Overpriced, or am I just mean?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why would anyone want to buy or read that? Well, OK maybe someone would but £80?? Now this . . . .

OK can't do links but number 702602. Me want, me want, me want.

CC

Cheap at twice the price!

No - and it says 2014 on the cover. If it didn't perhaps you could have it as a coffeetable book - but putting the date on it means it instantly looks out of date (well, we are in 2015... so it's already past its sell-by date).

CC you mean Mickey?

Yes, I so love that Mickey (and the Minnie as well). However, ridiculous price so no can do.

I bet that book turns up in the cheap book shop for less than a tenner and I agree, putting the date on makes it out of date instantly.

CC

If you want to check out a perfume you can use a website like fragrantica for free. The blurb says that this book lists 8,000 perfumes but at 254 pages there can't be much detail on each one.

QVC are trying to be the Harrods of shopping TV, what they don't realise is 99% of people can't afford to shop at Harrods.

You would at least think the pages would be "Scratch and Sniff" for that price lol

It's a shame as if that book was a reasonable or anything close to normal price then I would buy it. However this guy produces one of these every year, and every year it costs a fortune. I guess there are some very wealthy idiots (oops sorry people) who buy one for their coffee table every year. And they must have the latest copy!

I was waiting for someone to start a thread on this! Totally ridiculous price for a ridiculous book. I wonder if anyone actually bought it? Like someone else says with the 2014 on the front its already out of date!

In the days when I was working we had a delivery of 'Book Club' tomes and bits and pieces about once a month. Lots of these books were of the coffee table variety with a price of £20 plus on the inside cover, but actual price was around £7 or £8 ! I remember buying my huge Times Atlas for around a tenner when it was 'supposed' to be £50 ! This book sounds like something similar.

In the days when I was working we had a delivery of 'Book Club' tomes and bits and pieces about once a month. Lots of these books were of the coffee table variety with a price of £20 plus on the inside cover, but actual price was around £7 or £8 ! I remember buying my huge Times Atlas for around a tenner when it was 'supposed' to be £50 ! This book sounds like something similar.

I've got a reader's digest atlas - it makes a great rest for my laptop! Plus it's then always handy when I want to look at any geographical info... :mysmilie_484:

But I draw the line at forking out £80 for something to rest my laptop on in future (which is about all what it would be good for).

Yes we used to get these. Some real bargains sometimes.

Oh I miss the Book Club too! We had it where I used to work, it was really useful for birthday and Christmas presents. Much better than Q's "gifting" options...

We had all the book clubs that seemed to be run by WH Smith, judging by the superabundance of Swindon postcodes... used to get very expensive, if you didn't pay attention.

At my work we used to get the book people - I got plenty of great presents for myself and other people from them. I think you can go on line and place orders - I'm sure I used to do that in the past!

We had all the book clubs that seemed to be run by WH Smith, judging by the superabundance of Swindon postcodes... used to get very expensive, if you didn't pay attention.

At my work we used to get the book people - I got plenty of great presents for myself and other people from them. I think you can go on line and place orders - I'm sure I used to do that in the past!

Ah the book people! That was it. Didn't know you could order online from them, will have to take a look. They were great for children's activities and books.

Michael redoes this book every few years to update.

He had his own site but you had to pay to join and could read updates etc

I admit to finding one of his books 20 Great Feminine Fragrances, loved it. Would I buy, No.

Lucia Turin has a number of books out with reviews of fragrances. The one shown was the last edition about 2 years old, he updates online only now.

Latest posts

Back