Next Day Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not me .I can't see myself being that desperate for any QVC items.In general I never pay extra to any company ,just go with the standard delivery charge if there is one.

dont need to pay. i bought two 1000ml bottles from feel unique on saturday. delivery was free. got them monday morning so no i wont pay

No, I will not either - I think their postage is far too high as it is, I am not going to add to it.

I refuse to pay extra p and p, in fact I try to shop elsewhere to avoid paying any p and p !
My youngest son works for UPS and at one of their largest hubs in the Country where they receive parcels from all over the World and not just the UK. Many a time we chat about complaints I read on here or on Q`s facebook page and he`s horrified not only at the cost of Q`s charges but also at the delivery times and problems with it.
Very large businesses such as Q will negotiate a business rate for their deliveries, as much as 65% discount on regular delivery rates because of the number of packages they will send out per day. That`s one heck of a discount and yet their charges to the customer are some of the highest I`ve ever seen, my son couldn`t believe it when I showed him some of their p and p on items. In a nutshell they are ripping us off and making a fortune out of us on top of already inflated prices in many cases and the 30 day mbg is what every customer, even those such as me who`ve never used it, are paying for, whether we like it or not. It goes to show not all highway robbers wear masks.
For the p and p on some items we should be receiving next day delivery as the norm.

Many websites I use offer free p and p or charge you around £4 to £5 for guaranteed next day delivery if you need the item in a hurry. QVC already charge the £4 to £5 (or above ) for their standard delivery and yet they want more. It isn`t a new next day delivery service they need to look at, it`s their p and p charges and crap service overall. Sort out the foundation of what makes a good delivery service before adding a sticking plaster to try to make it better.
They`ve had so many complaints about poor delivery, high p and p, items badly packaged etc it looks to me that instead of sorting out the nitty gritty they`re asking people to pay more simply to avoid being let down by their normal service.
Amazon frequently delivers next day even if it`s free p and p and often on a weekend.

I have ordered from Next free to a store of my choice. It usually arrives after 3 pm the next day. They keep for 14 days so call when it is convenient.

I`m a bit confused over Q`s interpretation of next day delivery. Someone on their facebook page paid for next day delivery but her order was still in process for nearly 3 days before dispatch. My own interpretation of next day delivery is ordering on X day and it arriving the day after, obviously Q`s interpretation is it arriving the day after dispatch which could be 2 or more days. Be interested to see how or if they iron this one out.

I`m a bit confused over Q`s interpretation of next day delivery. Someone on their facebook page paid for next day delivery but her order was still in process for nearly 3 days before dispatch. My own interpretation of next day delivery is ordering on X day and it arriving the day after, obviously Q`s interpretation is it arriving the day after dispatch which could be 2 or more days. Be interested to see how or if they iron this one out.

Very good point you make, Vienna!

I totally agree with you. Unless you are getting expedited dispatch as well as delivery it's absolutely pointless! If you want next day delivery, you want the item quickly. Yet another "service" you pay through the nose for - I want to see the benefit for me not QVC, thankyouverymuch!

I have used the next day delivery service. It was on an item that I was told would have otherwise been sent by Royal Mail. If ever Royal Mail is used it takes a long time to receive items around here. So on this occasion, and under this scenario only, I considered an additional £2 was worth it. Order was placed in the afternoon and was received the following day. I was very impressed with the service, but I won't be using it routinely as the postal charges are daft at the best of times. Plus it can be a bit of hedging your bets as some items come quickly anyway. But if it's a Royal Mail item it is worth it to me. That £2 could literally be the difference between next day and say 7 days. But if money is no object to someone then it definitely speeds up the service. My order was upgraded to courier, so Royal Mail wasn't involved at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back