One For The Girls.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to be primarily a Geller girl and wore no other ranges but hers - then I got a bit braver and experimented. I started with Smashbox (but not from QVC from Jayne's site JBD, much better pricing and service) and have also dabbled with Mally - her eye colours and mascara are brilliant, lipglosses too but they are very highly perfumed.

I switched from Lily Lolo to Elemental Beauty for my mineral foundation, but am now using one from Bare Faced Beauty which I am loving.

Also forgot to say am using UNE from Boots a lot at the moment, their mascara is lovely and their lipstick very moisturising.

Love A'kin I'd love to see your make up stash - if you show your I'll show mine :wink: hee hee xxxx

Last edited:
Like most on here, I have a ton of different stuff!

As far as QVC goes, I love Bobbi Brown (though I rarely buy from le Q as they have such a limited range. Really like the gel eyeliners (use every day) and the cream shadows. Really seems to give a very polished look, that other ranges don't quite seem to get.

Not a fan of Mally really. Have tried a few bits, but I agree with Donna re the being similarly "cheap" to Stacey's stuff. Didn't seem like the best quality to me.

Laura Geller's a bit hit and miss. Quite like the blushers but hated the lip colours and found the famous Balance and Brighten rather underwhelming.

Like Smashbox Halo - sometimes alone, sometimes over foundation. Eyeshadows give good rich lasting colour but I disliked the lipglosses and the eyeliners.

Foundationwise, I went off BE when it started to make me itch and though I flirted with Lily Lolo, I too got sick of all the faff of buffing etc! Tend to alternate now between MAC Studio Sculpt, Estee Lauder Doublewear or Tesco Barbara Daly Face Lifting (which is great for the price).

Okeydokey then, here goes... :grin: :wink:

Eyes:

makeup002a.jpg

makeup015a.jpg

makeup050a.jpg

WOW I thought I was a cosmetic junkie--- but am NOWHERE near!

Like BE Mineral foundation ( now in Matt)
Bobbi Brown Staywear cream eyeshadows
LG Blushers & have recently tried the Smashbox gel which turns pink on the skin ( good)
Clinique mascara & their white base.
Clinique Miosturising lip gloss.

Don't like

LG lipsticks & glosses ( the taste)
BE eyeshadows ( fine messy)

I have to say apart from LG I don't buy from QVC as am lucky to have shops near where I can get everything so don't have the dreaded P&P!

Good grief! That is some collection. I'm both impressed and jealous:mysmilie_467:

xxx

Bare Escentuals - the TSVs are unbeatable value and I love that brushes are included.

Laura Geller - I like the Brighten base and blush range but get the feeling the products are for older women than me, and I don't like the lip shades.

Smashbox - very professional, long lasting, great brushes. I love Halo, just wish it had SPF.

Mally - just getting into the range and like it a lot. It really is long-lasting. Can be quite dramatic colours, you need a light touch.

Some absolutely beauteous make up there LA! My stash is feeble in comparison - but I shall photograph it later on :happy: I love your lipstick collection - I am still looking to find a suitable replacement for my LG Venus (remember that?)

makeup002a.jpg

Love the colour palette of your eyeshadows L'Akin, very nice indeedy. :up:

:hi:Thanks Sacha! I have some c o l o u r - for when I'm in the mood - but most of my "Go To" daily workhorse eyeshadows are in that pic. Classic Bobbi Brown just works for me.

Good grief! That is some collection. I'm both impressed and jealous:mysmilie_467:

xxx

:hi: I'm both :mysmilie_866: and :mysmilie_466: :mysmilie_17:

WOW I thought I was a cosmetic junkie--- but am NOWHERE near!

:hi:On the other board I posted on I made everybody feel considerably more sane than me as well! :mysmilie_61:

Wow that's an impressive stash A'kin!!!

Personally I love Mac,Bobbi Brown and Smashbox...probably with Mac being my favorite.
I also like BE but mostly the Buxom lip glosses and the eye colours.

Some absolutely beauteous make up there LA! My stash is feeble in comparison - but I shall photograph it later on :happy: I love your lipstick collection - I am still looking to find a suitable replacement for my LG Venus (remember that?)

Remember it? It's still one of my faves! :heart:

Looking forward to seeing your stash cherub. :nod:

Love it! My stash takes up the bottom half of a double wardrobe so glad to know I'm not alone. I wonder what the value of your stash is?:sweat:

I shudder to think my lovely! :cash::cash::cash::doh:

Glad I'm not the only one! :sun:

Wow that's an impressive stash A'kin!!!

Personally I love Mac,Bobbi Brown and Smashbox...probably with Mac being my favorite.
I also like BE but mostly the Buxom lip glosses and the eye colours.

:hi: Some people have also used the word impressive - but most use other words...Like demented! :blush::wink::giggle:

:hi: Some people have also used the word impressive - but most use other words...Like demented! :blush::wink::giggle:

I always feel pathetically excited when the new seasons palettes come out..there's something slightly addictive about new make up for me....I don't NEED it, but I want it and I must have it kind of feeling!!

I am envious of your beautiful stash :happy::wonder:

Apologies for the rubbish quality picture, my hands are not very steady at the moment!:thinking:

I'll name everything as you can't see it too clearly, so starting left hand side we have all my foundations/concealers/primer etc. I have two silver BareFaced Beauty Foundations in Whisper and English Rose, next to that is my Lush Colour Supplement in Pink Fair. Then the white container with the rose on is my Elemental Beauty Mineral foundation in English Rose. There is my Laura Geller Spackle, then my Mally Cancellation Concealer and Rimmel Hide The Blemish in the bullet. Finally I have my Mally Luminizer.

Next are my Eye products, my mascara is from UNE, then my two Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners in Espresso Brown and Espresso Ink. Two Laura Geller Eye Pencils in Tuscan Nights and a Mally Eyeliner in Gunmetal.Just back from that is my Mally Eyeshadow in Plum and my LG eyeshadow in Winter - also not pictured is my Smashbox mascara in Violet which is superb.

Cheeks - I have my Elemental Beauty blushers in Sugar Mouse and Pink Champagne, then my Laura Geller Portofino in Como and my BELOVED Laura Geller Ethereal Rose powder, finally my Mally blush in Pink Glow.

Lips finally - and I have my Mally lipliner in pink, my Laura Geller lip liner and lipstick combined in Berry Glow, then my Laura Geller Venus lippy and my Smashbox lippy in InStyle. There is also a BareFaced Beauty lipgloss in nude but it STINKS and I can't use it.

A small stash, but a useful one :happy::talking:

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 190
hi Jacqueline..welcome from me too. I would say save your money..trot along to Superdrug and try their Gosh range, also our branch is now doing Accessorise make-up..eyeshadows and blusher are brilliant...

Ahem..! Further to my earlier post, in today's Daily Mail Beauty Confidential, the Accessorize blusher scores 10/10 ...to be fair the Bobbi Brown one does quite well, but more than twice the price of the Accessorize! I rest my case..!

Latest posts

Back