Oreck - is the quality there?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I bought my first Oreck when the Q first started selling the brand. It stopped picking up within a couple of months, so I received a replacement. That went down the same route and, currently, is not even usable, as it won't pick up. Meanwhile, I recommended it to mum who says she likes it. But I have used her Oreck and, after vacuuming, have to go over the floor with a dustpan and brush. I think it was Chuntley, who said she likes Dyson and, in this unique instance, I have to agree with her. I certainly wouldn't have another Oreck. In fact, I bought the Monster 2 - in - 1 to use in my bedroom, and this is more effective than the Oreck was when it was working.

I bought an Oreck when it was a TSV a couple of years ago. It still does a great job, although it hasn't got any additional tools, and I'd rate it higher than the Dyson I used to have which weighed a ton and didn't pick up things as well.

BUT, since buying an AirRam, the Oreck hasn't come out of the cupboard. :wink:

I bought an Oreck when it was a TSV a couple of years ago. It still does a great job, although it hasn't got any additional tools, and I'd rate it higher than the Dyson I used to have which weighed a ton and didn't pick up things as well.

BUT, since buying an AirRam, the Oreck hasn't come out of the cupboard. :wink:

I bought an Oreck donkey's years ago...worked well, lightweight etc etc - no tools tho. Bought a Sebo, loved it, bought a bigger Sebo and left the first one upstairs to save me dragging it up & down (or more correctly for BusyDad to tote up & down) - however, as I get older, less able and more breathless even the Sebo is hard work, so I got the Gtech and I absolutely love it! Even I can now manage to clean the floors on a daily basis, even upstairs..I'm now HappyMum!

I agree I love my dyson all floors had it several years and still cleaning exceptionally but the GTECH air ram is the best cleaner I have ever had. I also had the miele cat and dog which broke down after three years so wont go there again. the air ram is lightweight, extremely effective, cheap and and easy to use. don't like orek as I don't like buying bags and filters

My Oreck is old but still going strong, but I'm glad I got the air ram as it's even lighter to move around. I still use the little canister vac that came with my Oreck upright and as well as the obvious uses it's great for inflating large items like paddling pools. I've never had a vac which says it's okay to use the exhaust outlet in this way. My kids are past paddling pool age but when they were little they were impatient to get the pool set up if the weather was sunny; filling with water still took ages though!

I have a second hand oreck,bought for about £30 on ebay.My house is 3 storeys and I like to keep a hoover up the top to save all the heaving of my henry hoover.

I used to have a Dyson and don't rate them at all.My henry hoover is brilliant - had him for years and still going strong :up: as for my Oreck,I'd like to compare mine to a brand new one...mine does pick up but its not brilliant.Its noisy but I like the lightness of it.

Latest posts

Back