Old Misery Guts....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

(mum writes)

I really don't understand the current hype over bedding. The only person that sees my bedding is me! And my bedroom is not the focus of my home. After all, in keeping with many, I can just about get my bed in there with a little room to spare. Without a word of a lie, I still use a set of sheets that I bought in the 70s. They came from a catalogue that was all the rage at the time. They've been washed probably thousands of times now and they've not lost their colour, no loose threads, they don't need to be ironed or anything like that and yet they really do look as good as they day I bought them. They don't need to be this, that or the other thread count or made from cotton grown in a light mist syphoned from craters on Mars and they certainly didn't need to be expensive. After all, how much does it really matter? If it's comfortable, looks good and matches your decor and tastes, is anyone going to complain that it might have only cost £20 in Linens Dire

I couldn't help but laugh when Craig said that this is the sort of stuff he'd have if he won on the lottery and she responded with "Awwww...." I guess she doesn't consider that us plebs would actually want it.

Bah humbug ;)

Excellent post, I agree 100%:wave:

I'll have you know she has a MBE :puke: How on earth she managed to get that I'll never know:down:

Is she actually real, or is she a robot..............

I think her attitude stinks. People are supposed to part with their cash to someone who gives every impression of despising them. I don't want gushing fawning nonsense but a bit of acknowledgment that your custom is what keeps the ship afloat would be nice. FGS Simon Wilson and Liz Earle both quite up themselves in their way are capable of acknowledging this, why is it so beneath this woman?

GOOD GOD!
what a nasty woman i found myself screaming at the telly "go on Charlie hit her!"
she is the most obnoxious rude supercilious patronising piece of work i've seen on qvc
, you're there to flog your stuff to the qvc audience not look down your nose at the great un washed, she just mentioned she has more ranges coming on qvc- wall-paper well, i wonder what colours it will be available in - Taupe/light taupe/lighter taupe/ beige/fawn/light tan/mushroom anyone??
For gods sake i hope someone on qvc is looking on here and gives her a lesson on humility and graciousness
what a complete MOO (i'm not going to comment on her appearance cos that's mean and its soo unlike me............)

OH and I watched some of the 7pm show and agreed that it was all banal - banal design, banal colours, banal woman. Perhaps at some point in history - when everything in interior design was fussy and floral - she represented a new edge but this stuff is everywhere now, and far more sensibly priced at that. She reminds me of the uber-privileged IT girls who staff shops like Anya Hindmarch in London, any potential intelligence or talent has been bred out of them and their clients are only their own kind (or those who are precisely the opposite but aspire to be the same i.e. the Beckhams.) Not since Rosemary Connolly have I encountered a woman so utterly devoid of charisma. Watching her and Charlie was painful:

Charlie: "You say in your book that design comes from the heart..."
KH: "Yah, yah..."
Charlie: "I love that..."
KH: "Well it does, really..."
Charlie: "Yeah. I just love it."
KH: "Yah. Love it, yah..."
Charlie: "Yeah..."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy:

Watching her and Charlie was painful:

Charlie: "You say in your book that design comes from the heart..."
KH: "Yah, yah..."
Charlie: "I love that..."
KH: "Well it does, really..."
Charlie: "Yeah. I just love it."
KH: "Yah. Love it, yah..."
Charlie: "Yeah..."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy:
What a mind numbing double act....Dumb & Dumber. :yawn: :yawn:

What is all this...."oh, I've got jet lag, seems like I've been here two days already!....", she wants to find out how some of us people live! My husband does a 14 hour day, every day.
Heaven forbid, she's selling her own 'designs', surely she should feel proud and enthusiastic, even have a smile about it for all the thousands she must be making!

GOOD GOD!
(i'm not going to comment on her appearance cos that's mean and its soo unlike me............)

Maybe not, but I will ;)

I couldn't help but notice that her hair gave every impression that she'd been dragged into the studio by the ankles (although I'm sure most of us would rather be seeing her dragged out like that!) Today I see that the current "on-trend" look is described as a bed-head bob. In other words, your hair looks like a scruffy mess. This apparently has been started off by The Broomstick known as Victoria Beckham and isn't KH a good friend of hers? I know she said the Beckhams have the TSV bedding she hawked. Whoopee shite. They are such a bunch of sheep aren't they? Jet lag or not, she must be toadying up to Posh and copying the look.

Maybe not, but I will ;)

I couldn't help but notice that her hair gave every impression that she'd been dragged into the studio by the ankles (although I'm sure most of us would rather be seeing her dragged out like that!) Today I see that the current "on-trend" look is described as a bed-head bob. In other words, your hair looks like a scruffy mess. This apparently has been started off by The Broomstick known as Victoria Beckham and isn't KH a good friend of hers? I know she said the Beckhams have the TSV bedding she hawked. Whoopee shite. They are such a bunch of sheep aren't they? Jet lag or not, she must be toadying up to Posh and copying the look.

:mysmilie_867:

Excellent post, I agree 100%:wave:

Cant Craig make his mind up ? First he says on an early show that he has been sleeping on the white tsv all week , and now says he would have it if he was a lottery winner ! oh for heavens sake, is there ANYTHING this man has in his little flat that ISN'T QVC ?????

Cant Craig make his mind up ? First he says on an early show that he has been sleeping on the white tsv all week , and now says he would have it if he was a lottery winner ! oh for heavens sake, is there ANYTHING this man has in his little flat that ISN'T QVC ?????

PERHAPS THE PACK OF TWO BREEZIES? :thinking:

i think craig gets paid in goods rather than cold hard cash! whenever he says "oh i've got this or my sister has that or my mum loves hers" me and my mate always shout "oh no you haven't" its like panto all year around!
the other one we like to shout at is JF every big intake of breath or slurping noise every mention of family ,dogs etc we usually clap and give her a round of applause , real interactive telly!!
Now you are probably thinking we watch too much qvc..............well we're just sad !!!and it is fun to watch with another qvc add!ict ( i particularly enjoy the games we play of name the presenters children/wife/dog/fav colour/sis's name etc!) ............note to self.............get a life!

What I found odd was that happy Hoppen admitted that she hadn't seen some of the bedlinen before she came to the studio. So that's how to be a designer at the top of your game - draw a picture of a taupe or white duvet, send it in, and just rock up when it's ready to be sold to the plebs. Easy!

I turned over during the break in Emmerdale and Charlie had just made a joke (can't remember what it was) and yer woman just cut him dead. Felt sorry for him. She was trying to flog some kind of big jar for candles for nearly 70 quid that were hideous looking,

Latest posts

Back