. Are you using the sleep monitor on yours? I can't wait until tomorrow for it to arrive and I can have a play and get motivated!!

http://misfit.com/products/shine?locale=en

There will be a Diet Guide in Daily Mail (sometime this weekend?) just seen on tele, the food looks delicious. I think it involves fasting two days a week and is known as 5:2 diet.

Oh wow, glad to hear it's helping! I looked at the fitbit, and the Jawbone and almost every one on the market trying to decide! In the end I decided that I wanted one that didn't have to be only worn around the wrist, so I went for the Misfit Shine. It has a clip, a wrist band (like a watch) and can also be inserted into a pendant on a necklace. I will wear mine as a clip during the day and as a watch during exercise and sleep. I may ask for the pendant for my birthday. Are you using the sleep monitor on yours? I can't wait until tomorrow for it to arrive and I can have a play and get motivated!!

http://misfit.com/products/shine?locale=en

Yes sleep monitor is especially good for me as I work two nightshifts a week and so my sleep is totally irregular and it is hard to tell how much I am getting. The sleep function seems to work really well although I've only been using a few days so far. We are awaiting the compatible scales to arrive today although I am nervous of knowing bodyfat stats, ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:
I got a fitbit charge too!
For years I used a pedometer but this seems helpful as it works with my phone to to log walks!

Yay ...go for it Minxykitten :mysmilie_59:....the beautiful parks sound great :0) ....lol about katy Hopkins lol .....I adore walking ...if I don't feel up to walking fast I just stroll if time allows .....more calories burned than sitting in a car .....and it can ward off depression , strokes to name but a few ....I won't jog as it's not good for the knees and hips .....but that's my feeling in it .....if people love it then great ;0)".... I take my trolley when I go shopping lol ....not very street cred but does the body and mind the world of good lol

We can also look forward to the return of Dodgy Flints Back to you crap shows!!!

That's not the worst part, though... When I saw her doing a clothes outlet show the other day she said she had finally persuaded qvc to feature her dieting book 'Til the fat lady slims' (now updated version called 2.0) in her back to you shows because "so many people had been asking her how she'd lost so much weight". Oh god save us!
I looked it up on amazon out of intrigue and it lets you read a preview. In the introduction of the new edition it says please review this on amazon or goodreads.com. The reviews on amazon are all sucking up to her. From what I read of the book it's like rehashed stuff Susie Orbach wrote years ago!
It also winds me up that she keeps telling people live on air to visit her personal website rather than qvc site to find her presenter blog. Shameless!

HAS Debbie flint lost that much weight? She looks more or less the same to me but she does keep banging on about bodyblade to everyone and telling folk to look at her website. Maybe she gets a pound for every time she mentions it. I do recall the Together lady congratulating Catherine on losing three stone on this Body scheme so it's little wonder they are getting her to promote it. Ages ago though Catherine lost a pile of weight on Paul McKenna's nonsense and then lost a pile of weight promoting Diet Chef so we will see how long she keeps it off - and that's not meant to be a mean comment but she's clearly a yo yo dieter so probably a good yardstick.

Good luck to all of us wanting to drop a few pounds in weight or make changes in 2015. Very small steps eventually make up a huge distance.

CC

Maybe we'll get an extended MBG and can return the set when Catherine goes back up to a size 16 :mysmilie_59:

HAS Debbie flint lost that much weight? She looks more or less the same to me but she does keep banging on about bodyblade to everyone and telling folk to look at her website. Maybe she gets a pound for every time she mentions it.

CC

I can't see any big difference in DBF. She always wore the full body control wear so perhaps she has lost and what you see is au natural :mysmilie_17:

Well if Catherine does go back up to a size 16 she will still be a beautiful woman IMO but she clearly wants to be a size 8 so if this works for her I want to see it :mysmilie_59:

Well if Catherine does go back up to a size 16 she will still be a beautiful woman IMO but she clearly wants to be a size 8 so if this works for her I want to see it :mysmilie_59:

I agree she looks lovely at any size but I get the feeling that even if she reaches her ideal weight she still won't be 100% comfortable with herself.

I've had to wear my fat trousers today (size larger Diane Gilman jeans) :mysmilie_5:

I've been really good with doing my 10,000. - 15,000 steps a day but not concentrating at all on food intake. The Christmas paunch has stuck in and not going without a fight.

Was hoping it would just go with extra activity, wishful thinking.:mysmilie_17:

Will try harder this week as I want to get back in my nicer clothes.

Last edited:
I've had to wear my fat trousers today (size larger Diane Gilman jeans) :mysmilie_5:

I've been really good with doing my 10,000. - 15,000 steps a day but not concentrating at all on food intake. The Christmas paunch has stuck in and not going without a fight.

Was hoping it would just go with extra activity, wishful thinking.:mysmilie_17:

Will try harder this week as I want to get back in my nicer clothes.
I keep banging on about the 5:2 diet but it really works. The person I sat next to yesterday evening is also following it. She says she has lost tons of weight over a year ago and now just losing the 3.5lbs she put on over Xmas. I only put on 2lbs because I did a couple of maintenance days over Xmas. I have already lost one of those pounds so after a 5:2 week next week, I will be down to my target weight again.
My food bill has dropped as well!

I was just reading the reviews on Paul McKenna's The Hypnotic Gastric Band and people say that they really do eat less after listening to the accompanying CD. Perhaps this may be a good companion to the 5:2 diet as one won't need to use their will power to eat less?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0593070747/?tag=shoppingcom03-21
I have picked up his new book on half price this week and just being curious what people say about his books.
I know he used to sell on QVC but I started watching after he left.

I bought many years ago from QVC an audio tape of his and after a while I could not bear to listen to him.

I keep banging on about the 5:2 diet but it really works. The person I sat next to yesterday evening is also following it. She says she has lost tons of weight over a year ago and now just losing the 3.5lbs she put on over Xmas. I only put on 2lbs because I did a couple of maintenance days over Xmas. I have already lost one of those pounds so after a 5:2 week next week, I will be down to my target weight again.
My food bill has dropped as well!

I really like the sound of this diet but l am worrier and I about feeling absolutely starving on the fasting days. What sorts of things can you recommend? I am so determined to get rid of some of my extra weight this year and the more l read about this diet the more l think it could work for me!

Latest posts

Back