Omg debbie selling a £200 necklace

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Normally I don't really mind Debbie Flints selling at all, but this afternoon I have to say her selling the TSV was a OMG moment to say the least.
First was her hard to believe shock of seeing the price saying, "I thought the price was going to be 300 - 400 pounds, what have we done here?"
Then going on to say, "it's such a too good to be true price, that you should just grab two of them right now."
"You'll be able to join two together to make yourself a longer necklace with the clasp under your hair."
"Or you'll have an extra one just in case someone see's your necklace and says why didn't to get me one."

For one moment I really thought I was listening to the sell of a cream egg or a bag of sweets not a £200 necklace. :mysmilie_486:

How many of you are buying two of a just in case £200 something off QVC then? :confused2:

That is the very reason I switch off when she comes on...I really do not like her hard sell tactics at all. She has missed her way and should be definitely stood on a market somewhere shouting....."come and get your lovely ripe bananas".

That is the very reason I switch off when she comes on...I really do not like her hard sell tactics at all. She has missed her way and should be definitely stood on a market somewhere shouting....."come and get your lovely ripe bananas".

More like melons :nod:

To be fair, QVC have probably seen that ASDA woman in the news and are trying to encourage others to do the same :smirk:

Normally I don't really mind Debbie Flints selling at all, but this afternoon I have to say her selling the TSV was a OMG moment to say the least.
First was her hard to believe shock of seeing the price saying, "I thought the price was going to be 300 - 400 pounds, what have we done here?"
Then going on to say, "it's such a too good to be true price, that you should just grab two of them right now."
"You'll be able to join two together to make yourself a longer necklace with the clasp under your hair."
"Or you'll have an extra one just in case someone see's your necklace and says why didn't to get me one."

For one moment I really thought I was listening to the sell of a cream egg or a bag of sweets not a £200 necklace. :mysmilie_486:

How many of you are buying two of a just in case £200 something off QVC then? :confused2:

I couldn't even afford a quarter of one, let alone two! What ridiculous planet is she living on?!

just because she's down to earth as opposed to up herself like most of them, doesn't mean debbie should be on a market stall.

you don't need airs and graces and a 'i was wonderful from the day i was born' cv to seel tat on qvc.

If they consider them to be SOOOOOOOO cheap, why hasn't all the staff and presenters at Q TOWERS snapped them up to flog on e bay ?, cos if they did there'd be none left to sell, thank gawd !

well really ladies: surely anyone could afford to buy more then one? I have ordered 8 to ensure I have enough to give them to the bin men for their wives for Christmas
never mind if the mortgage does not get paid this month

Seriously, what planet is she on?????????

just because she's down to earth as opposed to up herself like most of them, doesn't mean debbie should be on a market stall.

you don't need airs and graces and a 'i was wonderful from the day i was born' cv to seel tat on qvc.

She can't be that down to earth if she's telling people to buy two when they are £200 each...like the others have said "what planet is she on"...definitely not planet Earth.

She can't be that down to earth if she's telling people to buy two when they are £200 each...like the others have said "what planet is she on"...definitely not planet Earth.

i dunno, doing her job as a salesperson i suppose. i just find it nice to watch someone who seems more interested in the product than herself.

i dunno, doing her job as a salesperson i suppose. i just find it nice to watch someone who seems more interested in the product than herself.

She doesn't come across as being interested in the products to me, just the sales, hence the hard sell tactics that she constantly uses. I agree with dottiebird, a market stall is more suited to her.

DF has become one of my least favourite presenters because of the way she pushes for sales. She's not interested in any of the products she sells and has got into a habit of saying "buy four of them and stockpile"! :doh:

Everytime she comes on now I either turn over to another channel or press mute!

She doesn't come across as being interested in the products to me, just the sales, hence the hard sell tactics that she constantly uses. I agree with dottiebird, a market stall is more suited to her.

I agree. She comes over to me as insincere and hardnosed with her constant suggestions that we buy extra products in case all and sundry see them and want one. And when she does that awful pointy finger thing........ Give me Carmel any day over DF and her market stall presentation style.

She really annoys me, everything is 'Just get it home and try it'
I watched a fashion hour with her a few days ago and DF said that "if your size isn't available buy the next size down because the material will stretch to fit!" Eh I don't think so, if you've not got my size then I'm not buying. I'm not going to buy a top that is a size smaller for it to start to burst at the seams while I'm trying to get it over my shoulders! :angry:

Could you imagine if I bought a top from my M&S store that was a size smaller only to return it with all the seams burst at the side and saying "well you didn't have my size so I got a smaller size and unfortunately it burst at the sides" they would ban me from the store!

My big gripe with DF is irresponsibility (especially in the times of austerity). I heard her the other evening with an advanced order item - can't remember what but she does it frequently - saying that was great because if you were a bit strapped for cash at the moment, you could order it anyway and scrape together the money by the time it was due to be delivered. Not to mention you could order 2 or 3 for yourself and friends and they can pay you back in instalments.....Heard her do this with the higher priced items like laptops/cameras etc and not 'just' the items around the 20- 30 pound mark. Completely irresposible selling IMHO and needs to be stopped. I know they are a shopping(selling) channel but there are limits.

I think DF would be a much better presenter if she toned this element of her sales pitch down a notch or two (or 5!).

She also said that if you decide it's not for you when you get it home you're bound to know someone who'll take it off your hands. That would be the lady at the post office then.

DF has grown on me lately as a presenter. I think she has learned to keep her baser instincts in check but they do escape from time to time.

She also said that if you decide it's not for you when you get it home you're bound to know someone who'll take it off your hands. That would be the lady at the post office then.

DF has grown on me lately as a presenter. I think she has learned to keep her baser instincts in check but they do escape from time to time.

Can you image someone I've got this £200 necklace cause a friend didn't like it, so I snapped it up.
Then when your together will it never cross your mind this wasn't good enough for her.:smirk:

I agree. She comes over to me as insincere and hardnosed with her constant suggestions that we buy extra products in case all and sundry see them and want one. And when she does that awful pointy finger thing........ Give me Carmel any day over DF and her market stall presentation style.

Drives me totally insane that. Strange why the finger never points to the outrageous P&P charge box.

Latest posts

Back