NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not strictly NIOD, but one of the Deciem products... have recently tried the Hylamide SubQ Eye. My eyes are sore and super-dry. I think the retinol is not for my skin.

Probably doesn't help that I'm off the back of a cold and "enjoying" tree pollen hayfever, so undereye area very dark and sensitive.

Anyone else tried this product - how did you get on? Any initial problems that resolved themselves on further exposure?

i have used this for 5 month, no problems
sometimes day and night and sometimes in conjunction with AH absolute eye complex
and occasionally the Decleor Hydrotenseur
i haven't finished my first bottle yet
but just recently bought another bottle as Boots had it in store for £15 (possibly a mistake as higher price online)

i do also apply the Niod CAIS 1% and MMHC up to under lash line and over eye lid
so this area is getting a good amount of Hyaluronic acid at different levels too

my eyes do get dry and itchy and sore during hayfever/pollen time
as you say, it may not be helping either

also, how long have you been using it ?
the below surface hydration stuff can take a little while to kick in
and you may need, for surface hydration, some addtional HA or eye cream
it is a serum, and as you know, very light, so an eye cream on top may be an interim option
esp for surface hydration locally

i have not felt the need for an eye cream on top
and i prefer to keep it light in that area
but i did not start using this in hayfever time
and change of season time often kicks something off too

anyway, if you feel sure it doesn't agree with you
did you perchance buy it at Deciem ?
if yes, i wouldn't feel shy to return for refund

p.s. hope you and eyes feel better soon
for sore dry eyes this time of year, some tips
i use the herb eye bright as an eye wash
brew up with hot water like a week tea
then strain thru muslin or kitchen paper
use with eye bath when cooled
i get the herb at Neals Yard
and a small pack for £3 lasts me all year
you can use cooled soltion also for wiping over eyes
keeps in fridge for a couple of days

and then there is course the old slice of cucumber remedy
and for a quick fix, the Liz Earle Eyebright tonic wiped over eye lid

fyi
India Knight in Sunday Times also a user (and fan) of the CAIS 5% (and MMHC and Flavanone mud)

CdhSyVDWAAE8n3M.jpg large.jpg

click on it to read

lilith,
just wanted to let you know that I prefer the AH new mask to the NIOD one, my pores look the cleanest and smallest ever, especially on top of the cheeks, perhaps this is due to enzymes eating away the impurities, and the ache scars are much softer. I still like the NIOD one and it's more affordable than the AH one and I will deicide what I buy next after finishing them both. TBH, I half expected to return AH mask as just couldn't resist trying it on free pnp and see what it's like. I posted on the BOTM thread a link to AH Facebook to 'before and after' photos and it's very much my experience like what's on the photos. I thought I'd share my experience while it's on free pnp and introductory price. The mask is very potent and I managed to burn my skin that it was peeling off a few days through my own fault, applying it three nights in a row, like you do with other mask for a 'kick off' start.

Just an update, my skin is peeling again since I used the AH mask last Sunday night. I thought that it happened because I applied it three days in a raw but it had now happened just after one time. I will be persevering once a week and if there’s no improvement I may have to send it back.

i have used this for 5 month, no problems
sometimes day and night and sometimes in conjunction with AH absolute eye complex
and occasionally the Decleor Hydrotenseur
i haven't finished my first bottle yet
but just recently bought another bottle as Boots had it in store for £15 (possibly a mistake as higher price online)

i do also apply the Niod CAIS 1% and MMHC up to under lash line and over eye lid
so this area is getting a good amount of Hyaluronic acid at different levels too

my eyes do get dry and itchy and sore during hayfever/pollen time
as you say, it may not be helping either

also, how long have you been using it ?
the below surface hydration stuff can take a little while to kick in
and you may need, for surface hydration, some addtional HA or eye cream
it is a serum, and as you know, very light, so an eye cream on top may be an interim option
esp for surface hydration locally

i have not felt the need for an eye cream on top
and i prefer to keep it light in that area
but i did not start using this in hayfever time
and change of season time often kicks something off too

anyway, if you feel sure it doesn't agree with you
did you perchance buy it at Deciem ?
if yes, i wouldn't feel shy to return for refund

Bought in Boots and when I posted I'd used it 2 days then left off because eyes felt so sore. I've since tried again - night time only rather than day and night. Much better! Layered it with my Gatineau Melatogenine eye cream on top (round the orbital area only). Skin no longer feels like a drumskin, and the "black eyes" have lessened. I never expect to lose the darkness completely as it's hereditary, but they do look fresher now. Will continue overnight only, and with eye cream on top.

p.s. hope you and eyes feel better soon
for sore dry eyes this time of year, some tips
i use the herb eye bright as an eye wash
brew up with hot water like a week tea
then strain thru muslin or kitchen paper
use with eye bath when cooled
i get the herb at Neals Yard
and a small pack for £3 lasts me all year
you can use cooled soltion also for wiping over eyes
keeps in fridge for a couple of days

and then there is course the old slice of cucumber remedy
and for a quick fix, the Liz Earle Eyebright tonic wiped over eye lid

Love LE eyebright - always have it on hand. My dry eyes are always with me as I've got problems with the meibomian glands which feed an oily layer across the tears to slow evaporation... but add in hayfever and it's a real pain. I put hot compresses across my eyes and find that they help as they get the oil flowing instead of solidifying.

oooh, i see from Victoria Health Newsletter that a new Niod launch is forthcoming
will be anounced on VH on 26 April (no clue given so far as to what it may be)
a waterbased non toxic spf cc skin perfecting cream would be amazing,
but not a guess, just on top of my wish list

oooh 2, Marina, you clever sausage, re the CAIS 5% birthday booster
well, hasn't that just gone and won Tatler Serum of the Year !
well, we want to hear about how you got on using the 5% precious juice !!!!
hope you have finally got your hand on the FM mud - i am looking all terracotta face as i type this :0)

Marina, i take it, with it being the 26th today
and as you are a recipient the Victoria Health newsletter
that you saw the new product launch
and the free secret birthday gift offer if a new product with purchases today only
until midnight

anyone else wants to know, pls visit Victoria Health website

Thank you for the update lilith, coincidently I haven't been checking my emails for about a week, but checking the forum a few times a day ))). I'm off to VH to have a look.

ps I haven't started on my CAIS 5% yet, have plans to start in June after I return from holiday and anticipating the skin will need some TLC. I still have some light freckles on the tops of my cheeks and having great hopes to have blemish free skin one day. I will be taking the CAIS 1% with me, would't want to undo the good work it's done so far.

i went for the new cleansing balm
and free new product present thingy

don't have a lot of time at the mo
just didn't want you to say, crikey wish i had known
as offer expires after midnight
mine has already shipped

I haven't been to VH yet, was busy updating my previous post about a dozen of times.

ps I collected my order from boots today the Indeed Labs Enzyme Wash, and there was a good layer of dead skin come off, but I keep thinking that AH Enzyme Wash perhaps superior to this one, wish they put it in a TSV again, last time they did I gave it a miss.

I went for the cleansing balm too but there was no option to add the gift, I think they said it was unlisted, I'll wait and see.

I went for the cleansing balm too but there was no option to add the gift, I think they said it was unlisted, I'll wait and see.

yes, the instructions said that gift will not show up in basket or invoice
anyone who ordered anything from Niod today,
had that order confirmation and can show that they ate entitled, if need be

see what else got launched on website today,

Non-acid Acid Precursor 15%
30ml
35.00 GBP
(Out of stock)

'NAAP is a non-acidic alternative to acid-based epidermal resurfacing. Instead of using direct acids like AHA/BHA or retinoids that are common in skincare, NAAP uses fermentation bio-derivatives and amino isolates that act as precursors to skin-compatible acids, encouraging visible radiance and surface regularity without the redness and inflammation associated with acids. NAAP was found non-irritating in an independent Human Repeat Insult Patch Test.

TECHNOLOGIES
A suspension of probiotic bacteria purified through lysis acts as a precursor of skin-compatible natural acids.
Two forms of amino isolates mimmic the surface-regularizing action of retinoids without any presence of retinoids or related acids.
A bio-ferment oligopeptide offers better exfoliation than alpha hydroxyl acids without irritation or inflammation.
A highly-purified natural levomenol offers surface barrier support, hydration and comfort.
A marine-derived exopolysaccharide increases the skin's water-retention capacity—essential with enhanced skin turnover. '

'Apply a few drops at bedtime to the face avoiding the immediate eye areas. If used as part of a NIOD regimen, apply after CAIS and MMHC but before HV. If used along with ELAN, apply after ELAN. If sensitivity occurs, reduce application initially to every other night until skin builds tolerance.'

sounds very interesting ,
and adresses exactly the kind of thing i was concerned about with acid exfoliation
and looks like a very good alternative to me, at least on paper ...

http://niod.com/product/nid-non-acid...cursor-15-30ml

i believe this Non-acid Acid Precursor 15% will air at QVC on the 10th of May

yep, it is, even though QVC database did not quite get the name right
when calling it non acid precursor
but near enough
i got the may 10th date from Niod directly
and it looks this product which they call NAAP,
first launches on Q exclusively and since the next visit is the 10th of May
that is my best guess, putting together all the info from you Ian, from Niod website and from Deciem peeps

yep, it is, even though QVC database did not quite get the name right
when calling it non acid precursor
but near enough
i got the may 10th date from Niod directly
and it looks this product which they call NAAP,
first launches on Q exclusively and since the next visit is the 10th of May
that is my best guess, putting together all the info from you Ian, from Niod website and from Deciem peeps

hehe well see thats what i mean its team work from all of us on this

Latest posts

Back