Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 01/07/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered it. Just hope no one recognises it as being from QVC. At least with the other brands you can’t tell unless it’s a style made just for QVC. Still time for me to cancel!

I ordered it. Just hope no one recognises it as being from QVC. At least with the other brands you can’t tell unless it’s a style made just for QVC. Still time for me to cancel!
Which colour did you go for Katie said she wanted to make a point to make sure you get the bust measurement correct.

Some of the colours remind me of certain work uniforms. Obviously the white looks kind of clinical, dental nurse, physio, osteopath and the like. The darkest colour makes me think of hotel staff uniforms, housekeeper roles or cleaners. Factory worker uniforms in North Korea springs to mind too or Russian airport staff. The brown is very Norland Nannies and the pink reminds me of a nursery worker or a waitress in an American Ice cream parlour. It just doesn`t look like an enjoyable dress and I think you have to enjoy what you wear or it just sits in the wardrobe and at £40 it isn`t exactly a cheap mistake to make.

Last edited:
Some of the colours remind me of certain work uniforms. Obviously the white looks kind of clinical, dental nurse, physio, osteopath and the like. The darkest colour makes me think of hotel staff uniforms, housekeeper roles or cleaners. Factory worker uniforms in North Korea springs to mind too or Russian airport staff. The brown is very Norland Nannies and the pink reminds me of a nursery worker or a waitress in an American Ice cream parlour. It just doesn`t look like an enjoyable dress and I think you have to enjoy what you wear or it just sits in the wardrobe and at £40 it isn`t exactly a cheap mistake to make.
I've just looked at the presentation and how they can send a big girl out wearing a skin tight flesh coloured dress that's stretching and straining at every seam and say it looks good is beyond me? She's a big girl, I know, but the dress makes her look fat! From what I've seen it only looks good on the real skinny minnies. Alison Keenan looks great in it, Jackie Joseph looks like she should be working behind a cosmetics counter in a department store, which I'm sure isn't a look many people would be after! Anyone with any meat on their bones looks as though they're wearing something that's not their choice - A uniform!

I've just looked at the presentation and how they can send a big girl out wearing a skin tight flesh coloured dress that's stretching and straining at every seam and say it looks good is beyond me? She's a big girl, I know, but the dress makes her look fat! From what I've seen it only looks good on the real skinny minnies. Alison Keenan looks great in it, Jackie Joseph looks like she should be working behind a cosmetics counter in a department store, which I'm sure isn't a look many people would be after! Anyone with any meat on their bones looks as though they're wearing something that's not their choice - A uniform!
Sophia they said was in the 2X well she should have been provided at the very least the 3X

No, no no, just NO.

Thete wasn’t one single colour or model who looked even passable in this. The lady in pink wasn’t just one but several sizes too small. They haven’t even attempted to style it - they look as if they have just left their mop down

This is in nearly every shop in the high street, all which look a lot better and usually cheaper.

The big girl looked like a bursting out sausage. The arm holes were a disaster on her in blush - she clearly couldn't move.

The dress could have done with being a couple of inches longer as well.

I switch off when Jackie Joseph is on. She's a saleswoman like those you see at Exhibitions, saying enough for you to buy. I don't have time for those who pimp themselves around the Channels and pop up on other programmes proclaiming to be an expert at something else. We'll see her on the gardening and cookery shows next.

Morrisons regularly do denim dresses for around £20. I'm sure lots of other places do, too. And they have a half-lined blue check peasant-style dress for £16 which I would have bought before my strict one in, two out policy started. It's worth looking there. A friend was wearing a very stylish 3/4 sleeve diagonal-striped top that she bought from them for an unbelievable £6 - so she bought all the colours.

I saw sense and cancelled my order 😊Thank you

Another good save JFM - even if you are a proper skinny Minnie and had ordered one that didn’t make you look like a dental nurse/ an orderly in a care home/seller of hotdogs and cotton candy/dermatologist/brain surgeon/chambermaid - which leaves the black (oops eyebrow technician) - so that leaves the denim- I reckon you could get one cheaper and nicer elsewhere !

I saw sense and cancelled my order 😊Thank you
Oh dear is it something I said 🤭😕 feel bad.
Do hope you are happy cancelling rather than letting it arrive and see in the flesh. On the other hand from what people have said previously regarding cancellation of orders, think you did well to be able to manage to cancel.

Morrisons regularly do denim dresses for around £20. I'm sure lots of other places do, too. And they have a half-lined blue check peasant-style dress for £16 which I would have bought before my strict one in, two out policy started. It's worth looking there. A friend was wearing a very stylish 3/4 sleeve diagonal-striped top that she bought from them for an unbelievable £6 - so she bought all the colours.
They have escaped me 😮

Thanks All. Cancelled. I know it would have arrived, and I would have had that sinking feeling as it came out of the package knowing I would be back on the laptop within the hour, giving Hermes another £4 to return, emailing QVC so say distant selling regs (or whatever they are called now) apply so need initial p and p back (or s & h as they call it now), waiting for the parcel to be collected, checking my emails and credit card for the next 3 weeks (yes It takes so long these days for a return) waiting for the refund and then complaining because the p and p hadn't been refunded. You lot save me a lot of personal admin.

Compare that to ASOS. Order arrives the next day (for free), try on and back in the package (that has it's own seal) and back with my Hermes guy within hours for free, and then refund within a week.

I don`t shop at Asda, Tesco or Sainsbury so I must miss out on buying some of their bargain clothes. To be honest I tend to stick to certain websites who`se stuff fits me well and who regularly send me good discount codes and who have genuine sales. I`ve had a number of really good bargains from their sales or with their discount codes.
Having said that I`ve decided to give Matalan a try and have ordered what looks to be a lovely bright yellow midi dress for £18. I hate going into bricks and mortar stores for clothes and since the pandemic they`ve either been closed or their fitting rooms have been closed which means a traipse back to the shop if something doesn`t fit or doesn`t suit me.
This is the Matalan dress. I hope it`s as nice as it looks.

That looks really pretty, and the colour is very fresh, and the length is what I settle for now these days. Sadly yellow is not good on me, I look like a banana.

Latest posts

Back