Nothing for men

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I often look at the "recent items" list, and usually there have been shows in the early hours that interested me eg electronics or other gadgets, so I could watch the videos.

I know these were not live shows, but there haven't been any of them at all for what seems like weeks.

It's not even worth me logging on these days.

If they're doing children's clothes, they have a hard act to follow in the supermarkets and Markses where I recently bought a toddler's shirt and tie on a sale for a fiver.

As for things for men, strato, totally agree. OH never watches a show these days and he used to watch all the DIY shows.

Good grief yes, the supermarkets have lovely children's clothes these days, and at very good prices. QVC will struggle to break that market, I think.

I've picked up some great stuff for the nephews and nieces in Asda, and when they have sales even better. And the feedback from the Mums and Dads about the quality has been very good. It was my 14 year old nephew's birthday a month or so ago, and he's mad on Star Wars - bought him a lovely long-sleeved tee shirt as part of his present - it had all the characters printed on the front, loads of detail, small man's size and only £7!! The family live in Holland and love clothes from England, so that went down well.

Good grief yes, the supermarkets have lovely children's clothes these days, and at very good prices. QVC will struggle to break that market, I think.

Last edited:
Ideal World caters far better for men, in my opinion. In QVC's world, there are only women of a certain age, generally celebrity-obsessed, with a large disposable income... yes, QVC really are losing touch with reality.

funnily enough, if you are in the market for a watch - most of the Skagen watches they have on at present are mens watches...

That shows how infrequently I watch Q these days!

But it still seems ages since they previously had a Skagen show.

They had some library footage of an actual man modelling one of the watches... filmed in their old Battersea studios!!! Debbie and Alison seemed quite overcome with surprise and other emotions.... Mostly they just had Frankie modelling everything, male and female. And I'm pretty sure Debbie was wearing a man's watch most of the hour.

Tech and diy shows are few and far between no mens products after shave eau de toilette,the shows geared towards womens products thats where the money is so it will nor change

They are missing out on a whole market sector though. You'd think they'd at least get back some of the DIY shows & sell more mens' toiletries.

It's the same with Gems TV jewellery - Steve Bennett has said on several occasions that they don't have much men's jewellery because it doesn't sell so well. At one time they had men's rings, watches and cufflinks on the progs. quite often, but they're rarely on now. Gems won't turn up a money-making opportunity, but if items don't sell they quickly stop doing them, they are not prepared to keep plugging away in the hope that next time they showcase items they'll be snapped up. No doubt they don't want to take the chance of getting left with a lot of stuff they can only get rid of in the sales at vastly discounted prices - which is what has happened in the past. If they do bring out anything for the guys, they only do them in relatively small quantities, I've noticed. The OH snapped up a nice 9ct gold ring about 18 months ago, good gold weight as well, but the remaining few (about 4-5) ended up in one of their sales - they only had limited ring size options, and he was lucky enough to snaffle one his size, a T-U. I've also noticed now that on the rare occasions when they have cufflinks on, the presenters keep on stressing that they can be worn equally well by the ladies, how smart they look worn with a white shirt and business suit, etc. etc. They are also very quick to say that a man's ring can be worn by a woman, get it re-sized, etc. etc. Can't blame them for trying everything, I suppose.

Tech and diy shows are few and far between no mens products after shave eau de toilette,the shows geared towards womens products thats where the money is so it will nor change

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back