Overpriced, or am I just mean?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree that the perfume blogs are the best place to go.
So much expertise and passion.
I've made a few excellent purchases by reading the blogs, then scouring eBay for decants and 1ml samples.
Saved a lot of money, too.

I love perfume and eau de parfam, I never use eau de toilette ever. I collect perfume and have my own favourites so I'm really into this, and would certainly want to read the book. That's where it stops, when I first saw DF draw our attention to this book which is probably well illustrated, I gulped at the cost and seriously thought Q had made some error. In essence, even I would not purchase this book at its current price.

For bargain books you cant beat The Works Discount Bookstore, 3 brand new recently published paperbacks for a fiver and I was in there a couple of weeks ago and spotted the new Liz Earl book for around £3.99 :mysmilie_14:

I love perfume and eau de parfam, I never use eau de toilette ever. I collect perfume and have my own favourites so I'm really into this, and would certainly want to read the book. That's where it stops, when I first saw DF draw our attention to this book which is probably well illustrated, I gulped at the cost and seriously thought Q had made some error. In essence, even I would not purchase this book at its current price.

I'm very interested in the interests of other posters OhNot and I would never have thought people would be so into perfumes. This is what makes this a great forum because we learn from the interests of each other.

CC

Basenotes is a great forum to join, their directory is really excellent.

Candycane, there are some very very passionate perfume lovers. The guys seem very into batch numbers especially with Creed, seems some are better than others. Vintage, niche, some make their own DIY.

I can really recommend The Book People. There are some brilliant ane brilliant bargains on there and if you spend over £25 its free postage. I often put in an order with a friend so we get enough for free postage. There are some great cookery and kids book sets on, great for gifts. Its well worth a look!

I put a link to The Book People under post #18 on page 2 :happy:

I agree you can get some very nice present-worthy books, at a great price.

Latest posts

Back