One Time Only Prices 8/12/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't read it as a criticism, just that it'd get lost on a daily OTO thread.

Ebay has changed so much; back in the day QVC beauty items would sell well from a 99p start price. But they've changed all the incentives to favour big brands selling off their old stock and small business sellers (apart from the odd half priced fees offer for occasional sellers). Buyers are impatient and the focus is definitely on Buy-it-now listings. The TSV buy-and-split sellers and those who frequent the QVC Outlets undercut each other to the point where I wonder how they make any money. They should form a cartel and price fix at just below retail price and they'd still sell, but at a slightly higher margin, and leave the rest of us free to compete selling our single items to offset the cost of buying a TSV or other collection. On a TSV day there are few regular sellers who list the component parts of a TSV, the first might be 14.99, the next 14.95 and then maybe 14.90; withing a few hours they'll revise the prices like watching an old falling price channel to 14.87, 14.80 and 14.79! :mysmilie_15:

So true about people's selling activity on eBay. Also, you see people selling a nail polish, say, for 99p plus 99p P&P, when in fact since Royal Mail made anything over an inch thick a small parcel, the postage alone will be nearly £3! Why do these people sell at such a loss? I can only assume they're putting their packages through the office franking machine!

I didn't read it as a criticism, just that it'd get lost on a daily OTO thread.

Ebay has changed so much; back in the day QVC beauty items would sell well from a 99p start price. But they've changed all the incentives to favour big brands selling off their old stock and small business sellers (apart from the odd half priced fees offer for occasional sellers). Buyers are impatient and the focus is definitely on Buy-it-now listings. The TSV buy-and-split sellers and those who frequent the QVC Outlets undercut each other to the point where I wonder how they make any money. They should form a cartel and price fix at just below retail price and they'd still sell, but at a slightly higher margin, and leave the rest of us free to compete selling our single items to offset the cost of buying a TSV or other collection. On a TSV day there are few regular sellers who list the component parts of a TSV, the first might be 14.99, the next 14.95 and then maybe 14.90; withing a few hours they'll revise the prices like watching an old falling price channel to 14.87, 14.80 and 14.79! :mysmilie_15:

i think it may be algorythms doing the price revising as in computer bots ...

Latest posts

Back