Ninja TSV 09/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£250 is quite an outlay really. It’ll take a while to recoup that in electricity usage. It’s five times what I paid for the one I got from Lidl, which is perfect for me. Ok, it’s only 2.5 litres and has fewer bells and whistles but I like the look of mine better, too. I’m very pushed for surface space but it has a nice small footprint and is easy to move, unlike the TSV which weighs 9kg.

It is kicking off on QVC Facebook about how quick it sold out. People ranting about it being on pre-order, was it? I know one woman mid-week asked if it was going on pre-order and told no. But it was sold in minutes if that on launch.

I never considered an air fryer before but recently bought one after watching a presentation on the Cooks’ Essentials one. I went for one made by Tower. A lot cheaper and a smaller footprint. I’ve used it a lot and air fryers definitely save energy/money because the Smart meter stays on green when it’s on, whereas it shoots up into the red zone when I use the oven.

I like Ninja products but this one would be too large for me. It’s bound to sell out quickly though because sales of air fryers in general have gone through the roof recently.
I’m looking for one for two. Could you let me have the link of the one you purchased please @Toril

It is kicking off on QVC Facebook about how quick it sold out. People ranting about it being on pre-order, was it? I know one woman mid-week asked if it was going on pre-order and told no. But it was sold in minutes if that on launch.

It went live on Wednesday morning briefly and then went off again - whether it was selling too fast or whatever, it got pulled. It even had its own tab link on TopCashback so it looked to me like it was meant to be there for the duration and wasn’t just a blip). I rang CS and the person I spoke to told me it had sold out and they weren’t sure about advanced orders, and to keep checking back, but I took what she said with a pinch of salt to be honest and thought it’d probably come back however briefly for the TSV launch.
I saw it but didn’t order straight away on Wednesday because I thought I’d better speak to The Husband first seeing as its a ‘considered purchase’ and then by the time I had an hour or so later it had gone. I was away for the day yesterday and didn’t get back till 9, and by the time I got to the website by about 20 past it had gone again.
I’ve decided me missing it twice the universe telling me I shouldn’t buy it so I’m still sulking a bit but I’ll get over it. (Might have a look for a Black Friday deal next month…. 😉 )

It went live on Wednesday morning briefly and then went off again - whether it was selling too fast or whatever, it got pulled. It even had its own tab link on TopCashback so it looked to me like it was meant to be there for the duration and wasn’t just a blip). I rang CS and the person I spoke to told me it had sold out and they weren’t sure about advanced orders, and to keep checking back, but I took what she said with a pinch of salt to be honest and thought it’d probably come back however briefly for the TSV launch.
I saw it but didn’t order straight away on Wednesday because I thought I’d better speak to The Husband first seeing as its a ‘considered purchase’ and then by the time I had an hour or so later it had gone. I was away for the day yesterday and didn’t get back till 9, and by the time I got to the website by about 20 past it had gone again.
I’ve decided me missing it twice the universe telling me I shouldn’t buy it so I’m still sulking a bit but I’ll get over it. (Might have a look for a Black Friday deal next month…. 😉 )
Edit: It was Thursday, not Wednesday. Apols.

It went live on Wednesday morning briefly and then went off again - whether it was selling too fast or whatever, it got pulled. It even had its own tab link on TopCashback so it looked to me like it was meant to be there for the duration and wasn’t just a blip). I rang CS and the person I spoke to told me it had sold out and they weren’t sure about advanced orders, and to keep checking …..
This is how I would view it. I’m certain you will find a better deal very soon.

When the clamour for air fryers has died down in a few weeks, you’ll be able to get one easily and more cheaply. The whole saga is like if Q had had a loo roll TSV at the start of lockdown and put it on pre-sale. It would have been proclaimed on HotUKDeals, Martin Lewis's MSE and the front page of The Sun, and never made it to air as a result. By the day of the sold-out TSV, the Facebook mob would have been baying for blood and the Q Facebook kiddies, Liamx, Megganex, Lurex and Durex would have been in triple-x meltdown trying to calm them down.

bacially it was meant to be but they changed their minds last minute cause they must of saw what the demand for it was but they never changed it on the system so what happened was i caught it as live as i usually do & posted here & elsewhere & it just blew up very very quickly (esp as this model is selling for about £400 on ebay) & people were buying multiples (i think one got 15 to sell on) & thats what triggered the alert & they pulled it but people were still ringing up to order even after that to just grab the limit of 1

then yesterday at about 5.27pm the advanced order stock became live & it blew up again (it only went live due to not removing the pre sale bit) & it sold out from there within the hour from what i saw so there was no way it was going to make it by 9pm if they kept it off the web till 0pm we would of had a meltdown & 1 presentation & thats it

Looking back on this thread, it  was on pre-order... unless I've misinterpreted what another forumite wrote.

I’m looking for one for two. Could you let me have the link of the one you purchased please @Toril
Mine would only be suitable for one person so might be too small if you need one for two people.

I bought mine from Amazon and they have quite a few on their website. There is one that’s classed as family size though.

Tower T17021 Family Size Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation, 60-Minute Timer, 4.3 Litre, 1500W, Black [Save Upto 50% On Energy Bills]​

It’s currently reduced in price and is now £55.55. Mine’s a smaller Tower model but I’m delighted with it.

correct i think they could of just put it on air at RRP of £250 & it would of flown

There are other brands of air fryer available though so people don’t need to just buy off QVC, especially as £250 is quite expensive when cheaper ones are just as good. There are other places to buy them from.

Considering the amount of times air fryers have been featured on the news and chat programmes then QVC should have known how popular they would be and, in my opinion, they shouldn’t have had it on presale.

I know that the 60 day mbg attracts people, but I registered mine with the brand who made it and got an extended guarantee for free, so if it goes wrong I’m covered.

Mine would only be suitable for one person so might be too small if you need one for two people.

I bought mine from Amazon and they have quite a few on their website. There is one that’s classed as family size though.

Tower T17021 Family Size Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation, 60-Minute Timer, 4.3 Litre, 1500W, Black [Save Upto 50% On Energy Bills]​

It’s currently reduced in price and is now £55.55. Mine’s a smaller Tower model but I’m delighted with it.
Mr L and I are trying to reduce portion sizes - would the one person size be too small as I think the family one might just encourage us to go back to pigging out which neither of us are able to do nowadays as we try to eat lightly due to poor digestive systems.

This is how I would view it. I’m certain you will find a better deal very soon.

When the clamour for air fryers has died down in a few weeks, you’ll be able to get one easily and more cheaply. The whole saga is like if Q had had a loo roll TSV at the start of lockdown and put it on pre-sale. It would have been proclaimed on HotUKDeals, Martin Lewis's MSE and the front page of The Sun, and never made it to air as a result. By the day of the sold-out TSV, the Facebook mob would have been baying for blood and the Q Facebook kiddies, Liamx, Megganex, Lurex and Durex would have been in triple-x meltdown trying to calm them down.

To be fair @AndiK I do already have an air fryer that I’ve had for 10+ years, which I’ve used regularly all the time I’ve had it, so it’s not like I’m missing out on the airfryer party, I’d just decided it was time for an upgrade to a newer, fancier, bigger one. I’ll get round to it eventually - but as I’ve managed all this time with the other one I’m not too bothered. 😊

I’m still laughing at Lurex and Durex…. 😆

Mr L and I are trying to reduce portion sizes - would the one person size be too small as I think the family one might just encourage us to go back to pigging out which neither of us are able to do nowadays as we try to eat lightly due to poor digestive systems.
The one that I’ve got would probably be too small for two people as it’s only a 1.5lt capacity. The T17021 model that I posted above might be more suitable. I think there are sizes around between the size of mine and the T17O21 size. The Ninja one was humongous …. 😳

Brilliant thanks ever so much. We have a halogen and it’s fine but limited to what we can do. Our oven has just given up. Doing research before we replace it. In the meantime I’m thinking of an air fryer for when we don’t need to have the oven on full for small amounts of cooking.

Latest posts

Back